• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(6514)

Recruit
Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
I have just started playing EU2 and am trying to learn the game. One area that I don't understand is the money you gain from a peace agreement. In my particular case, I have occupied a single province country and sieged it's city. When I offer peace, I have 100% advantage. I select vassalization and as much money as I can get bringing it up to 100%. The country accepts, but the amount of money I receive is a fraction of what was agreed upon. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Greg

They can't give you more than they have (and they won't demand more than you have, unless you go ahead and spend after the offer appears).

It'd be nice if you had some idea how much you'd be getting, but it's really hit-or-miss.

The best option might be to wait for them to offer cash. If you're at 100%, they'll typically offer everything. Then decide if that's enough.

- Raife

Secondly, any money you recieve in a peace agreement will be split among you and your allies. That may sound unfair, but the reverse is true as well; if one of your allies makes peace for money, you will get a cut.