• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jayavarman

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
96 Badges
Feb 8, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • East India Company Collection
  • Diplomacy
*embarrassed* What exactly is the Fantasia Scenario? Been playing this game for some time and yet never got around to finding out what the scenario was.

Originally posted by Phillip V
*embarrassed* What exactly is the Fantasia Scenario? Been playing this game for some time and yet never got around to finding out what the scenario was.

It's a "Civilization Style" Scenario

Re: Re: What is the Fantasia Scenario?

Originally posted by FrosT37

It's a "Civilization Style" Scenario

Never played Civilization. People don't say good things about it anyways. However, there is no scenario description for Fantasia Scenario?

Re: Re: Re: What is the Fantasia Scenario?

Never played Civilization. People don't say good things about it anyways. However, there is no scenario description for Fantasia Scenario?

what? you never played Civilization! These are classics of strategy games ;) YOU should try Civilization 2 at least once :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the Fantasia Scenario?

Originally posted by Wasa

Civilization 1..all other versions are bad replicas..;)

yes but when he'll see the graphics he won't wanna try it... It's better to start off with Civ2 (which is the better of the trilogy IMO)

The best way to find out what the Fantasia scenario is is to try it. It's a good way to learn all the mechanics of the game. You'll probably only fight natives since the starting countries are so far apart.
Can this be fixed in the scenario editor?

It's simply a scenario with 8 1-province countries and tons of colonists. You expand wherever you can and make wars as needs be.

It is editable as to which countries, but you have to manually edit the scenario file (or possibly use the scenario editor, but I can never get that to start up). You can replace the country tags and starting province numbers and voila.

For instance... I've done ones with the USA starting in Massachusetts... France in Paris... etcetera.

Re: Re: Re: What is the Fantasia Scenario?

Never played Civilization. People don't say good things about it anyways.

The original Civilization is an incomparable classic. However, edition number three isn't looked upon with the same respect. There's been a number of threads where people've said how much better EU2 is than Civ3, that's probably where you heard it. :)

Buying Civ 3 is an excellent idea.

While Civ 1 & 2 were fantastic games in their day (except when they ruined 2 when they rereleased it with awful graphics), Civ 3 has a different contribution to you gaming experience. The Cd makes a perfect coaster to put your drink on while playing EU2.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the Fantasia Scenario?

Originally posted by FrosT37

yes but when he'll see the graphics he won't wanna try it... It's better to start off with Civ2 (which is the better of the trilogy IMO)

How dare you assume I just look for graphics! The fact is that I just don't look for games. I stumbled onto EUII by accident.:D

Or on a more practical level... depending on your OS you won't be able to run Civ1... after all it is a DOS based game (I think the "Windows (3.1) version" is too)... Win2k won't run DOS at all, 98 has lots of problems, and I don't know about ME or XP, but I suspect they have their problems too.

IMHO Civ2 is better than Civ1, if for nothing else than the scenarios. They kept all the good parts and added some stuff (like firepower and some of the city improvements) that made it better. And yes, the graphics are better

Originally posted by pavlovs_dog
Or on a more practical level... depending on your OS you won't be able to run Civ1... after all it is a DOS based game (I think the "Windows (3.1) version" is too)... Win2k won't run DOS at all, 98 has lots of problems, and I don't know about ME or XP, but I suspect they have their problems too.

IMHO Civ2 is better than Civ1, if for nothing else than the scenarios. They kept all the good parts and added some stuff (like firepower and some of the city improvements) that made it better. And yes, the graphics are better

MS XP was the first OS that was entirely independent of MS-DOS. Though the command propt can still be opened.