• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 15, 2001
Visit site
Hi all,

short question:

Are random events really random? Reason for asking is that I saw hints for a relation to in game processs. Example:

Third attempt to get Poland-Lithuania to fly in GC(Computer aggressive). Decided to proceed in war/economy phases. Worked fine - 4 new provinces early on, restauration and development afterwards. Currently 1535, standing army of 300.000 man, yearly tax income around 270d increasing, 2 COTs, fortesses lvl. 2 nearly everywhere, alliances with Austria, Hungary, Saxonia. Stability 3, no revolt risk with the exception of 2 of the acquired provinces (Memel, West Pommerania).

And then the random (???) event "civil war", costing me nearly half of my provinces (including the one with the highest pop) and - worse - armies with 150.000 men including one high ranked leader.

So - are the random events really random? Or does - for example - a too high number of men in a standing army trigger the event?

Regards

Thorsten

Just your bad luck, that's all

IIRC, some events are 'hardcoded' in EU, like the time of troubles in Russia and a civil war event in France, but I'm not sure on that. Are you playing the IGC?

Poland didn't have any time of troubles back then iirc.

Even if things are hardcoded, cossack uprising should be around 1650 or so.