• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks a bit 'shareware-ish' especially in the graphics and ms-windows grey gui style.

But as Sapura states, does the world really need another turn-based (Napoleonic) boardgame implemented on computer?

The best thing about EU is that it is real-time. I didn't like it at first, but it is the only way to go.

This is the closest we have come to Empires At Arms. Sign me up ASAP :).

Sapura, this is a grand strategy game not tactical. AFAIK there's only been one failed attempt so far. It's probably worth taking a look at in the worst case.

Now if someone could do Pax Brittanica :)

Marcus

Yeah Marcus I had a read through the web site. Seems they've put a lot of effort into this game, and I'm not flaming the actual design / effort put in the game. The context of the game is just dull as dish water to me.

It wouldn't matter of the Grand Dutchy of Warsaw was a playable 'country' in the game or not, either ;)

Sapura

The follow-on game to Shogun:Total War is supposed to be a Roman Empire-based game per the developers. There's been quite a bit of discussion about it at totalwar.org, but so far we really know nothing other than it will be based on a modification of the STW engine.

Whatever, I vote for Pax Brittanica or Rome conquors the european/asia/NAfrica world.

I am rather cautious towards this game. I remember an earlier game by the same guy about the Civil War. It had rather poor graphics, AI, and strategic awareness. Plus it was slow, slow, slow.

Maybe he'll get it right this time.

My friends, all of you, I have played few computer Napoleonic games. Most of those I have played have been tactical or operational at best....
As a Grand strategy player I hope this could be more of a strategical game like 'War and Peace (Avalon Hill)'.

/Greven

(No more tactical or operational Napoleonic games.... please)

[This message has been edited by Greven (edited 13-07-2000).]

heh..it was too Spaura's first reaction in the thread that my deja Vu post should have gone.

We talked about this game earlier. I will think i love it. Frank Hunter is good game designer, and it looks like that this will be vlosest thing we ever wiill have to computer empire in arms.

And it has ben said: There is no strategical Napoleonic game! So i am looking forward to it!

As for other games..I would love to see Pax Brittanica for the PC!!!!!!!!!!

Any strategic level game wil interest me though :)

Marc, the Dutch Guy