• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter XVII:
Worthy

The Gift

qnp5aq.jpg

GNN:
"The Meridian Autocracy had declared war to the Xardasians. The Meridians wished to return to their former homes, but the Xardasians refused to let them pass, so now, the two civlisations are now at war."
dr6z2q.jpg

"On other news, the Sol System is blooming with life since the United Nations of Earth recieved a Council Seat. Aegis Dynamics already started placing their ads, after long negotiations with the Humans."
2q8mxhz.jpg

Councillor: *Sigh* These news are starting to irritate me.

*The door is being slammed by Willys*

Willys: THEY ARE HERE! THE LUCARIANS ARE DOCKING IN THE RANOI SECTION!
Councillor: What?! LETS GO!
2rxxxs3.jpg

*Willys and Allan (the councillor) are reaching the Ranoi docks*

Willys: Look at that, councillor! These are our uplifters? Woah!
Councillor: Who's in charge here?! (talking to a Ranoi overeeing the Lucarian docking)
Ranoi: See that huge ship? (points to a ship that is getting ready to dock) Go there if you want to talk with their leader, councillor.
Councillor: Come on Willys, we need to talk with them.

*The two arrived at the ship that just landed ... the ship opened its gates, from which the Lucarians started getting into the Castrum.*

Willys: They are so tall! And look, are these masks or are these their faces? I can't even tell!
Councillor: Keep your calm, I think I spotted their leader.

*All the Lucarians are silent, some of them looking with curiosity at the two Humans ... but one of them distingushes from the rest, as he wears a different armor from the rest.*
*He approaches the councillor*

Lucarian: No one is safe there. Lead me to your chambers.

*Willys is kneeling down*

Willys: In the name of all the Humans, we thank you for the sacrifice you have done in order to save us from the Rhonians. We thank you for the gift of spacefaring technology.

*The Lucarian looks at Willys, but says nothing ... couldn't tell the emotions either, because of the mask. Then he looks at the councillor and claims that they have to go.*

*The three reaches the councillor's chambers.*

Lucarian: "The time has come for you to reach for the stars. You are capable of things you can not even imagine. When the time is right, find us and we shall enlight you once again."
That was the message we left you in that ship. It took you too much time, and it costed us our home. We always managed to repel the Xanderian attacks, but this time they were relentless. The Rhonians and the Arthell helped them. Our fleet, half destroyed in your system. We had to evacuate our worlds. We could not let one single Lucar to fall into the hands of the Rhonians.
And so, the first instinct was to find you, as you couldn't have found us. And we did. The wrong Humans, unfortunately. We sent a distress call before they engaged us. We were defeated and then forced to show them the gift.
Councillor: Gift?

*The Lucarian shows the councillor his psionic abilities by raising up a chair without touching it*

Lucarian: Very few species in the galaxy can do that. This is the psionic ability. This is why the Rhonians came to the Sol System. At first, it is dormant. A species, especially at the stage you are right now, can not awake it on its own. This is an anomaly in ours and your evolution. Our ancestors observed the skirmishes between the Rhonians and the Asterians in your system. We decided to investigate. So, we found you. We detected the psionic dormant ability in you, but you were not prepared to be uplifted, not sure if you could have awaken the psionic ability too. Unfortunately, the Rhonians took refuge in Sirus. They tricked the Asterians, and they tricked us too. So we left and kept an eye on anyone who would enter this area of space. We thought you were safe. 2000 years and no one entered this area of space, until the Rhonian Emperor himself was seen going there. So we prepared to fight, and also believed that you could finnaly be uplifted.
Councillor: So you are telling me that all these wars ... all these billions of deaths ... were for that?!
Lucarian: It is unthinkable how you managed to defeat the Rhonians. Your sacrifices might have saved the galaxy. That ability can not fall into the wrong hands.
Thousands of years ago we were in your position. We were a warlike civilisation. We loved to fight. To kill.
And then, the Archeans found us.

"UNWORTHY" They yelled when they contacted us. They took the job to uplift us and make of us a proper civilisation, worthy of the gift. We gave up the lives we had. We started a new one, under their guidance. And then they left, giving us the job to take care of any new civilisation that might have the dormant ability.
You have to understand one thing. The psionic abilities, in the wrong hands, could destroy the galaxy.
We were forced to awake the ability in the Humans from the Fourth Reich. YOU have to stop them. They are not worthy. You are. We will show you how to awake the ability, but you will have to destroy your brothers from that empire.

Councillor: I will have to tell the President about that!
Lucarian: That was not a request, you are being forced to do it. If you won't do it, you will perish.
We had a plebiscit after we escaped from the Fourth Reich. Half of our people voted to remain here. They will help all the worhty Humans from the Castrum to awake their gift. I want you to take care of them. They know they are not safe here, but they are willing to risk it. You are a councillor. You have power. I want you to use that power to protect them. We, Lucarians were never meant to live in a place like this.
Councillor: You have my promise .. but what about the rest of you?
Lucarians: One quarter from the rest will go to Earth and help the rest of the worthy ones to awake their psionic abilities. The rest of us ... we are going to the Archeans. We had a deal with them. We are going to stay there. And when the Lucarians from Earth and from this place have done their part, they will also join us there.
Councillor: But how come that no one told us about them?
Lucarians: They are clouded in mystery. No one dares to venture even close to their space. They only show themselves to the worthy civilisations. We will leave in a few days. I would like to take your assistant with us.
4tpl69.jpg

r8uqv9.jpg

2lcl3xi.jpg

Last edited:
So then there will be war with the nazis. On time, I'd say.:)

Yes, a matter of cleaning house and revenge.

The Archeans

GNN: The Iarna Hegemony grows even more dangerous, as they started colonising in the Raxum System. The United Nations of Earth grows desperate as this system was the only way they could connect to the rest of the galaxy. Both the Nazarians and the Iarna are declining the Humans passage. The Humans are forced to remain in their own space, while Humans from outside the Human space can not go back to their homes.
The situation grows desperate for the Humans.

In other news ... With the passing of Emperor Igoriim of the Valerian Empire, the Valerian nobility choosed a ruler from another chaste of warriors. Shabilguum I is now in charge of the empire. He already is known for the hatred he has for the Arthell, as he declared "Eternal Rivalry" to them, even before becoming emperor.

11kjza8.jpg

2dlnkuw.jpg

*The Human Councillor, while hearing the news in the background, recieves the last news from Earth. The document is signed by the President.*

Councillor Allan: So ... the last news that got out from our space before the Iarna managed to block the ways...
"We managed to get the Rhonian Sirussians to finnaly accept the mobilisation. The deal was that they will only help us willingly if they will get to choose the admiral of our main fleet. We had to agree. We heard that the Iarna are moving into the Raxum System, so these might be the last intel you will get from us until after the war. We also discussed with the Reich. They will help us. Tell the Council of 5 that we are ready, there can not be any better time than now."

*Meanwhile, Willys and the Lucarian Fleet reaches the Archean Space.*

Lucarian leader: Now listen. We've entered the Archean Space. You need to follow me and don't ask too many questions when we arrive on the "Preserve". They will be curious to see you. Do not do the thing you did when you met me. Just follow my lead.
Willys: Still, you haven't told me yet about the deal you made with them. Don't I need to know that?
Lucarian: Listen ...after they uplifted us ... after we were made worthy of the psionic abilities .. They had us promise that we will take care of any new civilisation that will posses these abilities in the future. And once we are no longer capable of doing it ... we were to come here.
Willys: That's smart of them.
Lucarian: They are more intelligent than they look. Once they were a beautiful looking species, but all the things they had to do to survive .... it costed their beauty.
We're here. Remember. Follow my lead.

*The doors of the ship opens, but Willys couldn't figure out who the Archeans are from the high numbers of races that he noticed on the port*

Willys: Woah! What's that?! Is that an Asterian? And that one .. an Arthell?!

*...And then, one Archean finnaly approaches the two. He is different than all of the species that Willys noticed.*

Archean: .... And there is a Malteryian ... and there is a Xha. Near the Xha there are some species that went extinct long before your civilisation started to form, Humans.
Willys: A Xha?! You mean .. he is not synthethic .... like the Xha'Till?
Archean: Precisely. All the species that you see here are special. Sure, they don't all have the psionic abilities, but they still have some abilities dormant in them. Evolution is a beautiful thing, especially when you can control it.
All of these species made a pact with us. The Asterian here? Almost 700 years ago the Asterian leadership gave us thousands of their own. In exchange, we gave them the Castrum. We pushed the Nazarians from the ringworld.
Willys: Wait .. wasn't the Ranoi the ones who found the Castrum after?
Archean: The Ranoi are being preserved in another section of our space. They too made the pact.
Look. The Malteryians you see there. Thousands of years ago the tribes from their planet were united by a prophet. So it happens that it was thanks to their donation and our help that all his miracles were possible .. thus the unification of the tribes and ascension in the galactic affairs.
Willys: Uhh...and the Arthell?
Archean: Their leaders just sold them to us. They are unworthy of their gifts, just like the Lucarians were long time ago. But now here they are. You arrived sooner than expected, Lucarian .... but now that you and the rest of your people will remain here, we will have plenty of time to talk about what happend.
Now .. tell me, Human. Have you ever seen what are you truly capable of?
Willys: You mean .. the psionic abilities?
Archean: Come, follow me to the next section.

*With the Lucarian remaining behind, Willys and the Archean are moving to another section in the port's base.*

Willys: Uhh..may I ask why I don't see another Archeans around?
Archean: *Sigh* Most of our species is sterile. It's a long story. You know .. civilisations that were here before any of the ones that are roaming it now, used to call us the "Flowers of the galaxy" ... "The Khessam ...the jewel of this place". Then the Nepharians came. With their theories about life and death. They continued to destroy every civilisation in the galaxy that refused to become sterile. There is no way we could've defeated them. So we became sterile .... sure, they stayed there for a while after the purges. But they left. They didn't bother to say goodbye. Just vanished into the Dark Space. They were capable of traveling between galaxies. It was so long ago though ... Hundreds of thousands of years, Human.
And then, when our ancestors were close on dying out, they started to do something so they would become fertile. It proved difficult, as the Nepharians had their own way of making someone sterile. The experiments on making us fertile .. has led to our looks. And even after all that we tried .. still, only a few portion of our population is fertile, as it doesn't work on everyone. The children born from the fertile ones, are also sterile.
Willys: That's....That's...I'm sorry.
Archean: We might be in low numbers, but we always liked quality, instead of quantity. Sometimes we wonder though .. how did the Xardasians and the Nazarians managed to become fertile again? It is a shame that we never liked each others.
Willys: So they were here too when the Nepharians came?
Archean: They and many more took the sterile pact. But it's only our three civilisations that didn't die out.
Willys: And ... will the Nepharians come back?
Archean: We've arrived. The Psionic Section.

*Willys notices that some of the species there are Humans.*

Willys: ARE THESE HUMANS?! Wait ... Our colony. Resilience. WERE YOU BEHIND IT?!
Archean: So your leader didn't tell anyone it seems. That's very good. You see...all the pacts we do, are secret to the rest of the galaxy. We contacted your President. We got the population of Resilience ... which was like, just one thousand people at the momment. In exchange, we awakened her psionic abilities. We gave her power and information. Your recent elections? Mostly rigged.
Willys: WHAT? You can't be serious!
Archean: I know. We were way too generous. But you need guidance. Just like the Lucarians once needed. Your civlisation will take the place the Lucarians once had. You will take good care of any new civilisations that posses the psionic abilities. Your president knows it very well now.
Willys: And then? When we are no longer capable? What?! We all are to come here too?!
Archean: If this won't happen, the whole galaxy is in danger. These powers, in the wrong hands ... you can't even imagine what they can do. That is why the United Nations of Earth will have to destroy the Fourth Reich. Your president knows that now. They are unworthy.
We are called the "Archean Preservers" for a reason. We preserve all the life in this world. All the species.
Willys: This is ...
Archean: We are saviors. Each civilisation has a history. Great minds, little minds .. regular minds. Wars, prosperity. Achievements and failures. Now imagine that your species goes extinct. ALL OF YOUR HISTORY IS GONE! POOF! LIKE IT NEVER HAPPEND! All the great minds, all the joy, all the pain .. for nothing. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution .. and then extinction?! No. Have you ever thought of the historians as the defenders of the dead? A person or an event only truly dies when no one remembers it. That's what we are, Human. Historians. Preservers. Guides.
Now remember. What you saw, what you heard, what you felt here...stays here. I know you are worthy, else you wouldn't leave this place.
1ic4ur.jpg

2ep0eac.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe, this is a rather neat of writing up the Preserve event chain.

I've been meaning to give this a look for some time and have read the first 5 chapters, and just want to let you know I'm looking forward to catching up fully soon!

Cheers!

The Second Iarna Wars

valkyrie_movie_1.jpg

Meridian ambassador: DOES THIS LOOK LIKE PEACE TO YOU?! The Xardasian terms are OUTRAGEOUS! I demand Council support! At once!
Arcturian councillor: We are sorry. Our fleets are way too busy at the momment, and in that part of the galaxy we still do not have enough support.
Meridian ambassador: Oh but you have! The Inossi! The ARTHELL! The Arthell are now an associate member of the Council of 5! You offer these treacherous beasts a place near you .. but you fail to see that the Xardasians are demanding that THREE of our planets to be CLEANSED!! They won't allow evacuation! They want US to kill our people! This is why they brought us from our old homes?! To murder us like that?!
Ranoi councillor: We need to remind you that you were the attacker. You provoked the Xardasians, well knowing how powerful they are!
Meridian ambassador: How can we be attackers when they forced us to leave our homes and be placed in these wannabee colonies close to their space?! They think they can keep the Meridians like that?! We were just trying to go back to our homes!
Human councillor: To ... to the Valerians?
Meridian ambassador: YES! He told you the story. You know why we can't stay where we are now! AT LEAST NOT LIKE THAT!
Paradisian councillor: Sometimes in life you must understand when someone else is stronger than you. You have to accept whatever he wants. And when he finnaly shows weakness .. then its the time to strike.
Meridian ambassador: So this is what you told the Valerian ambassador too?! You want us to bow down and have our heads cut down. You disgust me! You are a disgrace to this galaxy! I spit on your "Council of 5". You will run out of numbers to put in your name with this mentality! (says this as he is leaving the room).
2dkgt8o.jpg
2a5i5ih.jpg

Asterian councillor: So .. this was the last appointment...
Human councillor: Wait.
I recieved word from Earth .. just before the Iarna blockaded the Raxum system. We are ready.
Paradisian councillor: Didn't you have problems with the Sirussians? I thought they refused to join your ranks.
Human councillor: The President told me that a compromise was achieved. We will have a Sirussian admiral leading our main fleet.

*All the councillors from rise from their seats, yelling "WHAT?"*
30245lc.jpg

5v82uv.jpg

Arcturian councillor: So you practically give your main fleet to someone that you've been fighting for thousands of years.
Ranoi councillor: You are out of your minds, Humans.
Paradisian councillor: What guarantee do you have that he just won't take the fleet and just go to the Rhonian Empire?!
Human councillor: The Sirussians are way more experienced with this kind of fighting. They defeated us in so many battles up there in space ... We only won because of the attrition. They know how to fight. We are still learning. And ... I think this might finnaly show us and the Sirussians that we can work together ... that we are stronger this way.
I trust my President's decision. There is no going back anyway.
Asterian councillor: What do you mean there is no going back?
Human councillor: The Fourth Reich is attacking the Iarna as we speak.
Asterian councillor: You really thought of everything. Sure ... this might seem good on the short term. The odds are surely against the Iarna. But in the long term, you will regret that you brought the fanatics into this war. You will just make them stronger!
Paradisian councillor: I am sending word home. The Human is right. Even though it might seem as a mistake to have the Reich in this war ... well, I think it might have assured us a victory against a Iarna. I believe we all know how strong they were last time.
Asterian councillor: Fine then. We will join our forces in the Raxum and the Gatana systems.

1625x0g.jpg

141p7pu.jpg

2eandli.jpg

iz3wx1.jpg

Good to see Earth take some initiative.

Lets hope all the plans wont come back to bite someone in the ass. Love the writeup about the preservation.

The battle of Ziris

s5i9dv.jpg

GNN:
War between the Iarna Hegemony and the Council of 5 rages on as the Raxum system has been conquered by the combined forces of the Paradisians and Asterians. On the Pollino colony, slaves have been found. The Paradisians found out that they were a pre-spacefaring civilisation. The Iarna found and enslaved them in their expansion. They call themselves "Kedeshi" and claim that many more of them are still slaves to the Iarna.
ziljqf.jpg

2n8t34h.jpg

GNN:
The Human Fleet arrived in the Gatana system, and together with the Paradisian and Asterian fleet, they started the siege of Ashmudym, where even more Kedeshi slaves have been found, when the combined Sirussian, Ranoi and Paradisian foot soldiers. It seems that the Sirussians are the soldiers on the ground of the United Nations of Earth, while the space fleet is being made of both Sirussian and Human effectives. A Sirussian admiral is leading the fleet though.
1678to8.jpg

2m7w8.jpg

GNN:
Following the conquest of Ashmudym, the Iarna fleet appeared in the Voldop system to stop the Council forces. The Asterian and the Human fleets retreated to the Ziris system, but the Iarna fleet managed to catch up and jump right in the Human fleet. If it wasn't for the decision of the Sirussian admiral to retreat, the Human fleet could have been completely anihilated. This Iarna counter-offensive can have the power to halt and maybe even push back the Council forces. The Fourth Reich is still yet to make a big offensive into the Iarna space, but now with the Iarna fleet busy in the Council front, an offensive can follow.
It is know that the Human fleet retreated, but it's current location is unknown.
2eveu7c.jpg

35koe42.jpg

soaipw.jpg

Defeats are never good - but sometimes the test of a true genius is knowing when to run.

The battle of Azrahas

GNN:
With the defeat of the Human fleet in the Ziris system against the Iarna, the citizens of the United Nations of Earth called for another elections, questioning the rulership of the current President, Carmela Valeri.
The greatest rival of the current President, is the "Martial Order of the Thorn", with their ruler running for presidency. Mohammed al-Atrash gained lots of love from the people in the past months, especially after the decision of putting a Sirussian admiral in charge of the Human fleet. Nationalism is rising in the United Nations of Earth. A reason for this might be the popularity and show of force of the Fourth Reich. It is also believed that this party is being funded by the Reich.
These elections might decide the future of the United Nations of Earth and of their seat on the Council.
k3ah6f.jpg

2d1rzg7.jpg

GNN:
In other news, the Arthell Regime was defeated. The combined forces of the Rhonians and Xanderians were way too much for the Arthell. The Rhonians were threatened by the Xanderians to give up their claims on the Arthell space .. and as such, the Rhonians did not get anything of this war.
And while seeing the Arthell finnaly take the initiative on their own, and not just fight as mercenaries anymore was intersting, they might have been way too ambitious. The Valerians are already rising the tensions on the borders, hoping to reclaim their lost colonies from when the Arthell intervened in the "Thousand Years War".
v4at94.jpg

sw9yiq.jpg

*One month later*

GNN:
The elections in the United Nations of Earth turned out to be a surprise, as Carmela Valeri managed to keep her position as the President. When the remnants of the Human fleet from the battle of Ziris showed up over Earth, the tensions started to cool down, as the people were relieved to see their fleet back, even though far from their initial power.
The Sirussian admiral claimed that their retreat was chaotic and there was no way to get in contact with any other stations or fleets. He also reported that they were found by a 'mysterious' fleet and escorted safe to the nearest Human space station. It is sitll unkown who that "mysterious fleet" belonged to, as the admiral couldn't spot any flags on it, or get in contact with them. They just escorted the fleet and dissapeared.
This however brought just enough votes for Carmela Valeri so she could remain in her position as the President of the United Nations of Earth.
2dm9gg1.jpg

GNN:
In other news, the Iarna continued their counter-offensive, starting the siege of Ashmudym. Their former colony is being defended by the forces of the United Nations of Earth .. which are mostly being formed by Sirussian foot soldiers.
However, with the Iarna fleet being busy with that siege, the combined forces of the Paradisians and the Asterian layed siege to another Iarna colony, Azrahas.
tag95z.jpg

oad8us.jpg

*One month later*
GNN:
The Valerian Empire made it official. They are now at war against the Arthell Regime. This might be as well be the last nail in the coffin for the ambitions of the Arthell.
2mzbgxj.jpg

GNN:
The siege of Azrahas came to its climax, as the United Nations of Earth sent the Rhonian Sirussians soldiers in. With the support of the Paradisian-Asterian fleet, they managed to get down, starting the most bloodiest battle of this war. The Iarna and the Kedeshi slaves fought fiercely, knowing that losing this colony might as well be fatal for the war effort. They fought so fiercely that they managed to push the Sirussians out, but after recieving reinforcements, they invaded once again. But the Iarna were still too powerful, and only with the arrival of the rest of the Council soldiers, they managed to capture the colony. It is reported that the colony is in ruins and will take months, if not years until it can be rebuilt. This battle reminds the galaxy of the last Iarna war hundreds of years ago ... they fought with the same power as before.
11c6vjp.jpg

2zeez3b.jpg

28vzr6b.jpg

The battle of Azrahas forced the Iarna fleet to abandon the siege of Ashmudym and their overall counter-offensive. The position of the Iarna fleet is currently unknown, but that isn't the only consequence of the Azrahas battle. The Sirussians from Tartar and Sirus are rebelling against the Humans, as they heard about the casualties of this battle. They claim that the Humans are just sending the Sirussian soldiers to bloodbaths so they can get rid of them. This might prove dangerous for the integrity of the United Nations of Earth, as most of the Sirussians are leaving for other empires, some of them even reaching the Rhonian Empire. The remnants from Tartar and Sirus claim that they will fight for their independence and survival if the Humans will send them to such battles again.
5cmyl1.jpg

2wgudk9.jpg

That is all .. not so good.

The fall of the Iarna

GNN:
The fleet of the Iarna appeared in the Ziris system, where they last defeated the Humans. This time, the Iarna were the ones tricked, as the Paradisians outmanouvred the Iarna and retreated to the Sapir system, where the Asterian fleet was waiting stealthy. This has led to the most bloodiest and decisve space battle of this war. It is reported that more than half of the Iarna fleet was destroyed before they managed to escape.
21b1vmc.jpg

11gsvpw.jpg

a73g9.jpg

vgppbp.jpg

10hvvj4.jpg

fbl5ab.jpg

2zpju4x.jpg

GNN:
The Paradisians continued their offensive, entering in the Hamkad system and laying siege to the colony of Sosheet. The Iarna fleet had to retreat from the system.

In other news, the Xha'Till declared war against the Rhonians! This is the first offensive war made by the Xha'Till since the synthethic crisis of their species. The fear of the Space Dragon that the Inossi found has led to other empires to join the war on the side of the Rhonians! The Cindarii, the Meridians and even the Malteryians have joined the war against the Xha'Till.
2im4z9d.jpg

214th92.jpg

nb2jpz.jpg

2u9oi9y.jpg

eb7bd5.jpg

GNN:
The Human fleet is once again at its full strenght and already arrived in the Iarna space. The Paradisians initiated the siege of Obseet. With that, the Iarna finnaly gave up and surrendered. This time the terms of the peace were that the Iarna was to fully give up on their homeworld and colonised worlds all the way to the United Nations of Earth's space. They were to move on their other colonies, to the Fourth Reich's space .. but with the Iarna fleet in ruins, the Reich just started to steamroll the Iarna.
And yet, the Humans from Earth achieved a compromise and welcomed the Iarna under their rule, but with lesser privileges from these of the liberated Kedeshi.
23joohv.jpg

255oo6t.jpg

657bqf.jpg

3451kaw.jpg

2qu3ax0.jpg

2afk9qd.jpg

30xeyav.jpg

So the Iarna are no more. Wonder how that will turn out.

True neighbours now with the Fourth Reich. That has to be an uncomfortable proximity.

The Outcome

*After being taken by the Lucarians and brought to the Archeans, Willys finnaly returns to the Castrum. He is immediately called by the Human Councillor to his chambers.*

Willys: I heard that you called for me, Councillor.
Councillor: As soon as I heard about your arrival. Sure I called for you! You left ... for months! You were to be my advisor, and you left me here alone in time of war!
Willys: Uh ...I do not think that the Castrum was in any danger during this war, sir.
Councillor: We almost lost it, you know...they destroyed our fleet. Even that Sirussian admiral barely escaped. I am really starting to think that this kind of warfare is not for us. If it weren't for the rest of the Council forces ... Earth would have been lost before the remains of our fleet could have arrived there.
Willys: We are still newcomers. Our people don't have the experience.
Councillor: And yet, we haven't won a space battle. Not against the Sirussians, not against the Iarna. And still, we win the wars. With the Sirussians it was the attrition, with the Iarna it was the rest of the Council forces.
Willys: Next time we really have to be ready. We will have to go at war with the Fourth Reich.
Councillor: The Archeans want that, huh? ... Yeah ... our President wants that too. The Council also pushes us to do it. That's why they gave us all that territory from the Iarna space. We did not deserve it, and yet they give it to us in hope that we will become stronger. And know what? This actually makes us weaker. Giving us half the Iarna population, which are known for being ruthless and may rebel at any momment ... and these Kedeshi that we just liberated? They already stated that they want independence. We freed them from the chains, but it seems it is not enough. And believe me Willys, the momment we start a war with the Fourth Reich, the Kedeshi and the Iarna will make their move.
Willys: Hmmm....but if they are to make a move and they will make us lose against the Reich, that would just make them easy prey for the Human nationalists. They put them back in chains, like I heard they are doing right now with the ones from the planets that the Reich occupied.
Councillor: Here, look at this. This shows us exactly how many people we have in that "space empire" of ours. The Humans are not even half of it. The President is worried about that too. She decided that the Sirussians should recieve full memebership, just like the rest of the Humans. You know what that means?
Willys: They have the exact same rights as us.
Councillor: Yeah, they can ever run for presidency now.
Willys: But...don't they deserve it? I mean ... they were the ground forces in the Iarna war, weren't they?
8ygvbk.jpg

102qv6r.jpg

r2j71z.jpg

245xzec.jpg

*In the background, the GNN news can be heard*

GNN:
The Valerians and the Arthell, in the end finnaly made peace, with the Valerians having won the war, but not abtaining a total victory. They only managed to gain one planet from this war, and now they are sharing a system with the Arthell.
The Xha'Till and the Rhonian Empire also ended their war. Neither side managed to take the initiative in the war, thus ending it in a white peace.
bzxpz.jpg

vfz03s.jpg

Councillor: Also, the Lucarians were not joking around. They really started to awake our psionic abilities. The President has it, also, some high ranking scientists, and even citizens. They've made a center on Earth where they help people who are deemed 'worthy' to awake their gift. They did not yet approach me here in the Castrum though. There aren't that many here, you know?
*Willys shows his psionic abilities to the Councillor, raising a chair just with his mind*
Willys: They don't like this place. The Lucarians are too alerted that they can't start helping the Humans here in the Castrum. I will talk to them. Try to reasure them that everything is fine.
Councillor: Hmm. So you were not wasting time there with these Archeans. Fine. Tell the Lucarians that they will have all of my protection as a Councillor. For a momment, I was thinking that they were avoiding me because they do not think I am worthy, or maybe I just don't have the ability...You know, studies showed us that not all the Humans have that dormant ability. It is rare not to have it, but still...quite a significant number.
23mvc0n.jpg

GNN (in the background):
During the peace meeting, the Xha'Till and the Rhonians met in a neutral system. The Rhonians managed to take a photo of the Space Dragon ... they claim that the Dragon is sentient and he was capable of controlling a Xha'Till during the peace talkings.
xbeelx.jpg

GNN:
BREAKING NEWS!
Following the attempted colonization made by the Humans in the Inegore system, bordering the Nazaran Shard's space, the Nazarians had declared WAR against the United Nations of Earth!

Councillor: Wait .. Willys, did you hear that?!

*The door gets slammed by the Arcturian Councillor*

Arcturian Councillor: EMERGENCY COUNCIL MEETING! NOW!

2zyv536.jpg

Last edited:
Oh great.

Just what they need.

With the tail between the legs

*Meanwhile, at the Council meeting..*

Arcturian Councillor: What have you done Humans ..
Ranoi Councillor: YOU WANT TO DOOM US ALL?
Asterian Councillor: Councillors, I already told you to calm down! There is no way they could have known. No one told them!
Paradisian Councillor: They would have known if they would have read the galactic law!
Arcturian Councillor: There are certain rules that all the civilisations from the galaxy respects, including you, from the momment that you were uplifted and signed that you are aware of the galactic laws, Humans.
Ranoi Councillor: And one of the rules, is that YOU DO NOT COLONISE NEAR ANCIENT EMPIRES.
Human Councillor: Wait, why do you yell at me?! I just heard about the declaration of war, just like you!
Ranoi Councillor: Yes, but there is no way you were not aware that your President had ordered the colonisation near the borders of the Nazarians! You could've stopped it!
Asterian Councillor: We need to make this right. Listen, Allan. The Archeans, the Xardasians and the Nazarians were here in the galaxy way before our civilisations even dreamt of reaching the stars. They saw civilisations rise and fall. They are ancient.
Paradisian Councillor: They are extremely rarely seen outside their space. We know that something really bad happened to them long time ago. The Council States were only capable to communicate with the Archeans .. well, they told us that their ancestors had to accept some kind of a sterilization in order to survive an invasion from Dark Space. The Xardasians only talk to the Rhonians. You had the chance to see what happens when someone plays with these ancient civilisations when the Meridians attacked them. 3 planets cleansed, their fleet destroyed. And to think that they wanted our help....
The Nazarians never communicated with us, even though this ringworld is actually their creation. What worries us is that as we said long time ago, we have too much evidence that the Nazarians are communicating with the Fourth Reich. And that is all the way more reason to give up any attempt to fight the Nazarians. Even if by some miracle you manage to resist them, they will just call in the Reich and you will be doomed.
Ranoi Councillor: So, let's summarise what the Paradisian said. Surrender. Immediately. You will not have our help in this war, and should you refuse to take our advice, we will ban you from the Council Space.
Human Councillor: But this..
Arcturian Councillor: There can be no 'but'. If you go and surrender now, in the first hours, they might accept an easy peace.
Human Councillor: An easy peace?
Ranoi Councillor: They will have you cleanse the colony from their borders in the best case scenario.
Asterian Councillor: I know it is harsh, but there is no better solution.
Paradisian Councillor: We can not afford to lose you, Humans. The Arthell can no longer be trusted with their associate member status. They are negotiating with the Xha'Till. They grew desperate for revenge against the Rhonians. And also .. from what we heard, they broke the pact they had with the Valerians and attacked them by surprise. They are once again at war.
Ranoi Councillor: We haven't had so much movement from the Ancient ones for ages! Xardasians took the matters on their own hands and finished the One Thousands Years War .. then they crushed the Meridians for good. If you look a bit close to them, you will see that the Xha'Till have a Space Dragon! And from what the Rhonians said ... we fear that the Xha'Till are being controlled by the Dragon. I do not know if you already looked it up .... but history tells us that the Space Dragons were hunted and killed down by the Xardasians thousands of years ago ... and I think you know what that means. That Space Dragon somehow survived and endured. He will want revenge against the Xardasians. There will be a big war there.
Arcturian Councillor: And if you look closer to our borders, the Malteryians are also growing restless .... and the Lucarians are gone. The Xanderi are more powerful than ever after the Lucarians fell.
Paradisian Councillor: And if look closer to our own borders ... we have the Fourth Reich that is being aided by the Nazarians. And the last time we checked, the Fourth Reich allied themselves with the Cindarii, which wants to destroy the Asterians.
Asterian Councillor: You must understand. The galaxy is during its most darkest ages in the recent history. We need to stand together. Make peace with the Nazarians as fast as you could.

*Hearing this, the Human councillor bows his head and leaves the room, trying to make contact with the President as fast as possible*
5lzdl1.jpg

x58lmp.jpg

315ed60.jpg

GNN:
The United Nations of Earth and the Nazaran Shard have made peace as soon as the war started. The Humans surrendered, giving up on the colony from the Inegore system. The peace talks, however finished with blood, as the President of the United Nations of Earth was executed by the Nazarians shortly after the conclusion of the peace.
Under emergency elections, a new President was elected.

In other news, after attacking the Valerian fleet by surprise during their non-agression pact that was signed after the previous Arthell-Valerian war, the Arthell had officialy declared war once again to the Valerians, but this time, it seems that they have the upper hand.

Also, the Xha'Till, with the help of the Arthell, were capable of establishing colonies close to the Xardasian space. This event is truly unique, as the Xha'Till were never seen out of their space after the incident. The Xardasians are yet to make a response.
waog2f.jpg

72si1x.jpg

6q8bxh.jpg

1sl18o.jpg

Probably a wise course of action.