• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ppga

First Lieutenant
64 Badges
Jul 15, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
I am having a hard time doing inland colonies in North America. Specifically, in a particular part of NA I cannot colonize at all, despite having both a port city (a core even) and an inland city beside the province. And the one inland province I got took 801 day to colonize each time.

I have read that abnormally large path times to inland colonies can be fixed by deleting the map cache directory. This has not been able to help my problem, at least in this section of North America. Each time I did that the path remained 801 days, and the province that is right beside both my port and inland city says that it is too far from the nearest unblockaded port, which for some reason it has decided is Finland, a recent acquisition and by no means the nearest port. I made sure to do the map cache delete on a save where none of my ports were blockaded.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

ppga said:
And the one inland province I got took 801 day to colonize each time.

801 days for the first colonist and then sensible times afterward, or 801 days every single time?

ARE your ports blockaded? I know this is stupid and you would of told us, but just making sure. I am not sure how else to help you, I have seen a forum on the same topic, so hopefully it has been fixed.

I had a problem like this in vanilla 1.3. When I got a new province at the east coast, all the paths to the north of North America where calculated from that province. Every inland province except the ones adjacent to my new province took 801 days. Deleting the cache didn't work. I solved the problem by colonizing all the provinces between my newly acquired colony and my old ones. The paths then corrected themselves.

I would look for an inland province with normal colonization time and try to make a connection to your other colonies.

Nope, no blockaded ports either at the time I was sending them or when I deleted the map cache. One province was 801 days every time, I can't even the province beside it.