• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(703)

Colonel
Jan 14, 2001
www.bmolsson.com
Was trying to figure out if there actually is a development on the pricing of commodities.
Let's say that you play Russia and you get a HUGE amount of 'fur' provinces. How will this actually change the market price and is there any indication if I actually should get more of this provinces or if I get more I actually just lower the market value......

It would be interesting to know any other points in how you can determine which province is the most 'profitable' to upgrade....... Or even to colonize.... BEFORE you spend the money.....

lalala

interesting question...

the manual only says that building manufactories, shipyards,....raises the prices of certain goods. but there´s no hint on lowering prices. the manual sucks.

Originally posted by bmolsson
Was trying to figure out if there actually is a development on the pricing of commodities.
Let's say that you play Russia and you get a HUGE amount of 'fur' provinces. How will this actually change the market price and is there any indication if I actually should get more of this provinces or if I get more I actually just lower the market value......

It would be interesting to know any other points in how you can determine which province is the most 'profitable' to upgrade....... Or even to colonize.... BEFORE you spend the money.....

Actually I would need some 5-6 A4 pages to explain the fully trade mechanism. And you would not be able to use it more that you can to day with what can be found in the Manual and the In-Game texts.

Basic: The price setting is done globally. Thus you don't change anything by taking any provinces. As the manual states it every the Trade Value of each province belongs to a CoT, thus it does not matter much if Kola belongs to Sweden or Russia (If the newly acquired province's belonging doesn't change to a different CoT of course :) which is decided by some 8 variables as religion, alliances etc). Price is set by Demand and Supply. It is stated both in the Manual and In-Game. Supply is the sum of the Trade Values of all provinces producing the intended commodity. The exact values can be find by clicking on the commodity picture in a province. The number of produced goods will raise as population increases and demand as for each commodity as described in the Manual and the In-Game text for the commodities.

Ex. Slaves = SUPPLY increases when the Trade Values of all Slave producing provinces increases. DEMAND increases with the increased Trade Values of the provinces in the world producing Cotton, Sugar, and Tobacco (Both Supply and Demand is set globally)

Q: But, is it not very cumbersome to count all the Trade Values for everything every month to get the correct pricesetting every month?

A: Yes, it is. But it is up to you. :)

Q: But, it sucks that I cannot know this easily!

A: Yeah? Probably what the Kings of Europe said too. :)

/Greven

Re: lalala

Originally posted by weird god
interesting question...

the manual only says that building manufactories, shipyards,....raises the prices of certain goods. but there´s no hint on lowering prices. the manual sucks.

What???:( Have you read the downloadable addendum (Paradox site) ? Or are you refering to the German Version (it lacks a third of the content of the REAL Manual).

/Greven

Basics :

Province with Ivory, Chinaware, Spices : go Go GO ! ! !

Province with grain : well, if it is on the path or has a strategic value, go for it... Otherwise wait till you have spare money to spend.