• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(8900)

Accident waiting to happen
Apr 25, 2002
diablogues.over-blog.com
Often my vassals just break their vassalage (even with good relations) and just don't care about the stability hit, then I have to do it all other again, are there simple ways to prevent that ?

Originally posted by boultan
Often my vassals just break their vassalage (even with good relations) and just don't care about the stability hit, then I have to do it all other again, are there simple ways to prevent that ?

Are these forced vassalisations through wars or diplomatic ones. I don't think I've ever had a diplomatic vassalage broken apart from when trying to annex.

Are you a badboy in this game?

alberta.gif
BarristerBoy

not really a BB (reputation slightly turnished), playing as Navarra I managed to grab almost every provinces from Castille and Aragon but they keep on breaking their vassalage...
BTW I'd do the same...

Originally posted by boultan
not really a BB (reputation slightly turnished), playing as Navarra I managed to grab almost every provinces from Castille and Aragon but they keep on breaking their vassalage...
BTW I'd do the same...

Ahh, so that's it.

It isn't so much that you're a badboy, as that Castille and Aragon are likely bigger than you. So even though you can force a vassalization on them they keep breaking it because they think they can due to their size.

Keep grabbing provinces - their breaking the vasssalage is a convenient CB for you!

alberta.gif
BarristerBoy

if you want to keep a vassal invite her to your alliance. even if you go BB and relations are about 150+ they wont break vassalage as long as you dont call them for assistance

and of course - size DOES matter :D