• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A possible bug?

Similar to yours but in the GC I've had it happen twice where the OFFER PEACE is greyed out and when I hover over it it says 'you cannot make another peace offer until April 1643' (or some other date) only problem is it will be 1644 when this happens! Luckily both times I had a backup game but dang! eternal war with another country spells doom! I wonder why this happened?

Just wait a while

I don't know why this happens but it happens ALOT. The offer peace option is just not available. Waiting a month sometimes fixes it. I don't know what exactly fixes it as I always continue the war and then the option is there when I check again. I think this has happened to me over 30 times.

--Avenger

That's definately not the cause. I rarely speak to other countries and when I wanted to make these offers it had been many years since I spoke to any country.

To recap: I conquer a countrys only province and immediately I go to the diplomacy screen. The offer peace option is greyed out. It usually comes up after a month has passed. It doesn't even need to be the countrys only province. As soon as I conquer a territory I hit pause and then go for peace. The peace option simply isnt available. The peace option is also not available in the same month I start a war or a war is started against me.

I didn't think the above was a bug. I thought it was a feature. As an example: France has three huge armies sieging my provinces. I do an all out assault on two provinces and I capture them. I want to make peace BAD, before I lose those three provinces. I hit pause and I go to ask for peace. The option is greyed out. DAMN! It does seem like a feature in that case.

--Avenger

Declaring war is a diplomatic act... if you declare war on someone and conquer them before the month is over, you have to wait until the full month has elapsed before you can ask for peace.

If you ask for more things in a peace option than you have 'stars' for, I *think* the 'accept' button will be greyed out... from what I remember anyway.

one thing is to make sure that they haven't offered you peace in the meantime.
look for a dipomacy shield in the top right corner.
if they've offered peace, then you can't offer your own peace while their offer is outstanding.
that's the only possible reason i could think of other than the ones mentioned already (no diplomats, already sent a diplomat once that month).

Similar to yours but in the GC I've had it happen twice where the OFFER PEACE is greyed out and when I hover over it it says 'you cannot make another peace offer until April 1643' (or some other date) only problem is it will be 1644 when this happens! Luckily both times I had a backup game but dang! eternal war with another country spells doom! I wonder why this happened?

This is the exact description of what happens when the other side have made you an offer but you have not replied yet.
Go check my FAQ for possible solutions.

no messages from the other cuntry

Have you perhaps turned the messages off completly, by accident ?

I think Huszics comment might cover my problems. I must admit in the heat of the moment I often don't notice the little shields in the top right of the screen until it's to late. I'll see if I can set them to come up as those big heraldic style messages. If it's not possible then maybe as a suggestion for the next patch?. Thanks to all who posted.