• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blofeld

Corporal
70 Badges
Nov 15, 2001
Visit site
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
EU2 was released in Poland by CD Projekt today. The release was supposed to be delayed until Friday, but they fortunately overcame their problems.

I bought it at EMPIK , Marszalkowska St., Warsaw . The box colours are a little bizarre, but it's content is much more important IMHO.
The game version is 1.01 , translation is good , much better than abysmal EU1 translation - it seems that CD Projekt is the only publisher in Poland capable of making a professional game translation.

I spent some 15 minutes trying to decide which nation to play in GC :) then played Ottomans for some 15-20 years. Game doesn't run as slow as I expected from alarmic posts on my Celeron 366 with 128 MB RAM , stability is also OK - no crashes insofar.

So Paradox , remember that your game has been published not only in NA and post 1.02 patch to CD Projekt ASAP , please.

Returning to play

It costs 99 PLN in retail and perhaps some 5 to 10 PLN cheaper in on-line stores.

MAN I CAN'T WAIT TIL THEY DELIVER MY COPY!!!
Co prawda u¿ywam ju¿ gry od dwóch dni (he,he) :D

Originally posted by Mamut
It costs 99 PLN in retail and perhaps some 5 to 10 PLN cheaper in on-line stores.

MAN I CAN'T WAIT TIL THEY DELIVER MY COPY!!!
Co prawda u¿ywam ju¿ gry od dwóch dni (he,he) :D

Ja jestem dumny z siebie jak cholera ¿e nie kupi³em na stadionie ... a diabe³ kusi³ :)

CD Projekt has partialy corrected and translated provinces' , leaders', and monarchs' names. It 's particulary nice in respect to Polish provinces - they are called Wielkopolska, Kujawy, Pomorze Gdañskie and so on not some stupid Kustrin or Posen. They've included original province and monarch files for MP compatibility as well.

Wooo-hooo
2jumping.gif

So, they included original files?Nice..., now, time to go to Empik tomorrow morning:D

Originally posted by Martinus
Guys, what memory do you have in your PCs? It works like slow hell on mine good ol' 64 MB - looks like a time to finally upgrade this :(

64mb is the bare minimum. It will run. But it will be slow. There is a thread on the support forum on how to increase speed for your game (one the recommendation is to buy more ram ;) )

Originally posted by Juba

How much is a PLN in Euros?

1 Euro is roughly 3,80 PLN IIRC

BTW I got the polish version and all is not that well. The Map compared to the american one looks horrible in 800x600 (forgot to change settings, I usually play in higher res.). The political borders in Greece and South Balkans are defiantely not on the privnce borders and the biggest goof up of them all:

ACCORDING TO OUR BELOVED PUBLISHER SWITZERLAND IS ONE PROVINCE CALLED BERN, or 2 porinves called BE and RN, there is not even a province border in between them. I've to say that the american version, once again was way much better than the Polish one.

www.cdprojekt.pl

Europa Universalis II PL - tym razem profesjonalnie!
Mimo ¿e Europa Universalis II jest w sprzeda¿y dopiero od dwóch dni, w Internecie pojawi³y siê ju¿ pierwsze komentarze na temat polskiej wersji tej gry. Swoj¹ opiniê wyg³osili m.in. na oficjalnym forum EU firmy Paradox gracze z Polski! Jak wynika z wypowiedzi polskich fanów EUII, firma CD Projekt stanê³a na wysokoœci zadania, ca³kowicie deklasuj¹c jakoœci¹ lokalizacji pierwsz¹ czêœæ Europy Universalis! Gracze chwal¹ pozbawione b³êdów merytorycznych t³umaczenie wszystkich elementów gry oraz wyj¹tkow¹ stabilnoœæ finalnej wersji. Przypomnijmy - Europa Universalis 2 PL znajduje siê w sklepach od œrody. Gra zapakowana w pokryte metaliczn¹ foli¹ tekturowe pude³ko wraz z bonusowym gad¿etem (ekskluzywnym reprintem XVI-wiecznej mapy) kosztuje 99,90 PLN.

BWAHAHAHAHA

:D :D :D

Next time I'll think twice before posting anything !!!
Especially after playing ca. 1 hour.
Second thoughts on Polish release - yup , some map flaws in 2 or 3 places , are they in NA release ,too? Still, Polish provinces' names look nice.
Translation - generally historically correct , no striking errors from EU1 - remember Stany Papieskie or Rada Trentu? Some spelling errors and inconsistent vocabulary in game engine - it's translation is worse.
Anyway , how many computer games well translated into Polish have you seen? Except for high-budget surefires like Baldur's Gate?

let's not be so harsh! compared to CODA it's probably tons better, CODA sucked! GRRR! And you CAN use the english files so I don't see no problem...

Originally posted by Jools
let's not be so harsh! compared to CODA it's probably tons better, CODA sucked! GRRR! And you CAN use the english files so I don't see no problem...

Ye but you CAN'T use the ebglish MAP! And that's the reason we're complaining, the map in Poland is awful.

Originally posted by Maur13
Are you sure we can't use english map? Did you tried copying the files from the "previous copy";)?

Well Maur I've already got rid of that copy from my system cause it was borrowed.

CODE MESSAGE FOR FELLOW POLISH COLLABORANTS:
Jestem uczciwy (akurat :D) i ju¿ nielegalnej wersji nie mam :)