• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Things are proceeding nicely, and I see starting to lay further foundations for what sounds like Black Sea state. interesting.

Wonderful chapter, once again.
Why thank you :)
Things are proceeding nicely, and I see starting to lay further foundations for what sounds like Black Sea state. interesting.
Well no one else is using it, ignores every other state along its coast, no one that matters.
I like the idea of making the Black Sea a Galatian lake.

This chapter more so than most felt like fragments of information found after the fact, perhaps centuries later. Very informative post.
Thank you, it isn't a fully fleshed formula for giving that effect. With persistence I should get it to be that way most of the time.
Kinda sounds like you're considering a culture change, maybe even a custom melting pot?
Hmmm. . . custom melting pot didn't work in the Elder Kings AAR I did, maybe it will here. I'm more considering that eventually a natural culture conversion will occur. If it doesn't start happening in a few centuries then yes; I will craft a melting pot culture.

Edit: If that happens I'll probably look up various celtic words for Storm and Weaver in current celtic languages and bastardize them together for the culture name because you suggested it. Don't be surprised, I tend to do little nods like that to my audience. Last AAR I named one of my emperor's sons after an audience member [Keiper King of Valenwood].

Last edited:
Rome, as soon as the revolt is over, seems to be still a force to be reconed with.

Rome, as soon as the revolt is over, seems to be still a force to be reconed with.
Yes, which is why the Tolistibogii are pressing away from Rome. Fighting them is not an easy task even when they are being divisive.

Aneroestos part 3
NQZOkg3.png

Aneroestos part 3

19 June 538
My Liege,
A revolt has sprung up within the Eastern Roman Empire. The revolt is to claim the Kingdom of Asia from Basileus Kodisa. His forces number only 5,000, due to his failed war against Persia to defend Osrhoene, and his successful defense of Moesia Superior from Annonaria. My late husband, your nephew Count Basileios, had spoken well of his free kin. I ask for you to free us as well. Let my daughter grow up under the eyes of another Tolistobogii.
—Ioulia Phokas, Regent of Herakleia

The war for Herakleia was extremely short lived. The full 7,000 strong force of Galatians were routed at Bithynium in October 538. King Aneroestos had not expected the Eastern Roman Empire to triple their numbers to a staggering 12,000, nor focus on his forces rather than the more dangerous revolt to the south. And estimated 3,300 Galatians died to 1,000 Eastern Roman troops. Seeing his opportunity as a complete failure, King Aneroestos surrendered by paying heavy war reparations that hindered his plans to later expand into the Caucasus.

”Look at them run. These are the ones that so embarrassed our empire by seceding? Perhaps we should ignore their sue for peace and continue our march east?”—Roman Commander, 538

x1iAMda.jpg
*A grand feast takes place within the increasingly fortified villa of Mikossos. Many characters from the Galatian kingdom are there enjoying the end of the year to new year celebrations. Here nobles both relax and plot together. King Aneorestos sits beside his wife Countess Klara of Paphlagonia.

Aneorestos: “A private toast to the fairest of women?”

Klara: “A public eye roll to the boldest of men?”

Aneorestos: “I act with such foolishness in order to regain our affections. We had grown far apart due to stations and duties.”

Klara: “I recall the love lost coming from you; how silly I must have seemed waiting for months that my husband bed me.”

Aneorestos: “The work in Iberia was important–“

Klara: “–yet not pertinent to our love life. Your agents may scurry around the realms afar and within, leave yourself nearby for my own realmly needs.”

Aneorestos: “How oft must I apologize for my mistakes with you?”

Klara: “When the seventh trumpet blows. Still, you are within my good graces once more. Keep it thus and maintain. Love is like one of your armies, messy, tough, expensive, needy, and requires discipline to keep in prime condition.”

Aneorestos: “Perhaps we should practice that discipline later? I am hardly pleased with only having given you three sons; moreover, I know you crave a daughter.”

Klara: “It is you who craves a daughter, a little me would be quite beautiful though.”

Aneorestos: “More equal parts wondrous and terrifying as the larger version is.”

Klara: “Yes I am quite aweing. Now wait my handsome fool, soon the singers shall lull us. I do wonder if it will be a song of lament for their homeland of Gaul, words of their shared love, or vulgarity to make Herodotus blush should he overhear in limbo.”

kq9uQzF.jpg
*Ariovistus and Caecilia of Biroude bow in front of the gathered guests. Caecillia plays the cithara [a heavier lyre], and Ariovistus the lute [small three-stringed instrument (forerunner of the guitar)].

Ariovistus:
“I wish to compose,
“Not for the nobles,
“I do it for the servants,
“Who are ever the fervents,
“Working for a blowhard,
“And every little dullard,”

Caecillia: “Every little one, all along the sun, of desert grassland of broken dreams, in a home of shattered beams of fun all alone.”

Ariovistus:
“What in the world do we see,
“None whom pay a proper fee,
“Out in the west its all the same,
“Barbarians and Romans seeking fame,
“Dressing in their best clothes,
“Stomping on all our toes,”

Caesillia: “Broken and bleeding, we’re always screaming stop with violence but we cry for beheadings, what hath it come to, leave us to grazing in the desert grassland of broken dreams.”

Ariovistus:
“Every cleric is torrid,
“Every merchant is florid,
“Every servent is corded,
“Every noble is horrid.”

Caseillia: “But we’ll always be the back of a broken beast of burden crying for release.”

Ariovistus: “Thus ends another song of servants. Wondering what to do.”

Caseillia: “Wondering what to do.”

Ariovistus: “And if we’ll see the twilight dawn.”

LgaA2IM.jpg
*Prince Leonnorios sits next to his father Aneorestos. Klara sinks in her seat.
Leonnorios: “Father. . .other. Father I was wondering if we could discuss the matter of our new neighbors in the east.”

Klara: “I’ll go socialize elsewhere Aneorestos.”

*Klara leaves as Leonnorios glares at her.
Aneorestos: “I don’t expect you to like her, but you’ll behave more civil around the woman I love.”

Leonnorios: “It’s because of that woman mother was so de-“ *sighs* “Let us leave that lecture for now. We should speak of Armenia.”

Aneorestos: “Must we? Why not Abaza or Guira, or the last vestiges of Iberia’s hold on the Black Sea.”

*Aneorestos motions for Marshal Mouses Moussid and Duke Bogdiataros to join.
Mouses: “My liege, prince.”

Bodgiataros: “Grand evening my lords.”

Aneorestos: “Leonnorios was just asking about Armenia, as marshal and farima-soura of the realm, I presumed your inputs would be appreciated.”

Bodgiataros: “You have presumed well, as Farima-Soura I’ve been confined to examine our borders. Specifically, those who bosom the Galatian navy, though I doubt that will be of much use to us should Adhur the Devil come.”

Mouses: “We have already recuperated our losses from Bithynium, so we need not worry about that monster coming to us.”

Leonnorios: “Are the rumors about Adhur true then?”

Mouses: “It need not be true, only the consequences of our men thinking the rumors a true matter. Mayor Baigorixo was in Tao when the forces of Armenia, Iberia, and Guira fought. The reports are. . . disturbing.”

Bodgiataros: “That aside we still need to consider our borders should we fight, Colonaea and Lydia of the empire merged just a few years ago. Our previous overtures of friendship are dispersed by the Asian-Greek personal union. Nikaea will never like us, and it is small anyway. The Tolistibogii in Herakleia may be fully Romanized, yet they favor their kin over the Emperor. If the Empire comes for us, we’ll have some warning.”

Leonnorios: “I might be more concerned with the Persians, Albania and Iberia were made tributaries by it, north Oreshoene was conquered by them as well. From the Indian Ocean to the peaks of the Aral Sea Persia rules.”

Aneorestos: “Persia is a nightmare for another eve. The empire, Atropatone, and Armenia are enough of buffers. They do retain control in the county of Ante, but that is now further isolated after Iberia’s defeat.”

Mouses: “Should we even fight Armenia? Galatia is stable and prospering.”

Bodgiataros: “I am in agreeance with my replacement. There is little gained from taking those lands, if we expanded I would presume it be into Guira and Abaza, possibly taking Iberia’s holdings in the Colchis region to completely take that coastline.”

Aneorestos: “For that trouble we could simply keep going and take Cherson from the Bosporan pagans that rose up after the Goths migrated or finished being killed by the Antae.”

Leonnorios: “No, my mother was from Iberia, and now a Zoroastrian dog holds it. Morally I cannot allow a ruler who has earned the monochrome of ‘the Devil’ to rule over those many Christians in the Caucasus. Strategically that land is too important to lose. The mountains provide excellent defenses which deter the vast majority of Scythian tribes, and once properly upgraded can have forts to excessively slow a Persian army.”

Mouses: “The Armenians are weakened from that four-way war for Iberia.”

Bodgiataros: “Actually I heard another host come to claim their Albanian holdings before the conflict ended.”

Mouses: “By the apostles, how do they even have a crown still.”

Aneorestos: “I order a compromise. First will shall declare a war for Iberia against the Armenians. As causa belli. . . it will be a Holy War, just as the Armenians had used to drive out our Christian brothers. After that we will be the only ones bordering the remaining holdouts along the eastern Black Sea coastline, giving us plenty of time to regroup and conquer Colchis and possibly Cherson.”

Mouses: “Should I send orders out before or after the festivities?”

Aneorestos: “After marshal, I would not sully this happy affair by our greed.”
End Scene

WjbFwA1.gif
February 540 was when the Galatian war for Iberia commenced. King Aneroestos was a brilliant commander with 8,000 troops levied from his and his vassal’s holdings. The weakened King Adhur III of Armenia could only muster 2,000, yet his ally Magi Farroukh of Atropatene joined the war brining an added 2,000 troops—Antropatene was a Zoroastrian theocratic state.

The first battle was November 540 at Dzegh. Afterwards Guira joined the war in defense of Armenia. The armies of Armenia, Antropatene, and Guira combined in Tao to retake the fort of Panaskerti, which held a vital river section for quick supply ferrying within the mountains. June 541 the armies had successfully forced out the meager garrison of the Galatians, but found themselves forced to fight King Aneroestos at Khakhuli.

King Adhur had brought the Galatians of Panaskerti with him to the battle to be publicly impaled insight of the Galatian army. After that the battle commenced with Armenia and Guira taking the flanks to engage in harassment tactics. Antropatene’s infantry rushed into that of King Aneorestes, but were easily held at bay while the flanks of the Zoroastrian army were routed and surrounded by the Galatians. The same result would occur at Artanuji. Following that King Aneorestes marched south to take the Armenian capital. King Adhur capitulated and gave Iberia to Galatia in May 542.

H6lLVun.jpg
*Making my own Serventes was difficult, so I kept it short. I took the rhyme scheme from Leus sonetz by Raimbaut de Vaqueiras [the untranslated rhyme scheme of course]. I also added my own twist by having the female troubadour interject with song every few verses too.

Last edited:
Victory is always sweeter than defeat :)

Where did you get the picture of the feasting hall from? It looks familiar, but I can't place it.

Victory is always sweeter than defeat :)

Where did you get the picture of the feasting hall from? It looks familiar, but I can't place it.
I've had that in imgur for a while, but I know its concept art for the Skelliga feasting hall in the Witcher 3 game by CD Projekt Red.

It reminds me of Redcliffe castle from Dragon Age: Origins. I don't think that's it though.
I now have an idea for a future flavor images for my posts though :)

The exchange of quips between Aneorestos and Klara was great fun.
Thanks, I'm glad that part came out. The elongated play styled dialogue section was a concern for me. Glad the two love birds are entertaining.

Aneroestos part 4
NQZOkg3.png

Aneroestos part 4

In July 542, King Aneroestos declared war on Guira. They had fought against the Galatians in defense of Armenia just a few months ago; Guira had no army left. The Galatians only sent the forces of their King, a respectable 6,000. Armenia would join the war in defense of Guira, but it would mean little. The Galatian king would assault and take the Guiran capital of Bukistsikhe. After, the remaining holdings fell swiftly. January 543 Guira was owned by Aneroestos, who set about converting the Zoroastrian populace to the Nicene denomination of Christianity.

14 June 543
I have accounted a spreading of new Christian interpretations in Theodosiopolis. They accept the divinity of Jesus Christ, affirmed at Nicea in 325 yet have denied that of the Holy Spirit, which they believe was created by the Son. They view the Holy Spirit not as a trinity but as a servant of Father and Son. Theodosiopolis is boiling now, Duke Antiokhos’ intolerant policy toward heresies has made the populace more militant. Bishop Paulos of Citharizum looks as if sleep evades his grasp. Until the heretics calm themselves down I advise against using me to help convert them back, for now they pay taxes as well as any other. I do request you send Marshal Mouses to instill martial law.
—Bishop Gaizatorix of Tavia

"Look upon this world. Why do we serve a false religion? We are the true flock; moreover, wolves have infested our kin. Let us go now and save them. Those who resist will be driven out as the Canaanites were. Pneumatomachian will be the sole religion of Galatia.”—Heresiarch Gregor, August 543

20 October 543
My Liege,
My work in Koloneia seems to have come to fruition. By bribing, cajoling, extorting, threatening, and forging documents, I have managed to fabricate a claim on the Bandon of Koloneia presently held by Komes Sebastianos of Koloneia. I leave it up to you whether we use it or not.
—Duke Bogodiataros of Paphlagonia

November 543
0845: The Bishops of Archelais, Camachus, Citharizum, Comanagene, Gangra, Germanicopolis, Rizaion, and Svetitskhoveli enter to take their positions.

0900: Grigor was brought in and made to stand before the conclave.

0905 The Lawspeaker addresses Grigor’s crimes of rebellion. Grigor is there to be tried for his rebellion not his heresy.

0915 Grigor finishes his speech stating why he wanted his people freed from Galatian rule. He claims that the Armenians of Theodosiopolis disliked the Greco-Romans that oppressed them, and see no difference in Duke Antiokhos.

0920: Bishop of Comangane asks if the heretic army was just a means to an ends.

0924: Grigor denies these claims stating that he truly believes the Pneumatomachian way is far holier and more righteous than the Nicaean.

<You skip the next four hours of conversation>

1331: Lawspeaker finalizes the compromise on Grigor’s punishment. To kill Grigor would create a martyr to encourage further revolts, to keep him imprisoned is a waste of resources, Grigor is to be banished from the realm of Galatia.
—Minutes of the Trial of Grigor of the Pneumatomachian Uprising

20 October 543
My Liege,
I am pleased to report the success of my mission to Guira. The majority of the population have been converted to the Nicene faith. It was difficult at first, yet I utilizied the duality of good and evil in Christianity, something similar to Zoroastrian dichotomy of light and dark, to ease them in to our Christian beliefs.

hZn3R6h.jpg
In October 544, the forces of Galatia rushed to Imeretia to fight an Iberian revolt. A man named Chayim had rallied Iberia’s distant holdings of Kakheti in Crimea and Imeretia on the Georgian coast to rebel for independence. King Anereostos saw an opportunity to press his fabricated claim on the county of Imeretia without drawing in Iberia’s overlord of Persia. Most of the fighting early on were regional Galatian forces against the rebels within the greater Caucuses area.

Records also indicated that this war was to allow the armies of Galatia to avoid a measles epidemic that had been sweeping Anatolia. It had not entered the northern Black Sea coastline due to lack of trade with the barbarians in the region. Imeretia was assaulted quickly then King Anoerestos force marched to the rebel Iberian capital of Korchev in Cherson.

25 March 545
To the Glorious King Aneroestos,
Our wisdom and mercy are legendary. We surrender under the terms you have stated. King Aneroestos the Unready gains the County of Imeretia. Now please depart our lands.
—Charyim of Juhuria

31 May 545
To the Glorious King Aneroestos,
Your wisdom and mercy are legendary. We propose that Abkarib Ammyitha’il and Apollodora Tolistobogii marry. She will be well taken care of here in Yemen as is the Jewish way. Let our houses prosper.
—Melkey Abkarib Ghifar ‘the Valiant’ of Yemen

October 547 came King Aneroestos final war. He rallied his personal levies from Galatia and his holdings in the greater Caucuses to invade the last of the Armazi pagan tribes [Abaza]. Outnumbered 10:1 the Abaza were slaughtered at Geguti. The army of King Aneroestos then marched west into Abkhazia to finalize his victory over them with relative ease. He kept the holding for the crown with intent to enhance and develop what he saw as the Colchis county with the most potential. He knew not if his heir Leonnorios would honor his wishes, yet Aneroestos had intended to gift one county to each of his sons overtime. Leonnorios had become Doux/Duke of Cappadocia, Boiorix was made Count of Kartli and Tao, the recognized bastard Thomas was married to his cousin Tektomara and made count of Imeretia. The other five sons of Aneroestos were born to the matrilineal marriage of Countess Klara of Paphlagonia.

Medieval-Jewish-moneylenders.jpg
Upon his return to Mikkossos, Aneroestos found a massive influx of Jewish people. ([OOC: No seriously, I got literally 37 Jewish courtiers now X-D ]). Basileus Kodisa Rousombladadiotes of the Eastern Roman Empire had expelled the Jewish people from his entire empire, rather than bay his debts to the Jewish merchants. Galatia was the nearest realm where those of foreign religion were treated with some degree of tolerance, though it varied between duchies. King Aneoroestos could not find it in himself to throw out these displaced people. Even his more zealous son that practiced intolerance within the Duchy of Cappadocia did not advise so, seeing an opportunity to gradually convert their Abrahamic brethren to the true religion.

This did leave an intense issue within the kingdom. What must one do with near thirty-seven new courtiers of a different culture and religion. Some were Ashkenazi Jews, others were Greek, Aramean, Juhuro, and Hebrew. They were versed in court politics, many were even nobility of Jerusalem. Only Count Shalev Avramid was allowed to stay, his six-year-old son forced to leave. Unsure for the moment king Aneorestos decided to use his plans for Abkhazia and the plight of Jeuraslem’s native elite.

*King Aneorestos stands before a gathering of Jewish lords of varying prominence.
Aneorestos: “Now returned from conquest I find a myriad of new faces. What has brought the spawn of Israel to my villa?”

Achunai: “Villa only on the interior, beyond these mosaic walls is a fort of great strength. I digress though; Emperor Kodisa ‘the Ill-Ruler’ has expelled our people from the empire. Only our ruler Shalev and his Christian wife and cousin have been allowed to stay. The Miaphysites of Arabia Petraea would not have us, nor allow our pass to more-friendly Yemen. Our people would not go to exile in the lands of Mesopotamia again either. That has left little option except your lands. It is the largest and most suitable realm in terms of space and disposition.”

Aneorestos: “I know not where to place your people. The lands of Iberia practice indifference yet I know not if the counts will agree. Both the Douxs of Pontus Polemoniacus and Cappadocia are intolerant to foreign religions as well.”

Achunai: “We will be spat upon wherever we go. Your warnings of where it shall be worse are appreciated.”

Aneorestos: “My people are a thin mist over a jugged landscape of Hellenics, Armenians, and Caucasians. Considering how subjects interact is crucial to avoid the strength of noon breeze. What would your people prefer?”

Achunai: “A patch of earth to call our own would be best.”

Aneorestos: “Recently I have warred in Colchis and subjugated the Abaza. Their land is vast and agreeable, yet wildly in need of infrastructure. Enough coin has been saved for me to construct a city to act as an exclave of civilization in a heathen land. What say you; shall your people want such place?”

Achunai: “We will need to discuss at length and some may not go. Still, it is a valuable offer to be given a city of our own, though I imagine your own people and the native tribe you spoke of will cohabit.”

Aneorestos: “It is to be expected that such things would occur though that is the offer I know is within my power.”

Achunai: “Careful mlkh, if you treat our people so well then more will come to serve you.”
End Scene

jOAl8XX.jpg
28 October 549
Prosperous mlkh,
I have several contacts amongst the Rahanites. They are a Jewish merchant network originally from Rabig but it has expanded to have exclaves all over Europe, the Red Sea, and Maghreb. Word of your acceptance of the displaced from Jerusalem has allowed me to encourage their participation in the Galatian economy. Already new trade ideas ferry into the capital county.
—Elazar of Jabal an Nabi Shuayb, Steward of Galatia

2 December 549
I thank you mlkh,
Both for letting our people reside in your lands, and elevating me to your spymaster. I shall leave you for the realm of the barbarians in Juteland. There I hear of new ships they are building. It will be a dangerous mission yet “I Am” will ensure my protection should I remain pure.
—Bustenai of Kargen

”Tskhoumi was far from the cities of our homeland in so many ways, yet it was ours. King Aneorestos had wanted to spend money on building a port, but a plea from Shalev’s exiled son convinced him to wait and use such things to build us a temple. What will the future bring with us in this land of heathens ruled by Christians?”—Tzadok of Krorän, Newly Appointed Mayor of Tskhoumi, January 550

19 February 550
My liege,
I’ve successfully converted the majority of the population in Theodosiopolis back to the Nicene faith!

22 December 551
My liege,
MY work is of great success due to my many informants within other Jewish communities throughout the civilized world. I recently learned of a new shield design from southern Gaul that comes shaped like an upside-down tear drop. It has apparently been used to great effect by the Franks.
—Spymaster Bustenai of Kargen

32yV7FW.jpg
*King Aneroestos stands in a field with his strongest warriors.
Warrior 1: “Come my liege, this day we shall gain triumph to make Nike herself weep in admiration.”

Aneroestos: “Aye, brave soul. Let us gain glory upon this bleeding field.”

*A headless rider enters the stage.
Warrior 4: “What queer being be this? Are you friend or foe?”

Rider: “Beware the fair stare of Epona’s broken mare. Look now upon your child of land as Gaia cry tears of sand.”

Warrior 2: “Enough of this fancy trite spite. Greet destiny with me!”

*Warrior 2 rushes to attack the rider but drops his weapon in pain and falls to the ground before going still.
Warrior 3 & 4: “Devilry. . .”

Rider: “Seed and spawn of lonely loins; no reparations for sinful coins. Look now upon your child of land and its own sired at hand.”

*Warrior 3 collapses to the ground clutching his chest.
Warrior 1: “What hex has fallen upon yourself?”

Warrior 4: “Brother he lays dead upon Mars’ hallow ground.”

Rider: “Ground all around yet none to care abound. A desert grassland of broken dreams awaits you all it seems.”

Warrior 4: “Vengeance!”

*Warrior 4 charges the rider but stumbles to the ground never to rise again.
Aneroestos: “Cease this slaughter and let mine men go.”

Warrior 1: “Nay my liege, flee this day to feel life’s kiss once more.”

Rider: “A clever lie within the sky, but everyone here shall die.”

*Warrior 1 cries out in pain and falls to the ground. Aneroestos holds his sword at the rider but shakes in fear.
Aneroestos: “I shall defeat you headless demon, for the honor of my people.”

Rider: “Honor, what horror, you seek your own fame and find yourself lame. What ingratiating ingrates fed you such lie? Was it your spy that you so cry, this faux thought you hath brought ignoring all your kin have wrought.”

*The screams of women, children, and men echo all around as a Latin chant echoes in synchronization with a pagan song.
Rider: “Sense does cease without release. Feast your ears upon these fears. No nun to bless you, know none press you. Gaze past final haze and see the fee that must be paid for all the corpses you hath laid.”

Aneroestos: “Leave me, leave me foul creature. Let this sinner see the only thing ever loved once before you take me. I have claimed much in the name of justice to guise my need of land based greed, yet let me see Klara once more before you make me carrion feed.”

*The rider slowly walks off the stage and the lights dim to total darkness.
Aneroestos: “Leave me, leave me, leave me.”

Klara: “My love, my love please wake from your terror.”

*Aneroestos is shown lying on the ground as his wife stirs him.
Aneroestos: “What. . . what happened.”

Klara: “I entered your study to find you crying out in terror, my handsome fool.”

Aneroestos: “It. . . it was just a dream.”

*Aneroestos hold his wife close.
Klara: “Love, what madness has taken you.”

Aneroestos: “That of knowing the one approaching truth. Now come I would spend my time with the one thing I love in this world.”

*The two leave and the rider steps out once more.
Rider: “Life is a clever lie from the heavenly haven sky. Sole truth we shy from is all men die. Yet, one thing makes us rise above and that is a well-earned love. Aneroestos can never stay for he has lived his final day.”
End Scene

oIlyGyI.jpg
*mlkh is the best English translation for the Yiddish word for King I could come up with.
*Also, those Jewish courtiers are great for all those technology points I get from events for having them.

Last edited:
How secure are Aneroestos' achievements I wonder.

World in 569
NQZOkg3.png

World in 569

In the last few weeks we’ve seen Galatia break away from the Eastern Roman Empire and expand rapidly in Asia Minor and the Caucuses Mountain region. The Kingdom is united in religion, Nicene Christianity. The Jewish owned holdings have been pushed into the lands of the Abaza, putting the majority of the Pagan Amarzi together with the infidel Jews.

oHt5f8Q.png
The religion is all that holds the people together as there are numerous cultures across the seventeen-county realm. A Galatian lord rules each area, except for Abaza, yet the culture itself is small. Armenian and Pontic are the dominant cultures in the region. The Abazans, Armenians, Georgians, and Macronians are all of the Caucasian culture group, the Pontics are of the Byzantine culture group, Lycaonians are of the Antaolian culture group, and the Galatians are of the Continental Celtic culture group.
cXJHTVx.png
The political landscape of Galatia is fairly straight forward. Since Leotarius there has been a duchy of Paphlagonia. Aneroestos had formed the duchies of Cappadocia and Pontus Polemonuacus and raised several courtiers to higher positions in those duchies and the conquered lands north and west of Pontus.

The first son, now 50-year-old king, of Aneroestos was made Duke of Cappadocia at age 16. His learning is much higher than his father’s 3 at a lovely 21, along with an 18 in diplomacy, yet 6 in martial. Leonnorios is not the military man his father was. The new king might not live long considering he is already in old age, yet he is well loved by all the vassals, even the pretenders to the throne. Imeretia is owned by Thomas Thomasid [the bastard child of Aneroestos and Klara]. Leonnorios has enough money to form the duchy of Colchis and turn his half-brother grateful for the next few decades. Leonnorios’ full brother Boiorix owned Kartli and Tao, despite desiring the duchy of Iberia from his brother, Boiorix has a 66 opinion of Leonnorios. The half-brothers from Klara and Aneroestos’ joining have no claim on Galatia, and thus remain confined within the county of Paphlagonia.

The count of Lykandos dislikes the new King, yet the lords of Paphlagonia and Pontus [both upper and lower] are related through marriage to the king due to his nine children. I’d be surprised but Aneroestos had a total of eight children, two of the Tolistobogii line, one bastard, and five to Klara’s house Martyriosid. Many of the lords are also old at this point though. These are all people who rose to power during the independence war. Even the many Jewish courtiers from the Kodisan Expulsion are now over 45-years-old, except for four out of the initial thirty-seven. The new generation might not be as pleased with the dynasty.

6ZA1b8f.png
The Tolstibogii line now has 43 living members out of 55 and a collective prestige of 199 amongst those lesser members.

A World that Stopped Making Sense
Y3oFb7n.jpg
The west is broken into many fractious lords. Hispania is divided amongst the Suebi and Visogoths, with the Celtic Asutricens trying to regroup in the northern portion of the peninsula. It is unlikely though that the Celtic pagans can stand firm against the Arian heretics.

Gaul is divided into various Germanic warlords of Frankish and Almmannian descent. The franks of Ripuria had managed to take Romano-Gallic Soissons and the Seven Provinces [southern France] but broke apart from galvelkind succession and infighting. The Celts of Armorica are the only people in Gaul not governed by the Germanics.

In Brittania the Celtic religion and people are on the rise. Weakened after conquest by the Germanic Jutes, Angles, and Saxons, the Romano-Britons are now being ‘liberated’ by the people of Caledonia and Hibernia. The people of Ere had named their kingdom carved out of their home island, Wales, Mercia, Susses, and Hwice Ireland. To the north the Picts took over the destabilization and the Cnn-dharaich now owns the Lowlands to the Middlands, naming himself king of Scotland. Tanistry will break the highlands from him soon. Though pushed back, the Germanics are continuing to fight numerous border wars against the Celts. In between them the Insular faith of the island has nearly vanished due to the victories of their pagan kin and separation from Rome.

Central Europe hasn’t changed much. The tribes continue to war with each other and there have been few if any migrations to elsewhere. South within the Italaian peninsula the Skirians of Odoacer no longer rule. After conquests into Illyria and the forming of Pannonia his sun Þiudi Thassilo died, and the kingdom split. After this a man named Vicar Pontianus of Carpi rose and over threw the foreigners in 510. This created the Diocese of Annonaria. Pontianus was a Cybelian [Hellenic heresy], northern Italia has slowly been converting over now. The rest of the Penninsula is now the Diocese of Italia, freed from Soissons’ inherited control in 551 by Urbanus of Capua. They have poor relations with their pagan brothers to the north as Italia has remained of the faith.

2JEHh9G.jpg
Eastern Europe is as beset by barbarism as ever. Skirian held Gepedia is the strongest of the barbarian kingdoms. Following that are the Germanic Herul, and the Slavic Antae. Lately a people known as the Huns have formed in Dolor, but will convert to Nicene in forty years. Cheremisa is a powerful Zoroastrian tribe of steppe nomads, yet have been greatly weakened from their wars with Thrace in the west and Persia in the east. The Romuva Baltics remain, yet are pressed by the Slavics on all sides.
FSEgk7P.jpg
The far east is the most stable of the world. The Persians did recently lose a revolt league war, sacrificing massive tracts of land in the northern steps, along with land in Arabia. The Monophysites of Arabaia Petraea have slowly gained power, but the Nestorian tribes act as buffer to Persia. Across the Red Sea are the Blemmyes [pagan] and Axum [Misaphysite] African kingdoms. Exotic India has remained unchanged beyond the Guptas becoming Rajastan and the Deccan Empire’s formation.

Last edited:
Looking at Western Europe makes the mod seem very well-named. No sense there whatsoever :D

Nice overview of the world at large. Much appriciated.:)