• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(4121)

First Lieutenant
May 30, 2001
Visit site
Well, I´ve played 1.05 now several times...Burgundy seems to be too much hated, because the inheritance event with Austria happens not that often any more, because of the ongoing wars.

In former Patches, Burgundy used to be quite strong, sometimes too strong, conquering big parts of Germany in France.
But now, it is not even capable to gain its historical territory in the Netherlands or even hold today´s Belgium ...

I´ve already changed the badboy value of Burgundy to 0, but it did not really help.

Any comments of you concerning some more changes to restore Burgundy in some way to pre-1.05 status are greatly appreciated!

PaKo

Edit: Whoops, this thread should move into the General Discussions. My fault. Mods, please move my thread to General Disussions. Thanx!!

I had no problem playing as Burgundy in 1.05. Off course the beginning was viscious, But I managed conquer all of my foes. I own all of France and the Netherlands, except Brabant and Luxemburg.

Originally posted by Knut Bloodaxe
I had no problem playing as Burgundy in 1.05. Off course the beginning was viscious, But I managed conquer all of my foes. I own all of France and the Netherlands, except Brabant and Luxemburg.

A human player can achieve anything with almost any nation.
I think the problem is that AI Burgundy is picked to pieces within the first 20 years...
I don't know if it is too weak or too happy to go to war.:)

i posted on this probloem myself when the half patch came out <the early release of the australian version> even with the correct patch i see burgundy get taken apart too easy and as result france get too strong too fast and the german states gain too much land from burgundy..i edited the badboy out, restored their treasury to 400 gold to start...without huge armies starting they often dont get enough troops built to hurt france before england gets the peace they want...and they lose lots of troops early on so they rarely can go warmongering unless a player runs them...lowered their agrression ai as well

I play with a completely different Burgundy with my GC. I made Burgundy a French Minor CB wise, with the addition of Franche-Compte and Flanders, which they earned independantly. In my GC Holland exists till 1433 when Burgundy inherits them. I also gave Burgundy a beefy army and their money back, and they start controlling Picardie and Ille-de-France. This better simulates their starting position as an ambitious french minor in 1419, not the pseudo-empire they are in the normal GC...

I also made 2 events to ensure Prussia's existence, no matter WHAT happens :p

Last edited: