• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(175)

Captain
May 23, 2000
Visit site
1.Sapura and Greven, is this going to be Grand Campaign, or a Scenario, if so wich one?

2.And, will both of you be makings your own AAR's of the game, or will just one of you, or will you combine them?

3.Where do both you guys live, in Europe?

4.When will the game be taking place?

5.When can we expect to read the AAR(s)?

6.What countries do you plan on playing?

7.Do you plan on making an alliance with each other or trying to crush each other?

8.Are the answer's to all my questions true or are they your educated guesses?

quote from Sapura from his cool website:

Look soon for a multiplayer aar (the first one ever) soon. Players will be me and Greven.

Sapura and Greven, is this going to be Grand Campaign, or a Scenario, if so wich one?

I dunno.

3.Where do both you guys live, in Europe?

Me = Australia. Greven = Sweden.

When will the game be taking place?

Who knows..

Thanks for the quote, but rather busy cleaning out the bugs in 1 player mode at the moment. If we do play, it'll be soon-ish.

Sapura

Originally posted by APKicks on 06-20-2000 07:18 PM
'if'?
------------------

Much has happened since Sap and I discussed creating a multiplayer AAR.

We are both very busy with polishing the game and I have other works at side. I steal time from it just to check the fora from time to time.

If we get time we will most probably play it, then if we have time we will write it.
The question is... will this be before or after the game is released ?

Remember Q4 2000 ;)

/Greven

[This message has been edited by Greven (edited 20-06-2000).]

I would like to let Paradox know, if they would let me and another person near my area (south dakota) have the beta i would most hapilly engage in a multiplayer game, and would do my best attempt to make an AAR (typing errors and all).

Oh how did i bring that up, i am lucky i did not mention how i was in the Awakening Project Pre-Alpha testing..otherwise this would sound like a lame attempt to get into testing...

You do understand that there are other beta testers out there playing EU at the moment?
They just haven't bothered to write any AAR's about it as yet.

Sapura

He, if you need someone to test multiplayer, I have plenty of time. I have a foot disorder wich will keep my tied to my home for weeks to come , if not more. :(

Of course, that gives me plenty of time to play, or playtest :)

The Dutch Guy

ApKicks and others.

While you wait for EU you could buy Combat Mission from www.battlefront.com or Shogun which should be another good historical wargame. Those EA bastards still havent released Shogun here :(.

What I'm trying to say that at this very moment there's more killer strategy games out than in 1-2 years.

Marcus

Comment on Shogun.....the tactical combat is alot of fun, though there are times when the computer doesn't think to clearly on how to do things. The one beef I have about Shogun is the the diplomatic activity stinks. Example......I sign an agreement with the Oda Clan, attack a neutral that borders both of us, they attack me! One turn is all that peace lasted and all I did was attack a nuetral! Atcually there is one other problem too, I think the computer cheats but I am not possitive yet. The AI builds up troops a lot faster than I seem to be able too.

Shogun wouldnt fit on my harddrive, i can only fit 1 or 2 games on it...

any of you play 'artifact' by Samy games, this game is confusing (and free, although if you choose to play you can do a few more things..), but is suppose to be very deep

The Shogun AI does cheat - don't know if it gets more ressources, but it is able to see the player's moves.

This is pretty bad, since all moves are resolved simultaneously - so the computer can always (and almost always does) send in troops to reinforce areas you attack, and attacks provinces that are less well-defended. I've heard claims (supposedly from the developers/producers) that this is a bug, but I personally believe this is on purpose - the computer very rarely attacks you with crushing superiority even when it can, and very rarely goes to the defence of a province with crushing superiority either (even though the men are available in neighbouring provinces). So it's not even very effective.

It's also wildly unbalanced - the AI happily kills itself off (once the last heir dies, the faction dissappears) and once legendary geishas (super-assassins) appear, the game is practically ended if you use them, since they can kill off the enemy daimyos very easily.

Point being - the strategic game is merely a shell for the tactical game - almost blatantly so (I suspect it cheats the way it does to provide the player with 'interesting' battles).

The tactical combat is a lot of fun (and with gorgeous graphics), though it is relatively easy to beat even 2-1 odds as long as you've got a combined arms army. It also cheats in the tactical combat, but not too much.

Is that so? How sad. I really hoped that Shogun would be a kind of an improved 'Nobunaga's Ambition 2'( which was a very good game). These damned bigshot developers can't give us a good game anymore. I think that Johan and his crew are doing better job than many others. If only they could improve some things...

Don't get me wrong - Shogun is not a bad game - it's just not as good as all the hype makes out. Read the Games Domain Review of the game - and (especially) the Second Opinion - they're pretty on the mark, IMO.

Anyway - enough off-topic discussion. Any chance we'll have that Multiplayer AAR in the near future? :)