• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These AARs are great, and I really appreciate the beta testers' efforts in sharing their experiences with us. But I wonder if I'll still be as enthusiastic about this game THREE months from now when I actually get a chance to play. By the time we get a chance to play the game, we may very well have seen at least one AAR for every country worth playing in EU. Frankly, I think it will take some of the fun out of exploring strategies of my own if I've already watched the game being played 20 or 30 times before I buy it.

Ah well, I guess there's no sense in complaining. Bring on those AARs. I'm hooked.

Originally posted by Devin on 06-12-2000 09:10 PM
These AARs are great, and I really appreciate the beta testers' efforts in sharing their experiences with us. But I wonder if I'll still be as enthusiastic about this game THREE months from now when I actually get a chance to play. By the time we get a chance to play the game, we may very well have seen at least one AAR for every country worth playing in EU. Frankly, I think it will take some of the fun out of exploring strategies of my own if I've already watched the game being played 20 or 30 times before I buy it.

Ah well, I guess there's no sense in complaining. Bring on those AARs. I'm hooked.
---------------------------------
After a few games with one and the same country you will probably feel differently. Rarely two games evolves in the same direction. There is always something new strategy to try out and some irritating neighbour to stab your back. Playing on the highest difficult level is now like a crossing between a bar brawl and a 'stab-your-ally' game of Diplomacy.

/Greven

[This message has been edited by Greven (edited 13-06-2000).]

Oh, the Austrian AAR which is in my mailbox somewhere :)

/Johan - Champione! Champione!

LOL ..

btw, Sapura! Is there a part 11? Which Austrian AAR?

I think Johan just gave you your answer :)

Oh, the Austrian AAR which is in my mailbox somewhere

/Johan - Champione! Champione!

Ahh Johan, send me a screenshot of your mailbox, it's probably bigger than billgates@microsoft.com.

Just make sure you have all parts 1-7 :)

APKicks,

Umm, no there isn't . . .

APKicks is a twat/**** /git.
Or whatever Yanks actually understand themselves to be today.

FACT no1.

Yanks think their really big when it comes to films!

But consinder this.

1 They cant spell!
2 They have no sense of history
3 They enjoy watching adverts (best thing on US TV)
4 They think that they saved Britainb in WW2 (watch Saving Private Rayan where they Dis Monty and U(putin any No you fancy) to see this for fact.
5 The Usa are trying to monopolise this planet and should be destroyed. Sod the USSR, They are the ne enemy.

Controversial I think. What do you think?

Storm.

[This message has been edited by Balders (edited 16-06-2000).]

If you want to bash americans go to alt.nuke.the.usa or somewhere else. Do NOT post here.

We do not care and want to read about anyones misguided nationalistic comment here.

This is a forum for discussion about a game.

/Johan

ps. yeah, and dont flame ApKicks like that, he's a nice kid.

AP Kicks,

Can't you explain this 'social engineering' of AC ?

I haven't played. And 'social engineering' sounds very interesting to me. :) :)

/Greven

[This message has been edited by Greven (edited 17-06-2000).]

Greve,

The Social Engineering of Alpha Centauri is just an 'advanced' form of the government changes of Civilization. So you get to choose trade models (e.g. free market), type of state (e.g., police state), and some other types. It's a long time since I played AC - can't remember them all.

I don't think it would fit in to EU, though it seems as if there is something a bit like it in the religious tolerance/religion choices, etc.

Regards,

Michael A.

Originally posted by strategy on 06-17-2000 08:45 PM
Greve,

The Social Engineering of Alpha Centauri is just an 'advanced' form of the government changes of Civilization. So you get to choose trade models (e.g. free market), type of state (e.g., police state), and some other types. It's a long time since I played AC - can't remember them all.

I don't think it would fit in to EU, though it seems as if there is something a bit like it in the religious tolerance/religion choices, etc.

Regards,

Michael A.
-----------------------------

Okey then I understand ! :)

Thanks Michael !!!

/Greven

Originally posted by Johan on 06-16-2000 09:23 AM
If you want to bash americans go to alt.nuke.the.usa or somewhere else. Do NOT post here.

Even better.

1. Buy a copy of EU.
2. Play the 1492 campaign game.
3. Wait for the USA to revolt and declare independance.
4. Send in the marines / cavalry / Imperial Guard and kick the &*%$#!!! out of them.
5. The same goes for any other country you don't like.

I'm waiting for the Republic of Western Australia to be declared in a Campaign Game and then I'm going to go hunting for Sapura :)

/Graham