• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(602)

Second Lieutenant
Dec 28, 2000
Visit site
OK, here is the deal. My computer is 800mhz w/ 64mb ram. My friends computer is 350mhz w/ 64mb ram. Yet, I cannot run the game worth anything. Comparing the time i played on his to mine, mine is pathetic. The game is totally unplayable, its as if i was running on a old 386. Now the one thing i do have is a home network between two identical computers, so i can share internet access. Both computers are the same, and run the game is the same terrible fashion. This is the only thing i can think of thats causing it. Any ideas? Anything at all to help? I am gunna end up living at his house to play this game!! Please, this is really upsetting.

WOW TRD!

Sorry you are having a problem! Look, I would hate to try and guess what the problem is since there are a number of other things you need to tell the Paradox folks about your set up (as an example, what brand is your machine, what brand is the micrprocessor, what is your os and its version, what version of Directx do you have, what are your video and sound cards), but I DO have a relatively simple solution and one you can do in a relatively short amount of time.

While I agree it is a mystery why your friend has better luck with his machine when both are at the lower RAM bound of adviseability, a simple solution for you WHATEVER it is that is ailing your machine, is more RAM. It is a shame to limit your nice MPU with so little RAM anyway. Go get 64 more, AND BEFORE you start thinking 'yeah, but I wanna play NOW!', Ugly made a smart comment about a site where you can get some quick and dirty virtual mem as a short term prop until you fix that RAM issue. I will go find it now (think I saw it in the General Discussion board). I have used this in the past and it worked great on my machines.

Back in a few minutes! ~~Scott

Dang! Sorry it took so long but apparently it was either moved to this section or I mis-remembered where it was...

Anyway, from the 'Memory Leak' thread:

<<Uglyduck
Private

You might like to try Cacheman a free download from www.outertech.com
I used it when my memory was a little short and playing Birth of the Federation. It helped a lot.>>