• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

St. Leo

Major
77 Badges
Jun 4, 2001
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Majesty 2
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36926

The OE could use a few positive events. I am not intimately familiar with their subjugation of the Mamelukes, but having them inherit the Mamelukes (and the Hedjaz?) at the historic conquest date would be wonderful. If Holland gets Brabant and Gelre for free, then why shouldn't the Ottomans get a few puny states as well?:D

Well, what if someone wanted to play as the Mamelukes and suddenly an event pops up saying the Mamelukes have been inherited by the Ottomans, and are no more?

The Mamelukes weren't inherited anyway... they were conquered. I would agree to events that help them conquer them, but they shouldn't inherit them without a fight.

The events posted here, especially Solmyr's defection events, have been very nearly successful in getting the Ottomans to perform historically in my GCs. The main problem is that the Ottomans rarely declare war on the Mameluks, as opposed to the Anatolian and Balkan nations - while all of these are on the Ottoman conquer-preference list, the Anatolian and Balkan nations tend to ally with one another, and there's more of them. (A lot more.) When the Ottomans do end up in a war with the Mameluks in the right time period, the defection events do their job quite well.

I've added an event for my current GC, reproduced below, that forces the AI Ottomans into a war; it's worked well this run-through. I'm fairly ignorant of the historical conditions; thus my not-so-good text. :)
Code:
event = {
        id = 1701524
        trigger ={
                atwar = no
                exists = MAM
        }
        random = no
        country = TUR
        name = "War with the Mamelukes?"
        desc = "The AI needs prodding."
        style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1505 }
        offset = 90
        deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1600 }

action_a ={
                name = "Yes"
                command = { type = war which = MAM }
                command = { type = stability value = 1 }
        }
        action_b ={
                name = "No"
                command = { type = stability value = -1 }
        }
}

Originally posted by Korath
The events posted here, especially Solmyr's defection events, have been very nearly successful in getting the Ottomans to perform historically in my GCs. The main problem is that the Ottomans rarely declare war on the Mameluks, as opposed to the Anatolian and Balkan nations - while all of these are on the Ottoman conquer-preference list, the Anatolian and Balkan nations tend to ally with one another, and there's more of them. (A lot more.) When the Ottomans do end up in a war with the Mameluks in the right time period, the defection events do their job quite well.

I've added an event for my current GC, reproduced below, that forces the AI Ottomans into a war; it's worked well this run-through. I'm fairly ignorant of the historical conditions; thus my not-so-good text. :)
Code:
event = {
        id = 1701524
        trigger ={
                atwar = no
                exists = MAM
        }
        random = no
        country = TUR
        name = "War with the Mamelukes?"
        desc = "The AI needs prodding."
        style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1505 }
        offset = 90
        deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1600 }

action_a ={
                name = "Yes"
                command = { type = war which = MAM }
        }
        action_b ={
                name = "No"
                command = { type = stability value = -1 }
        }
}

I'm glad to see it gives a player the option to refuse. But should the player get -1 stability for not going to war? Usually you get the stability hit for going to war, not for not going to war.

Gentlemen this is brilliant!

If you put in a series of prods, followed three months later with stability rises for continuing the war, then the Ottomans can actually do rather better than seems to be the case at the moment in EU2.

Of course, if you could find some way of reducing BB, that would take care of the problem of them subsequently getting squashed.

Oh well. In any event, I should be more than happy to assist in creating new events. How many do you want? How frequently? Where can I find the existing list?

Originally posted by Emre Yigit
Oh well. In any event, I should be more than happy to assist in creating new events. How many do you want? How frequently? Where can I find the existing list?

How much do I want? Infinite:D

Originally posted by Crook

Look in eep_turkey (or whatever it's called), I added and modified some of the events, look through them and see if you'd like to add more.

Can you give a link?

Oops.:D I thought you were talking about a thread.

I thought an event about Turkey that I would like to share. It has to do with the ottoman empire cultures and Sulleiman the magnificent. Up until that point christians were accepted into the army and while they were not numerous they certainly helped maintain order in their lands. Under Sulleiman a steady but long change happened and christians were expulsed from the army.

So there could be an event where Turkey loses Greek and Slavonic cultures due to the destruction of christian nobles (this would also mean less unhistorical conversions in the Balkans) and gains some "muslim cultures" like Kurdish or Berber. If they refuse to lose the cultures (Action B) they would gain some innovativeness bonus, bonus manpower in the Balkans and big revoltrisk in Asia minor. I believe that by 1600 that this event would kick the Othomans would be quite large to effectively hinder them. Now if only someone could help me code it:(

Originally posted by idomeneas
I thought an event about Turkey that I would like to share. It has to do with the ottoman empire cultures and Sulleiman the magnificent. Up until that point christians were accepted into the army and while they were not numerous they certainly helped maintain order in their lands. Under Sulleiman a steady but long change happened and christians were expulsed from the army.

So there could be an event where Turkey loses Greek and Slavonic cultures due to the destruction of christian nobles (this would also mean less unhistorical conversions in the Balkans) and gains some "muslim cultures" like Kurdish or Berber. If they refuse to lose the cultures (Action B) they would gain some innovativeness bonus, bonus manpower in the Balkans and big revoltrisk in Asia minor. I believe that by 1600 that this event would kick the Othomans would be quite large to effectively hinder them. Now if only someone could help me code it:(

Ottomans occasionally took boys from Christian families and converted them to Islam and put them in the army. Some of these former Christians rose to greart positions of power. Destruction of Christian nobles? Ottoman Europe, Rumelia, was helped governed by Greek officials. They held many privileges and power in Rumelia. Principalities of Moldavia and Wallachia were Christian vassals to Ottoman sultans. The Ottomans treated their Christian subjects fairly well. Many preferred their rule to former Venetian and Frankish masters.

Philip don't confuse what happened initially with what happened after 150 years. The picture you describe comes from early turkish expansion. After they settles the started setling down. If you don't know there were christian spachs (not sure about orthography). They ceased to exist after Suleimans rule.

So there could be an event where Turkey loses Greek and Slavonic cultures due to the destruction of christian nobles (this would also mean less unhistorical conversions in the Balkans) and gains some "muslim cultures" like Kurdish or Berber. If they refuse to lose the cultures (Action B) they would gain some innovativeness bonus, bonus manpower in the Balkans and big revoltrisk in Asia minor. I believe that by 1600 that this event would kick the Othomans would be quite large to effectively hinder them. Now if only someone could help me code it

Well, Ottomans didn't experience significant religious problems until the Russian expansion in late 1700s. So, I personally think, Ottomans are handicapped enough in the game already - there is no need to weaken them even more.

I believe the Ottomans need some events conserning Crimea.

event = {
id = 123456789
trigger ={
exists = CRI
}
random = no
country = TUR
name = "Our Crimean Brothers"
desc = "The Crimean Khanate joined the Ottoman Empire in
1475. The Crimean Tatars are closely related to the
Turks of Turkey. They were loyal vassals of the
Empire for 300 years. The Ottomans ruled directly
only in the ports along the southern Crimean coast. "

style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1470 }
deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1477 }

action_a ={
name = "Accept the Crimean Khanate as our vassal"
command = { type = vassal which = CRI }
command = { type = stability value = 2 }
command = { type = relation which = CRI value = 300 }
command = { type = addcore which = 464 } #Kaffa
command = { type = addcore which = 465 } #Kerch
command = { type = trigger which = XXXX }#Event where Crimea scedes Kaffa and Kerch if they own them#
}
action_b ={
name = "Rule them directly"
command = { type = stability value = -3 }
command = { type = addcore which = 464 } #Kaffa
command = { type = addcore which = 465 } #Kerch
command = { type = addcore which = 466 } #Azow
command = { type = addcore which = 463 }#Crimea
command = { type = inherit which = CRI }
command = { type = provinceculture which = 466 value = turkish } #Azow
command = { type = provinceculture which = 463 value = turkish } #Crimea
command = { type = revolt which = 464}
command = { type = revolt which = 465}
command = { type = revolt which = 466}
command = { type = revolt which = 463}
}

action_c ={
name = "Keep the status quo"

}

I decided to change the cultures of Azow and Crimea to Turkish since Turks and the Crimeas were pretty close ethnically. The alternative is that the Ottomans gain the Mongol culture.

I still don't believe that Genoa still had land in Crimea after Tamerlane personally leveled their forts at Kaffa, but regardless there needs to be some event where Kaffa and Kerch go to Crimea. Perhaps some increased revolt risk for Genoa, but then there is a great chance that the lands will go to Georgia instead of Crimea which wasn't likely as Georgia didn't border Kerch, and was intensely divided at the time. The best solution would be an event where Genoa scedes the two provinces to a country of their choice upon the fall of the Byzantium to the Turks. Possible choices would be: (these are all just ideas) Crimea, Ottoman Empire, Poland-Lithuania, or Venice.

<i>(these are all just ideas) Crimea, Ottoman Empire, Poland-Lithuania, or Venice.</i>

I don't think Venice is realistic since it can't support Kaffa and Kerch any better than Genoa can. Oh, and the event should check for the existence of Crimea as well as the fall of Constantinople.:)