• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Glyndwr

tumblr_md7h6vbse31r76e5bo1_500.png

He stared at the map with intense scrutiny, his face an enigma. Though the blistering winter of Eastern Franconia grew outside of the large pavilion sweat beaded down his brow onto his nose and dripped. It splattered upon the map he perused with such gravity. It wasn’t of Franconia though it was of a land far south of them. Slavonia, home of the Slavonic people a bunch of pagans that barely managed to be incorporated by the Apostolic Faith. Now though the area is known only as the Dead Lands. A dilapidated locale but important nonetheless. It was the means to which the whole continent was united to take, a common foe that would end with the 12 Peers with near total control of the continent’s heart. A perfect position to influence the leaders of the world into working together, into not slaughtering each other and drowning the lands in blood every single generation like some banal clockwork. How often have I stared at this damn map hoping for inspiration? He took a large gulp of beer that was in a mug next to the map.

Why must the fates be so damn malicious. We nearly had it, had all we hoped and planned for, but no. Apparently the undead weren’t all so mindless and easy to wipe out, but some were very much not mindless, and worse some of the living who survived that plague were helping the undead. Why? Why assist something so unnatural? The wind howled outside as the sun blindingly reflected the freshly fallen snow. The sound of guardsmen commenting about the weather. He wiped his sweating brow, the heat from the braziers under the large pavilion doing a much better job than first estimated. He continued to eye the map looking ever more deeply into it hoping vainly for some hint as to how to defeat his foe.

“Death Knights” the word he unknowingly muttered rolled off his tongue like vomit. An antithesis to his paladins once thought extinct, mainly due to the order’s more secretive work. After all they were a lesser evil and once the greater one perished it was they that became the great evil. It wasn’t hard they were disunited and the paladins used the same precision destruction on the death knights as was visited on them during the outbreaks of heresy. Holy light flickered in palms of his hands as he thought of them, Charon’s Echelon. An apt name Charon being the guide of lost souls across the river Styx. He calmed himself and walked out of his tent.

The guards too well trained paladins of the order saluted as he walked outside the pavilion. They hailed him and followed as he trotted casually down the path being made from constant traffic between rows of tents. As he walked many saluted or ceased all talk in awe of him due to his position and reputation. He wore plate and chain mail armor befitting of a paladin of the order. From the age of five he was trained to in the ways of the paladin, how to fight, how to think, how to heal, and how to kill. It took a long time but through work he ascended the ranks. He never truly broke through the ceiling though until the Battle of the Moorland. There amidst the death and maleficent acts of the Echelon he struggled, struggled greatly. Fought off many an undead , killed scores of death knights, and carried men out of the fray to camp before running back in to save more.

He looked out at the horizon. On it he saw the stone walls of Troyes a quaint provincial capital on the cliffs of the Franconia coastline. His messengers from it had yet to return but he suspected the Duke of Troyes wasn't dumb enough to deny his request. He turned his gaze onto a large war camp, though the one he stood in presently was far larger. There was the Duke of Rueon, Dorian of Sichamps was his name. He too would capitulate for only a fool denied the benefices of the order. There were some who had done so before they all answered to the holy spirit in the end, one way or another. They were either left to deal with domestic strife, to fight the Echelon alone, or mysteriously died at in opportune times.

"Soon" he muttered in his usual gruff voice. He stroked his silver beard while squinting from the glare of the sun off the snow. "Soon we will have new allies for the fight, the fight for the continent. A fight that will tear this continent asunder once more but from the ashes shall arise a new world, a better one. With us the 12 Peers as its protectors and saviors." He was right on one thing the fight would wreck havoc and lay ash to all, but whether or not it was his order standing atop the pile of bodies was yet to be seen. He was righteous but also duplicitous for he had to be. All before him had to be those who weren't died tragic deaths for he was the ruler of the greatest power in Aerworuld. He was Grandmaster Coron Glyndwr the Savior.

The Deal

In the center of the camp where Duke Dorian has encamped his forces, two people were there: Dorian and Count Vespaisen. Last night du Bran from the Twelve Peers had laid out the terms for Dorian to become an affiliate of the Twelve Peers. Now, he could reject the offer. But the Duke of Troyes had apparently refused, as he killed the messenger. Troyes was now an offering for Dorian to join the Twelve Peers.

Compared to the armies of the Echleon, a single independent town probably wasn’t much for them. Especially with the army they brought. Numbering in the thousands, their armor made them a sea of shimmering metal in sun. He could not defeat such a powerful force even if the gods intervened.

Dorian knew what was written on the wall. He was preparing his horse and a small honor guard of Pegasus Knights to ride out to wherever the Grandmaster was in order to accept the offer in person.

Vespaisen was there, knowing that this moment would have probably come at any moment.

“Why such courtesy?” he asked. “I thought you said they were a bunch of donkeys and that Franks can never cooperate with each other?”

“I am fully aware that I am eating my words right now, Vespaisen,” Dorian responded. “And I know how much you were looking forward to this moment.”

“Very true,” Vespaisen remarked casually.

“The Twelve Peers are also very generous with their terms,” Dorian added. “Why should I not show gratitude for that?”

Dorian then got up onto his horse.

“I can’t stay to entertain you, Vespaisen,” Dorian explained. “The guard is waiting for me.”

Dorian, with a whip of his reins, rode off towards the Twelve Peers camp.

--​

A white haired man in plate armor who wore a tabard with the 12 Peer symbol eyed the approaching Duke With a stern look. Once the duke came closer he addressed him. “I am Grandmaster Glyndwr of the 12 Peers. You are the illustrious Duke Dorian of Sichamps I presume.”

“Indeed.” Dorian was a bit surprised with the praise, but his deal hinted at that.

“Well what are your thoughts on little Faeros’ document he brought you?” The grandmaster stood tall with dignity and pride.

“I find the terms to be very generous,” Dorian stated.

“Only because I want to ensure your loyalty and I know another united strike against the aberrations is coming. I don’t want another battle of the moorland.”

Dorian looks around and spreads his arms out before saying, “Given the circumstances and the terms, I would wonder why anyone would refuse such an offer.”

Looking menacingly at the gates of Troyes he replied, “You’d be surprised.”

Dorian took some time to think before replying, “Desperation can lead to odd choices.”

“I’m in agreeance yet I haven’t had a direct answer from you as of yet Duke Dorian.”

“That is why I am here. I accept your deal, Grandmaster Glyndwr.”

A faint smile touched the grandmaster’s lips “well then I respectfully welcome you into our fold. Don’t worry you’ll be sovereign its more of a league or coalition than anything else.” Apparently he’s had to explain that a few too many times based off how instinctually he commented.

“Thank you very much,” Dorian replied. “And what about Troyes?”

Grandmaster Glyndwr looked out at the city whose ruler had so recently insulted him by killing the messenger. “It’ll still be left on the map, on that cliff though is another matter.”

Blood of the Apostle
darion+mograine+copy+cosadpy.jpg

It’s cold here Darion thought to himself. Why is it so cold in the middle of summer? He moved lethargically through leaning against the trees. He could hear the sounds of his followers dying in the background being strung up by thugs hired by some group of Senators back home in the Ansteorran Republic, or the King of Franconia, or even a random band of the latest heretic cult. So many wanted him dead. It wasn’t he who proposed those of the apostle’s blood should be rulers, he publicly denounced it even, one of the reasons he has lasted so long.

Darion tripped on a cypress knee sticking out of the muck. With a splash he fell to his knees amidst the tall grasses of the swamp. It hurts so much He grasped his shoulder as blood poured from a hatchet head embedded into it. Mosquitos and other bugs buzzed around him, but Darion made little effort to swat them away as he needn’t waste the energy soon he would be all theirs. Sulphur from the swamp gases filled his nostrils with a disgusting smell of spoiled eggs.

I only preached peace and love just as my forefather. I only wanted to cease all the killing so we could all at least tolerate that we had different views. He scoffed at himself in his final moments. A pipedream at best. The wounded prophet looked up toward the sky with its looming dark clouds. What was it all for spirit? Are you even real do we just kill one another for lies, was everything learnt and taught just a farce created by a madman and spread by evil ambitious men? Men who sought to use a good message only for their own selfish means, to subjugate and conquer those who dared hope that out there the holy spirit was real and did love us. That something loved us.

Through clenched teeth, and eyes whose tears drug the top layer dust and grime that encrusted his face down his cheeks, “why god?” He paused in sorrow “Why have you forsaken us who served with full faith filled hearts? What test is this that is so great to cause such horror? I may be as an infant asking the mechanics of some great marvel of engineering to you, but I still want to know!” An arrow stuck in his back and he coughed up blood.

Knowing it was time and his questions would be unanswered he still did the only thing ever knew to do. Raising his arms out to the sky not willing to prostrate himself in subservience before his attackers he prayed. “Holy spirit, or whoever deliver me from the hands of my enemies.” With that he closed his eyes has the splashing of one of the goons who had attacked him and his disciples came closer.

He waited long but did not feel the blade strike. He felt the pain in his shoulder, the blood running down his body from it, and the cold it caused him despite how he sweated from the heat. He felt the breeze from the looming storm, the water that he squatted in, and the tall grass waving against him. He heard nothing though the sounds of massacre and the elations of those committing it has disappeared. “Open your eyes” came a voice that felt both comforting and terrifying.

“I’m scared” he said in a hoarse voice. He felt the presence of someone next to him perhaps his savior or another who merely wanted to toy with Darion before killing him.

“Open them...” came the voice, and this time Darion obeyed.

Darion awoke from his slumber. As a death knight he rarely needed sleep but it was still necessary at times. He felt more tired though from the memory though titillated that is all it was. It wasn’t 951 but 1582 though he still had a few problems to deal with now as well. Walking to the basin of water he saw his reflection in its surface. Darion, Commander Darion of Chaorn’s Echelon, looked nearly the same as the day he died. His face was of a man in his late twenties perhaps early thirties. He had a short brown beard and medium length hair to go with it. His glowed blue though a sure sign he was a death knight.

He was staying in Vlora the small home of the Echelons allies, a tribe of Gollic Drow. They weren’t as friendly as once before since the Echelon didn’t protect them from the attack by the warlord Dalius Blackmaw but to put it how Suvut Imants Zile did, ‘fuck em’. The 12 Peers were the far greater threat and his generals were right he should execute Sevag if he ever finds that paladin because the man managed to hold them off for far too long.

Strapping on his newly repaired armor he walked out of the room the drow elder offered him to stay in and down the way toward where his generals met. It didn’t take long as they hadn’t set the war room up far from their commander. Walking into the room he noticed how none of them were there yet for the meeting. He already imagined it though after all he only had Suvuts Imants, Sampo, and Marshal Augustas. Imants was drinking some new poison, as that’s the only thing that could get an undead like him drunk; Sampo was probably diligently drilling troops; and Augustas reminiscing with one of the village elders about how things were back in their days.

Looking at the map he began to calculate their next move. We’ve blocked off that mad lich from taking anything on this side of the Montenegrin mountains, and he can have the rest of Blackmaw’s lands. Our spies still haven’t found his phylactery with that under control we can control him like most every other lich that wakes up thinking he owns the whole region every half century. I have to give him one thing he hid it quite well. Scanning down toward the south of the Aerworuld map he contemplated on that as well. The loss of Vae’frue is a series issue, luckily Irior got nearly a thousand slaves to be sent and trained at Scholomance from them first. Still that means those twelve peer affiliates are left uncontested by us perhaps a small squad to wreck havoc in the area and sow discord? It’ll have to be run by Sampo he’s more experienced with long range reconnaissance and raids.

Atleast Xatir is proving a competent ally especially seeing how the Archlich’s subordinates only inform us of Damiyo Izumo Orianna’s enhanced and rapidly expedite dive into paranoia. He traced over the area of Almania with an X indicating where the witche hunter/ warlock epidemic started. Those death knights we sent are new and probably over enthusiastic. Luckily with the more experienced ones leading them they can run a proper defense against this after all I saw it once before. This time it won’t be the 12 Peers stepping in to save the day and be falsely hailed heroes. Hopefully I’m wrong but should that situation escalate further I’m sending the order to eradicate the fanatics. With or without the consent of Xatir, her lands are used to constant fighting anyway so she’ll get over it if a little special operations war erupts all over Almania.

He stood hunched over the map like this for nearly an hour before his generals arrived. As always he met them with a cold stare gained from an extended time amongst the world and amongst the dead. His emotions weren’t so much deceased but drained from too many experience. Still he had lead the echelon for nearly three hundred years without incident until the coalition’s unlawful invasion of their Slavonia, the Dead Lands. For he was Darion Ricon commander of Charon’s Echelon, and last descendent of the great apostle.

Dead Lands Campaign: by Fendragur Calinhad
paladin_by_neoartcore-d6th824.jpg

PART 1: Set up

The Battle of the Moorland as many know is considered by many contemporary sources the start of the war between the 12 Peers and Charon’s Echelon. Personally I hold that it happened before that with the invasion of the coalition as the last twenty odd years of bloody stalemate have shown that Charon’s Echelon simply view themselves as protectors of the Dead Lands. This coupled with the fact such a large force met the united armies of the coalition means that Charon’s Echelon had spent the first few months of the coalition’s campaign rallying this massive army. First though we need an overview of the parties involved.

Coalition - The coalition was a collection of different nations which had total or near total control of their respective regions of Aerworuld. Each had something to gain from joining in this fight and it will be mentioned in their individual sections what that was.

1.Ansteorran Republic - Based out of Ansteorra the republic is the oldest nation of humanity. From out of this area the senate of Ansteorra stretched out earning control of all Latmium making it an incredibly powerful force. Their reason for joining was economic, the Senators of Ansteorra had depleted the treasury substantially trying to outdo one another with great civil works for the public. In order to stay afloat the Republic began taking out loans the majority being from the banks of the Twelve Peers who always been most generous and forgiving of debt towards the senators. When the time of Coalition came the massive debt of unpaid loans was hung over the heads of the senate; they joined with the agreement all debts would be removed giving the Republic a clean slate.

2.Trimaris Shogunate - One of the most unique cultures of the continent is that of the Orienta;s, once a minority from some far off land they managed to breed and spread like rabbits. From the capital of Trimairs the shogunate owned the provinces of Trimaris, Tsu, Izumo, Niigata, and Tajimi. The shogunate was never on friendly terms with the twelve peers. Mainly due to the shogunate’s massive drive to remove all traces of the more frankish peoples of the Orient. Thanks to the twelve peers though many of its pogroms and genocides had been stopped, and no shogun ever managed to drive off the predominantly Gaullic Twelve Peers. In order to get the samurai to join they helped the shogun kill off several of his rivals and ensured he had a more secure position than any shugon before him. In return he promised military support to the coalition.

3.High Kingdom of Geleann-Abhann - the Gleannics for all their infamous reputation as bloodthirsty headhunters, though well earned, were extremely religious. Many of the Twelve Peer’s monasteries were kept in the region of Wilderana. The clerical arm of the Twelve Peers was extremely influential in this region and managed to convince the King of Gleann-Abhann, who ruled all of Wilderana, to join the coalition in an almost crusade like fashion.

4.Kingdom of Bran - they were quite weak actually from the loss of the Branic Expedition meant to arrive on Merdianus to fight the Farl on their home turf just a decade before hand. Perhaps the greatest reason for joining was that many of the nobility’s sons and daughters were members. Franconia is were the last iteration of the peers has sprung up, and where many were kept around underground before reemerging. This means left the nobles of Bran almost unanimously shouting for the aims of the twelve peers with their coalition of nations.

5.Kingdom of Ealdormere - making up the provinces of Ealdormere, Hjertling, Toftlunf, Streuer, Hvalspund, and Viborg. As is true today the warriors of Ealdholm were only matched in their fierceness by the Gelannics to their north. Being promised a large amount of Northeastern Dead Lands the king of Ealdormere agreed to joining the coalition. It is good for otherwise the forces of Gleann-Abhann and Bran would have had much more difficulty reaching the borders of the Dead LAnds, hence why the King of Ealdomere managed to acquire land for cooperating in the invasion.

6.Al-Maghreb League - working much like how the coalition - and the modern affiliations of the 12 Peers and Charon’s Echelon - this was a collection of states within the Outlands. These states being North Tangiers, Fez, Ksar el Kibar, and the capital of Oran. Their reason for this is that their ally, the city state of Suebon, had recently become under attack by hordes of mindless undead. It seemed reasonable for them to join another coalition which would allow them to remove such threats for good.

7.Theocracy of Khabaro - extremely devout the High Priestess of Khabarov asked the council of clerics if they should join in removing the unholy undeads from the world. It was a unanimous vote from the council consisting of equal quantity of Shaat’ari, Rangari, and Exodaran draenei. Doing this also improved relations with Latmium who was a member of the coalition and had a long standing lust for the Caennis province in the Sabine delta.

8.Dark Horde - perhaps the easiest to convince to join was the Dark Horde a collection of Urak-hai clans. Due to this being abridged version we won’t go over the names of each individual clan here and just say the provinces this state had the most influence in; Bladefist Hold as the capital, Shadowhammer, Neenurgosh, Zaagus, Cradurdor, Mokzok, and Wolfripper. The warchief was bribed into joining with a sum of one thousand gold, though he accepted this he also wanted to test his mettle against the undead having apparently done several forays into the western mountains of the Dead Lands.

9.Teifland - this limited democracy was built up from the warlocks who betrayed Ur’va during the demon invasion and kept the lands the Almanii horse people had lost. Their lands consisted of the provinces of Omnigovi, Qyzylorda, Astana, Zhambyl, Aqtobe, eastern Navoiy, Atyrau, and northern Bojnurd. Obviously not the most well liked nation in Aerworuld they needed allies in order to survive. Though they had managed for the last few centuries it was an uphill battle with two steps forward and one step back. Joining the coalition ensured a chance to form greater alliances with their neighbors, and link up with the 12 Peers’ rather affluent satellite known as the North Sea Trade Company. In fact they are the only ones besides the Kingdom of Bran to ask if they may join.

10.Tinnu Torphen - meaning Twilight Forest in the Drowish tongue, was simply the powerful city state of Tinnu. The twilight city had spread its influence through military might, gold, but more importantly intrigue. Convincing them to assist with their famed archers and assassins was hardest, luckily the 12 Peers with help from other coalition members managed to blackmail just enough of the city leaders to agree into joining and assisting. True they could have intimidated the Drow in theory but history often shows the Drow to be to arrogant for that to work, besides their conniving race respects intrigue more than anything else.

11.Twelve Peers - The spearhead of the coalition. The Twelve Peers had often spent much time as an invisible empire throughout the world. They had chapter houses for their military in every major human settlement; monasteries strewn across the lands of man and draenei, thief guilds gathering all manner of information; the second largest merchant republic (North Sea Trading Company) under their thumb; many disparate Drow tribes such as the Elbuathinean and Gromeran as affiliates; their prestigious dwarven bank, which also won some allegiance with the survives hill dwarfs; and of course their accepting of sons from nobles who didn’t stand to gain any inheritance gave them immense political power. We won’t speak of their rise in this book, look for my series The Rebirth if you want that. Their aim was to take ownership or near ownership of the Dead Lands with it they would turn the land into one of the living again whilst having an important strategic location for their invisible empire in which they’d be able to influence the rest of the world, into maintaining a peaceful coexistence These motives weren’t as well known at the time in order to keep the more ambitious or free spirited coalition members in line.

Drachenwald Pact - I must say this section has been the hardest to gain information on, yet we have managed to somehow prevail to a minor extent. It has been speculated that this counter coalition was formed in the middle of the Dead Lands campaign, a majority of scholars agreeing it was after the sacking of Zvolen. The reason being is after the Zvolen no longer were we meeting bettered armed undead but just the usual mindless hordes, which at the time none of us knew that there was such a thing as willful undead - undead retaining sentience. First contact with this pact happened near Ragusa as a minor skirmish, but there were more major battles at Ostrava, and Brno the following weeks.

1.Three Tribes - Gollic Drow tribes which were allowed to live peacefully and under the protection of Charon’s Echelon as affiliates within the Dead Lands. This constituted the Eriladar in the West between the settlements of He’vun and Zilina; Roshae in the far north along the Eadlholm border; and the Aluua next to Vlora. These Drow offered a considerable amount of annoyance to our forces for the first few months after meeting with them for they purposely gave false information as guides as to the quickest and safest routes to travel.

2.Living Slovic - just like with the Dark Horde, I won’t name every single tribe, hamlet, warlord, and chieftain that comprise this broad group; it would take far too long. These are the descendants of those that managed to survive the great plague by hiding in the mountains or deep in the wilderness. They struggled immensely I imagine until making a deal with the Echeloneans, who fought off the mindless undead. This allowed the living to grow more powerful, thus giving Charon’s Echelon a hefty favor owed which was collected. It didn’t help either that the Gleannics weren’t balking at killing the living Slovics just as cruelly as the unliving ones.

3.Willful Undead - apparently there are two types of undead the mindless - which are the ones whose shambling hordes occasionally trounce about the borderlands - and the willful. Being sentient they seemed to have just carried on their lives close to what it use to be, crafting, trading, and fighting. As best as we can surmise they retained their cultural identities through death, including the vice of being extremely decentralized barbarians. Charon’s Echelon seems to have done with them the same as the living Slovics by protecting them from mindless undead and ensuring there is more peace than war. These all joined the Echelon Pact out of desire not to be treated to a genocide.

4.Ashtong Clan - It is unknown why the urak-hai of the Ashtong clan helps Charon’s Echelon but their sudden obsession with death a few centuries back might be an indicator as to when they joined. Either way it was quite the surprise for the coalition when they saw large blocks of red skinned urak-hai amongst the dead’s ranks. Even more so was the Dark Horde who never knew the Ashtong had such numbers, meaning that they must have had a sister clan living in the Dead Lands for some time under Echelonean supervision.

5.The Lichlord League - just as mages have often formed their own cliques with political agendas so too did these lichs. In the Dead Lands , as we know from credible Suebon source, every few generations a lich wakes up from their slumber and attempts to take control of the mindless undead in order to carve out a fiefdom of their own. It is known that only knowing the true name a lich had in life, or possessing their phylactery, one can fully enslave a lich. It would appear that is what Charon’s Echelon did because a large abundance of lichs were suddenly awakened gathering mass amounts of mindless undead as cannon fodder. Luckily most had their bodies destroyed at the battle of the Moorland, meaning it will take some time for them to come into play again.

6.Kar Daron - Hill dwarfs from the far western reaches of the Montenegrin Mountains. They are sandwiched between the Eriladar tribe and Ashtong clan. Their mountain home has felt the brunt of many of the Dark Horde’s attempted forays into the Dead Lands, being in a key nexus of passes. They joined out of a sense of self preservation knowing that they needed help due to the fact that the Dark Horde would most likely try to break through their home, especially with Teifland offering magical assistance.

7.Charon’s Echelon - truly what greater surprise could there be than that death knights still existed. It was thought that the rulers of the world had thoroughly extinguished them, but the same was thought of the paladins at one point. It seems they are a martial order who focuses on preserving the balance of power in the Dead Lands. Naturally a massive invasion force would spark their ire. Just like in the stories from the heresy wars they were extremely effective in fighting us, and managed to pull a large army together which proved victorious ending the Dead Lands campaign. There are fallible though as they had been unable to win the war for the last twenty years with their most recent, though successful, campaign outside of their borders being fifteen years ago.

End Part 1

Last edited:
city_of_the_dwarfs_by_jjpeabody-d583a0u.jpg

PART 2: Assault

The first phase of the Dead Lands campaign was breaking through into the region itself. It had plenty of natural barriers in the south with mountains and rivers. The northern half was more open but dense forests, marshland, and worse the thicker hordes of mindless undead littered the area.

It took almost a year just to plan the logistics and strategy of the ambitious campaign. The whole thing edged on being able to make it through the wilderness and gain quick control of the mountain passes in order to have unhindered supply routes through the Montenegrin Mountain range which took up a large part of the Dead Lands. The issue with that is that involved taking over Kar Duran a powerful fortress of the Hill Dwarfs of the region who had redirected and carved out many of the Mountain passes to act as roads leading to their home.

Being closest to the Kar Duran and having experience trying to take it the Dark Horde took on this task and was accompanied by the forces of Tiefland, forming the Western Front. Al-Maghreb, Tinnu, and Khabaro would strike as the southern front pushing the large horde of mindless undead around Suebon back; it would take some time for all their forces to gather though. The eastern front was comprised of the Twelve Peers, Trimaris, Ansteorra, and Bran; who would try and maneuver through the dense wilderness into the heart of the Dead Lands. Finally, and who would prove first to start their campaign, is the Northern Front built up of Gleann-Abhann and Ealdomere.

What separates this phase from the others is when fighting with the Drachenwald Pact irrefutably occurs. Meaning that this stage ends at the sacking of Zvolen. Important to note this stage doesn’t have any great military acts as its mainly fighting hordes of mindless or weak congregations of sentient undead and living locals that are simply in the way. This makes it to most the boring part of the campaign to read. Still we will go over the highlights briefly and stamp dates going from one campaign front to the other ending in a list of the chronology of when these major events happened.

jdKc0oI.jpg

Map of Phase 1 of the Dead Lands Campaign.

Northern Front
Lead by the joint forces of High King Blámhac Mac Abhann of Gleann-Abhann and King Spjälle Östbergson of Ealdomere. They had been the first to muster and rally their forces quickly with Gleann-Abhann having been invited to the coalition early and the Ealdomerens being exceptionally quick to rally in general. Arriving at the Dead Lands’ borders just Southeast of the settlement of Viborg, the kings made short term campaign plans and rested their troops.

1.First Contact - the battle of first contact happened in March 3, 1560 P.A. this battle was incredibly small and accounted for little other than a marking spot for when the Northern front crossed the border and killed their first gaggle of mindless undead. It also allowed the soldiery to get used to the idea there won't be much looting, nor will their foes stay down easily.

2.Levic - the raid on Levic was quick and brutal. This occurred on March 28, 1560 P.A. Many soldiers reported the undead behaving strangely human like in action but this was chalked up as nonsense by the higher ups. The Prolesian village was burnt entirely to the ground. Luckily they found that the farmland had plenty of wild grain for extra supplies, then they marched South.

3.Trnava - They managed to reach Trnava another settlement infested with undead on April 13-14, 1560 P.A. The two kings begin to argue whether or not they should move South to help take the crucial passes of the Montenegrin Mountains or move East into the heart of the Dead Lands. They instead decide they’ll move North again to clear out any other undead hordes in the area seeing how supply trains were going missing. The assault itself was simply a repeat of Levic, but with more casualties from arrow fire.

4.Little Bend - During June 1, 1560 P.A. the Western Front found itself bogged down by surprisingly a tribe of living Prolisians, accompanied by a regiment of Netrasians. The massive force of the two kingdoms weren’t prepared to be attacked by anyone with tactical sense nor the living, especially while still in marching formation. The Ealdomerens formed a shield wall to ward off the javelin throws and the Gleannics simply surged forward in a frenzy forcing the attackers back, killing a lot for the Slovics were too stubborn to retreat.

5.Zvolen - After an even longer bout of debate the two kings agreed to pushing East instead after hearing news that Kar Duran had fallen finally. September 21, 1560 P.A. the Northern Front moved East attacking Zvolen from the South. For whatever reason there were less undead here than in Levic or Trnava, those remaining all wearing armor and wielding good weaponry. The undead held their position on the town walls leaving the two kings no other choice but to do a full on assault. Upon success after losing more men than anticipated they looted what they could and burnt the whole town to the ground to clear out any remaining undead.

Western Front
Warlock Parvat Nergüi had linked up with the Dark Horde under Warchief Orgug Balckfist March 5th, 1560 P.A. The two did not get along well, neither did their soldiers. Parvat was a high ranking warlock, and those noble, of Tiefland so he felt Orgug should be beholden to him. The warchief felt that the Tiefling was too inexperienced and arrogant to lead any force properly, unlike the warchief who had earned his ranking rather than be gifted it. Either way they marched onward to take over Kar Duran and through it the nexus of the intricate passes that flowed through the massive mountain range.

1.Goi’tor - embarrassingly the skirmish of Gor’tor, in March 17 1560 P.A., was an instance of the Tieflings and Urak-hai getting into an altercation with each other. Several hundred troops of the Western Front had been wounded with a couple dozen killed in the brawl. After which many of the officers were demoted with cooler more strict heads put in charge.

2.Halcaer Burrow - April 13, 1560 P.A. the first major battle with the dwarfs of Kar Daron begins. The fight is particularly brutal against the dwarfs with their advantage of the hill. A good amount of the fighting bleeds into a area filled with burial burrows which causes quite a bit of confusion. The Halcaer Burrow area had hills, and burrows with Dwarfs held up in them, the sun in the Coalition forces faces, and other issues such as an inability of the Tieflings and Urak-hai to cooperate making their massive numbers the only reason for winning.

3.Kar Daron - The siege of Kar Duran took from April 23 - September 5th. Like most hill dwarf fortress it was unclear where the mountain ended and the settlement began; with half of it being built into the hills and cliffs of the area. Inside was the intersection of Kar Duran’s passes and an intricate mapping of the mountain passes and paths. It was unsure who would win the siege. With the Dark Horde and Tiefland armies only able to form up on one side of the fortress this allowed the dwarfs to move supplies freely in and out of the city and gather more soldiers. Finally after months of work Warlock Pavart managed to devise a way with his fellow warlocks to blast open the strong Dwarven gates allowing the Dark Horde and Tiefland infantry to move in.

4.Eluvidale - Having successfully occupied Kar Duran the two armies segregated with Tieflings clearing the Northern branch of mountain paths and the Urak-hai forcing their way through the eastern branch. The largest battle of the Massacre of Eluvidale where the Tiefland forces attacked an unsuspecting town of defenseless Gollic Drow who were all killed or enslaved. This would end up sparking a massive campaign of Guerrilla attacks on all Coalition forces not just by the attacked Erilidar tribe but all the Gollic tribes of the Dead Lands.

Southern Front
The archer regiments from Tinnu were slow to react to the summons, and even slower to arrive at the prescribed location. Theocratic Kabaro managed to get troops to the location first and immediately began consecrating the area and setting up prayer sites as their war clerics ordered. Next had been the forces of Al-Magreb League, in waves based on the distance the separate league members. Finally on July 2 1560 P.A. did the forces of Tinnu arrive. Upon their arrival the leaders of the forces met. War Cardinal Nobunaras leading the Khabaro army, General Ashraf Hasin of Al-Maghreb, and Ranger-General Lydesa from Tinnu Torphen. Their meeting together was little more than Nobunaras and Ashraf informing Lydesa on the plan they had already devised together, thanks to the Drow taking so long to arrive.

1.Hamagedon -On July 19, 1560 P.A. passing through Suebon the Southern Front learns of a large horde of undead gathering lethargically on the plains of Hamagedon just a dozen kilometers North of the holy city. The Southern Front move quickly and despite their differences work well together. The Drow provided the bulk of ranged support, the Maghreban forces who were mostly cavalry smashed into the undead again and again, whilst the Draenei unleashed an array of holy magic upon the scourges. Though this horde seemed to just be another random gathering of mindless undead they are also spontaneous in whether or not they’ll go aggressive, killing anything that moves.

2.The Stone Outpost - The undead horde was being pushed into away by the Coalition for several days. On August 1, 1560 P.A. the Southern Front eradicated another large contingent of undead at the ruins of an old fort. Having considered the situation, without Kar Duran taken they could not safely travel any of the passes nor cold they attempt to snake through the mountain pathways to attack Kar Duran with so many undead filling the area. The Southern Front instead claim the ruin as their base of operations in the Suebon Province and name it Fort Hope.

3.The Forsaken Valley - Leaving a quarter of their forces at Fort Hope to secure supply lines, the Southern Front moves north into a massive valley. They are soon trapped there by a rockslide which they attempt to removes whilst simultaneously looking for another way out. They remained in the valley from August 19 - September 7, 1560 P.A.

Eastern Front
This was the final front to begin its campaign, starting in September 2, 1560 P.A. The reason being how long it took to gather and organize the large forces of the remaining coalition members. Leading these forces where Grandmaster Cédric Gardet of the Twelve Peers. Under him leading their respective nations’ armies were; Consul Ilario Campodonico of the Ansteorran Republic; Prince Engerand du Bran of the Kingdom of Bran; and Shogun Kawabata Takakazu.

1.Egon March - September 4, 1560 P.A. the Eastern Front marched into the Dead Lands almost instantly coming into conflict with a contingent of mindless undead along a section of frontier the outdated maps called Egon March. They swat away the undead with ease and continue to move parallel to the vast marshland of the central Dead Lands.

2.Vojtech Orchard - Skirting the wilderness for the sake of retaining a sound supply line they are assailed by a group of Hai raiders at an section of forest brimming with apple trees.The Hai are beat back but the leaders are left clueless as to why there were Urak-hai on this side of the Dead Lands. This happened September 10, 1560 P.A.

3.Tall Field - The ambush of Tall field happened at noon on September 14, 1560 P.A. It is unknown who caused it but massive amounts of casualties were sustained from a barrage of arrows and magic from the direction of the vast marshland. Though scouts were sent and mages scried they were unable to figure out who had attacked them. This left the Grandmaster furious but the Eastern Front moved on North, keeping greater distance from the marshes.

4.Bromon Grove - coming across an old druidic sanctuary the armies set up camp and rest. On September 20, 1560 P.A. during a massive downpour a horde of undead swarm the war camp, but is able to be thwarted.

Chronology of Events
  1. First Contact March 3, 1560 P.A.
  2. Gor’tor March 17 1560 P.A.,
  3. Raid on Levic March 28, 1560 P.A.
  4. Battle of Halcaer Burrow April 13, 1560 P.A.
  5. Battle of Little Bend April 13-14, 1560 P.A.
  6. Start of Kar Duran Siege April 23, 1560 P.A.
  7. Raid on Trnava June 1, 1560 P.A.
  8. Hamegedon July 19, 1560 P.A.
  9. The Stone Outpost August 1, 1560 P.A.
  10. Entering Forsaken Valley August 19, 1560 P.A.
  11. Egon March September 4, 1560 P.A.
  12. End of Kar Duran Siege September 5, 1560 P.A.
  13. Leaving Forsaken Valley September 7, 1560 P.A.
  14. Vojtech Orchard September 10, 1560 P.A.
  15. Tall Field September 14, 1560 P.A.
  16. Bromon Grove September 20 1560 P.A.
  17. Sack of Zvolen September 21, 1560 P.A.

End Part2

A New
Love

b71e5314c2d96dc6b4acd9df03af5146.jpg

King Matamelcan Soler was leading yet another siege and had just killed or captured all remaining defenders, when a beautiful Drow woman, the Leader of the village of Vyril, Sabrae Abravar, came out to surrender herself. Her beauty was of such a magnitude, he could not even dare to imprison her. Instead of doing so, he lead her to a tent next to that of his own and gave her a lot of freedom. He was in love...

A week or so later he visited her in that tent . She had made herself at home. He had long discussions with her. It ended in a fiery lovemaking and a bothside declaration of Peace and Love to eachother. When they stepped out of the tent, she did so as Queen, no longer a prisoner ....

(King Matamelcan Soler is now engaged to Sabrae Abravar)

6cec5e4d7cc857c61cacfd415e858f93.jpg

PART 3: Moorland

With the fall of both Kar Duran and Zvolen’s sacking it left inhabitants of the Dead Lands with the fear of certain annihilation, I’m sure of it. More clearly this phase is marked heavily by a more coherent and unified resistance against the marching armies. It is also the first phase of the war when the armies actual suffer defeats though they do end up all joining forces together for the march on Drachenwald.

This phase was considerably longer as the fighting took place through Autumn and Winter leaving many of the armies to slow down their marches due to whether and logistical concerns. I would speculate that many of these battles were simply delaying tactics by the Drachenwald Pact, and the Coalition’s blindness to the cohesiveness and intelligence of their foe had become far too relaxed in their movements.

As many say, in hindsight if the Coalition hadn’t taken so much time to group up they might not have had to face such a large foe at the Battle of the Moorland, or better it could have been avoided and they’d just taken Drachenwald. This isn’t about ‘what ifs’ and ‘might ofs’ though; This is about what did happen for as always by its very nature hindsight is useless.

AdqmUKd.jpg

Map of Phase 2 of the Dead Lands Campaign [Blue is Northern Front; Orange Western Front; Green Southern Front; Yellow Eastern Front; Cyan United Front].

Northern Front
For consistency we’ll start with the Northern Front lead by High King Blámhac Mac Abhann of Gleann-Abhann and King Spjälle Östbergson of Ealdomere. Last we saw these two they had spent much of their portion of the campaign arguing over which direction to march. After all the Gleannics and Ealdomerens have a nasty history of near constant conflict with each other. A vast majority of their issues were dealing with raids on their supply lines which slowed down their large army considerably. Worse off they found themselves quickly dealing with strings of mass murder in their camps with men drained off their blood completely. Beyond that little resistance was met leaving only two battles of note.

1.Netra - October 31 - November 19, 1560 P.A. the siege of Netra began. Though the Northern Front could easily have overtaken the large village they felt it better not to waste troops as the village itself was almost entirely living Slovics. It also allowed them to focus on the supply raids more than before.

2.Ruins of Koschel - At the fall of Netra they march East coming across a set of ruins named Koschel. Here little resistance is met as they simply wait out the winter amongst the empty stone structure. From November 25, 1560 P.A. - March 19, 1561 P.A. they wintered until being called to meet up at a set of coordinates on the map to unite the four fronts.

Western Front
This front is the one which suffered the most setbacks during the second phase of the campaign. The chief reasons were as follows; dividing their forces to explore the mountain pass network; misinformation given by local guides who viewed the Coalition forces as cruel invaders; said locals also put up massive guerilla resistance; and finally the snowfall in the mountains once winter hit.

1.Devil’s Pass - October 15, 1560 P.A. The name the dwarves gave it was Thul Dhuvheysh, but the Urak-hai called it by its translated name. It was a Dwarf bridge over a collapsed cave ceiling, which meant a long fall into an area with rather tall stalagmites. A natural pitfall.The stone bridge was sturdy and wide but they soon found themselves accosted by crossbow fire from the other side of the bridge, as well as burning barrels of tar and oils being rolled down toward them. After all there were plenty of small settlements littered throughout the mountains especially for the Dwarfs, and though Kar Duran had fallen the war was still on for them. The Dark Horde though managed push through and drive off the small band of Dwarven guerillas.

2.Bumlodir - November 1, 1560 P.A. Warchief Orgug Blackfist lead a large detachment of his Dark Horde against a dwarf settlement set up in the passes. In it were both Dwarfs and a contingent of undead, as well as necromancers. The worst news at the time was how the forbidden school of magic still existed. Though it makes sense seeing how if there were still living Slovics there would still too be necromancers for that type of mage had thrived in the region before the plague.

3.Sunstone Pass - November 19, 1560 P.A. With the Dark Horde moving through the Eastern branch of the mountain paths the Teifland forces under Warlock Pavart Nergüi move along the Northern paths. They gain guides from local Drow and follow them wanting a direct route out of the mountains to link up with the Northern Front. They run into issues at an underground pass through a massive quartz cave. There they are assaulted by Gollic Drows who do precision strikes killing Tiefling officers, such as their warlocks, Pavart himself was killed leaving his second in command Arkrius Tsukino, his apprentice.

4.Betrayl - December 8, 1560 P.A. Warchief Orgug had fallen back to the Western Front’s headquarters of Kar Duran but a third of his forces still explored deeper into the mountain range lead by their Gollic Drow guides, who had been paid a substantial fee for their services. This was a mistake as the Urak-Hai had no idea that Pavart had angered the Drow at Eluvidale, seeing how both army leaders refused to speak to one another. The Erilidar Drow had lead the Uark-Hai into a small depression where they could camp ‘safely’ during winter. Instead a large force of Drow, Dwarfs, and Slovics began to rain arrows, bolts, and boulders down on the Urak’hai in their vulnerable position, forcing them to retreat blindly into one of the mountain passes.

5.Frozen Pass - December 14, 1560 P.A. to January 21 1561 P.A.. The Dark Horde forces soon became trapped by the snow drifts in the upper Montenegrin Mountain range and were left suppliless in on plateau they soon named the Frozen Pass. Much of their forces died from starvation and hypothermia. After the snow began to melt thanks to freak warm front they joined up with the rest of the Dark Horde army informing their warchief of the betrayal. Orgug Blackfist quickly tortured the Drow guides as punishment.

6.Retaliation - December 25, 1560 P.A. Also known as the second battle of Eluvidale. The battle of Retaliation was a cunning trap laid out by the vengeful Eriladar Drow. Their druidic nature magic while at first doing exceptionally well to the Tiefling ranks soon proved unable to combat the destructive force of the demonic fire magic the warlocks held. The tide was turned and the Drow were forced to retreat.

7.Zilina - December 31, 1560 P.A. With the mountain passes becoming increasingly harder to navigate and move through thanks to the Winter snows the Tiefland forces temporarily under control of Arkrius Tsukino did a forced march through the snow drifts and rammed into the walls of Zilina. It was here they finally realized that there were not so mindless undead about. The settlement put up a surprising defense despite the skeleton crew left to hold it. Still by the end of the day it had fallen, with a moderate amount of Tiefland casualties. After which the Tiefland army tried to resupply as best they could and rested until eventually linking up with Warchief Orgug later on towards the end of winter. While wintering orders came in from the Warlock council in Omnigovi to relinquish command to Warlock Chekad Govewala, seeing how Arkrius Tsukino was still just an apprentice.

8.Vjss Fjord - February 17, 1561 P.A. This battle was a pincer strike from several willful undead with Gollic’s acting with ranged support. Their force was incredibly small compared to the full might of the Dark Horde army, though they were using the narrowness of the battlefield to counteract this. Still the Urak-hai proved the victors with their undead assailants doing a full retreat. After this the Dark Horde forces met no more resistance in the Montenegrin Mountain range and eventually linked up with the forces of Tiefland.

Southern Front
While the Western Front had more battles the Southern Front had larger and bloodier ones than all the others. After having spent a large amount of time unable to continue moving North through the Forsaken Valley the Southern Front managed to find a pass leading them East then North into the highlands around the Sabine River section in this area.

1.Ragusa - September 12, 1560 P.A. To their immense surprise the Southern Front is confronted at the village of Ragusa by a contingent of Slovics mixed with Gollic Drow from the Aluua tribe, undead necromancers, and Ashtong Urak-hai. It was little more than skirmish between the defenders and the vanguard for once the main army arrived they fled East.

2.Narrows - September 15, 1560 P.A. the Southern Front attempted to march across the Sabine River at a spot called the Narrows. They were met though by heavy resistance from both the forces fought at Ragusa, and reinforcements from Ostrava which was their target. Despite their significant numbers the forces of Ostrava had prepared with an array of siege equipment who laid down a thick blanket of artillery fire upon the Coalition forces as they attempted to cross.

3.Sanguine Pasture - September 26, 1560 P.A. After being forced to fallback and stay in the Southern side of the river the united forces of Tinnu Torphen, Khabaro, and Al-Maghreb came into conflict again. This time it was in a stretch of land covered in a red tinted vegetation, thus why the soldiers gave it the name Sanguine Pasture. Here they were hit by a force of Mahnusian jinetes coming South out of the foot hills, and Aluua rangers with Waldesian light infantry from the West. The ensuing battle has a lot of contradictions as to what exactly happened but what is known is that the Southern Front won the battle but took almost one thousand casualties.

4.Bloody River - October 1, 1560 P.A. Having driven off the enemy at the Sanguine Pasture the Southern Front moves north toward a section of the Southern Sabine river which was just as easy to cross as the Narrows. Here they were met with the same resistance as they were at the Narrows though. Still the Coalition forces hunkered down and kept pushing forth. ‘Once more into the breach’ was the most commonly given order that day as much of the fighting between the Ostrosian forces and the Southern Front was in the waist deep waters of the Sabine River. With incredible luck the Southern Front’s few mages managed to take out some of the enemy artillery allowing them to focus more on the enemy units. The magical bombardments and lack of missile support forced the Ostrosians back. By the end of the battle the Southern Front had lost 2300 troops, they didn’t bother to count their enemies dead.

5.Ostrava - October 16 P.A. By forcing the Ostrosian army to do a full retreat it gave the Southern Front both a much needed respite, and more importantly the large amount of enemy artillery that was left behind in the retreat. This was put to great use as it tore down the walls of Ostrava. Once Ostrava was defeated the Southern Front marched into the town and killed all kicked all the remaining inhabitants out to start for the winter whilst the Coalition rested there to recoup their strength. Later on they would meet up and join the other Coalition forces at Skopje.

Eastern Front
The Eastern Front went very much like how the Western Front had done. They moved slowly and spent a long time wintering at Brno once they took it. afterwards though they did come into conflict with several undead forces in the area along their march. These fights weren’t as difficult as those suffered by the Southern nor Western Fronts though.

1.Brno - September 13-14, 1560 P.A. After the incident at Bromon Grove the united armies of Trimaris, Ansetorra, Bran, and the Twelve Peers march toward the only known settlement on their maps. Their reason for going North rather than South was due to the wilderness and swampland being just as thick near the Oreth River, river that separates Latmium from the Dead Lands, as it was in the central region. Marching an army of theirs through there would have been near impossible. Upon arriving near Brno they moved their forces into position and quickly took the village killing every undead there. After which they actually decided to stay in Brno for several months due to the need to change and maintain supply routes which were undergoing the same attacks as the army did at Tall Fields.

2.Stand of the Roshae - January 30, 1561 P.A. The Eastern Front has gone on the march again and managed to arrive at a Drowish fort called Wethsari. Here approximately two to three hundred Drow of the Roshae tribe had been doing long range reconnaissance into Coalition territory, and sabotage work as well. Grandmaster Cédric Gardet broke the moral of the Gollic tribals quickly with a massive push from his paladin core. The Drow had obviously never face such warriors and upon capture were tied to stakes and left to die of thirst, starvation, or any opportunistic animals that came by.

3.Battle of the Crater - February 6, 1561 P.A. The battle of the crater was as the name suggested in a crater. In fact several craters were scattered along the Ostrava province. The Crater must have been rather old as there were plenty of gentle sloping entrances for the armies to move down and meet. It essentially was skirmish between the Trimarin cavalry and undead who had most likely come from Hodonin. The undead put up an adequate fight and killed more than who killed them but still lost. Their heads were taken by the Trimarins as trophies.

4.Cacenas - March 5, 1561 P.A. After the Battle of the Crater the Eastern Front turned toward the great wilderness to deal with some force of mindless undead that had gathered in great bulk over winter. Upon arriving the Coalition forces were stuck fighting a large horde of mindless undead being controlled by both a cabal of necromancers and several Liches. Using a large array of flanking tactics, and holy magic from the paladins they managed to defeat all the liches, for the time being. With this they felt their supply lines secure and marched south to meet at the predetermined coordinates with the other fronts.

United Front
The united front is what the full force of all the Coalition forces were called. Meeting on the plains of Varna. Here both the Eastern, Western, and Northern fronts united. The Southern front would only link up later on.

1.Battle of Coalition - March 30, 1561 P.A. This was less of a battle and more of a scouting attempt on the armies of the Coalition. No one of the United Front died but several enemy scouts did. This was hyperboled into some epic struggle showing the unity of the continent as a moral boost. In actuality a patrol found a handful of scouts and killed them.

2.Skopje - April 7, 1561 P.A. This was an actual battle with all the forces of the Coalition working alongside. Here is where the Southern front managed to link up with their other coalition members. The village itself fell with the casualties they gave being miniscule at best. The sheer overwhelming strength of the united front made them a true terror.

3.Svejtnic - April 24, 1561 P.A. At the vast estate of some long dead noble the United Front was struck hard by a large force of heavy cavalry using necromantic magic. At the time they had no idea what these riders were, now we know they were death knights of Charon’s Echelon. These riders hit in several vital spots and penetrating deep into the war camp before turning and fleeing without suffering casualties themselves. Angered by this attack the march toward Drachenwald was put on hiatus as the United Front chased after these riders in full force. Suspiciously, having a head start and being in a small more maneuverable mass than the Coalition, these riders were always in sight leading of their pursuers.

4.Battle of the Moorland - June 1 -5, 1561 P.A. The mysterious riders lead the Coalition into a part of the precarious Dead Lands’ wilderness. It had no name that we know of so it was simply called after the dominant geographical feature, the moors that dotted the area. This battle had an unprecedented amount of units that hasn’t been seen or since seen in known history. The United Front had approximately 72000 units, with the Drachenwald Pact fielding an estimated 100000 units. The battle lasted several days with many casualties on both sides. This is an important battle which will be covered later on in detail. For now just know that the United Front lost leading to the final phase of the campaign.

Chronology of Events
  1. Ragusa September 12, 1560 P.A.
  2. Brno September 13-14, 1560 P.A.
  3. Narrows September 15, 1560 P.A.
  4. Sanguine Pasture September 26, 1560 P.A.
  5. Bloody River October 1, 1560 P.A.
  6. Devil’s Pass October 15, 1560 P.A.
  7. Ostrava October 16, 1560 P.A.
  8. Siege of Netra begins October 31, 1560 P.A.
  9. Bumlodir November 1, 1560 P.A.
  10. Sunstone Pass November 19, 1560 P.A.
  11. Siege of Netra ends November 19, 1560 P.A.
  12. Northern Army winters at Ruins of Koschel November 25, 1560 P.A.
  13. Betrayal December 8, 1560 P.A.
  14. Trap of Frozen Pass starts December 14, 1560 P.A.
  15. Battle of Retaliation December 25, 1560 P.A.
  16. Zilina December 31, 1560 P.A.
  17. Trap of Frozen Pass ends January 21, 1561 P.A.
  18. Stand of Roshae January 30, 1561 P.A.
  19. Battle of the Crater February 6, 1561 P.A.
  20. Vjss Fjord February 17, 1561 P.A.
  21. Cacenas March 5, 1561 P.A.
  22. Northern Front ends wintering and Ruins of Koschel March 19, 1561 P.A.
  23. Battle of Coalition March 30, 1561 P.A.
  24. Skopje April 7, 1561 P.A.
  25. Svejtnic April 24, 1561 P.A.
  26. Battle of the Moorland June 1-5, 1561 P.A.

NEWS

As a heads up I did a slight aesthetic change to settlements. Because the thought of a small village thwarting a large army, or taking months to siege is a little ridiculous Villages shall from hence forth be known as County Capitals. Seeing how towns have always been just a province capital they'll be called Province Capitals flat out; the same goes for cities being Region Capitals.

This little change should offer more mobility and sense with your ICs. Beyond the name change everything has stayed the same.

tmza-8.jpg

PART 4: Tides Turned

Little else happened in the campaign after the Battle of the Moorlands. Best records show is that the Echelon forces split up to chase the Coalition armies that had been shattered out of the region. This worked to a generally good degree. The battle also lead to several consequences that would destabilize the continent leading to the dissolving of many states.

Coalition
The coalition itself was no more after this campaign. The battle of the Moorland lead to the death of many coalition members and armies which crippled the all its members to where they would not recover. The below will give an abridged description of how.

1.Ansteorran Republic - after the battle the forces of Latmium rushed in a panic South toward the Oreth river in an attempt to ferry across with the help of the Count of Grossetto. Consul Ilario Campodonico’s hope was that the enemy would hunt down the weaker coalition armies and not chase them through the Val’knsor swamps. He was wrong for the Death Knights wanted to remove the greatest threat and his forces which had fought very little in the battle - being a reserve force - were the largest threat in the immediate vicinity of the Moorland. Only a couple thousand men managed to get ferried across before the other thirteen thousand were sandwiched between a large force lead by a group of liches. Consul Ilario choose to fall on his sword rather than be taken prisoner.

With the defeat at the Massacre of Oreth, the senate of Ansteorra left the coalition. They demanded their debt be stricken from record as promised, but the Twelve Peers only promised that if they had won the campaign. Leaders of the commercial arm of the Twelve Peers decided to teach the republic a lesson for leaving the coalition and demanding the debt removed, they simply called for the debt. After they called the debt the Twelve Peers’ banks and trade ports closed shop and virtually left the entire region. This was such a strong economic blow that bread riots started in the capital, as well as everywhere else, as inflation had risen to the point that prices rose a million denars a week on simple items such as bread.

2.Trimaris Shogunate - Shogun Kawabata Takakazu had managed to escape but with only a quarter of his forces the rest listed as missing in action. He had fled straight through the wilderness, and though taking a lot of attrition, his small force was so non threatening that the Drachenwald Pact ignored him.

The Trimaris Shogunate was the last of the Coalition members to destabilize, ignoring the Twelve Peers. This happened the same way it always happened in the Orient a group of powerful rivals who wanted to be shogun themselves had him assassinated. At this they began a warring state period which had started in 1577 P.A.

3.High Kingdom of Gleann-Abhann - During the first day of the Battle of the Moorland High King Blámhac Mac Abhann died. With that he left his kingdom with nothing but a pregnant wife a couple cousins, and a great uncle to inherit it. His army continued fighting in the moorland to avenge their king’s death but nearly all the royal forces died in this endeavor.

Without an army, nor a clear successor the High Kingdom of Gleann-Abhann went into civil war. The queen with child was killed in an ‘accident’, leaving the fight as a three way between Blámhac’s two cousins and his great uncle. The final nail in the coffin came when the unthinkable happened, an expeditionary army of pale skinned Drow arrived on the shores of Minllyn. With the region in turmoil they quickly began to assert dominance, though with great resistance. This conflict is continuing to this day.

4.Kingdom of Bran - the Branic forces were dealt perhaps the greatest blow of any coalition member at the moorland, second only to Gleann-Abhann. Their forces were spread thinly throughout the battlefield in order for their heavy cavalry to offer support at multiple spots. With their defeat the nobles and their knights fled with the closest body of troops. There are three notable movements though. First is the Duke of Rueon being the only one to lead the forces of Bran back North into their homeland. Second are those that fled with members of the southern front who would end up joining the Twelve Peers as defenders of Fort Hope and Suebon. Third a contingent of knights who rather than join the Twelve Peers like their fellows at Fort Hope continued Southbound to found La Montagne de Fer.

Those of the Frankish culture group have always had a desire to conquer, it is how they became so powerful in the first place. The fight for Franconia had begun during phase two of the Dead Lands campaign as lords who had not answered the call to arms had been maneuvering themselves to seize power. With word of the battle of the Moorland and the powerful king Orev du Bran not so powerful anymore they soon sprung to action. With no choice the king had to progressively release more and more land into independent or near independent states.

5.Kingdom of Ealdomere - King Spjälle Östbergson of Ealdomere was a good king by Ealdomeren terms. He was elected by the kingsmoot, and spent more time raiding than lording over the jarls. Still his death at the Battle of the Moorland would turn out to lead to some unforeseen events. In the battle itself it was the armies of Ealdomere quitting the field to hold their next kingsmoot, with only a few jarls remaining behind to gain prestige in battle to hold over the other vyers for the throne.

Though they had assumed they’d left the echelon behind the jarls were wrong for at their kingsmoot a strikeforce of death knights snuck into the hall and killed all the jarls there. In truth they had let loose a shadow war upon the kingdom viewing it as an immediate threat to their northern borders, most likely. Several Ealdomere dynasties were extinguished in a five year period they named ‘the Crushing’.

6.Al-Maghreb League - the famed camel riders and spear levies of the Outlands weren’t very effective against those of the Drachenwald Pact. The league had made up the right flank, which is where the bulk of the enemy cavalry was. The reason being that horses are often scared by camels, and nothing is more effective against cavalry than a spear. Still while they dealt significant casualties on the enemy’s cavalry force the same was done to them by the heavy infantry which consisted of; Ashtong urak-hai, living Slovics; Gollic swordsmen; and dismounted death knights.

Having fled west and south through the province of Suebon the Maghrebans rested at the holy city of Suebon before dispersing for good. Many had wished to leave the Coalition while others desired to stay and continue the fight. This caused some obvious tension within the league with several members leaving. Suebon itself left to become a direct vassal state of the Twelve Peers, whilst Fez abandoned the league splitting it in half completely. Oran and its western members attempted to stay in touch but they could do little else but send trade caravans to one another.

7.Theocracy of Khabaro - Being apt users of holy magic the Draenei were able to hold off the undead for some time on the left flank but had to retreat once the center, right flank fell. Unable to hold off the enemy forces they acted as rearguard to the forces fleeing west into Suebon, suffering heavy losses along the way. Once in Suebon they hunkered down as Fort Hope and repelled their pursuers. Many Draenei volunteered to stay and continued the fight as Suebon would become the main theatre of conflict in the twenty year stalemate.

Little happened to the theocracy as it never truly ruled over the other Draenei. The High Priestess had essentially called for a united force of faithful Draenei to fight against the unholy with many of the faithful lining up. With the failure of the campaign the Draenei continued on life as usual once their soldiers returned home. The city of Khabarov though continued offering resources to the Twelve Peers though.

8.Dark Horde - Making up part of the center line the horde was used as a shock and awe force to try and break through the enemy lines. For the first two days they had been unable to. On the third day the urak-hai formed a massive line a mile long and marched across the no man’s land between the two armies. They took minimal casualties at first thanks to Charon’s Echelon having little range capabilities, though the casualties started to rise once in javelin range. In a series of wedge formations the Dark Horde managed to get troops past the first line of undead but eventually were repelled and chased all the way back until that force was forced to retreat.

During the fourth day of battle a stray arrow caught Warchief Ogug in the eye killing him. With the death of the warchief the Dark Horde went from being one force to a series of rival clans. Some clans stayed, some left, and others outright switched sides. One arrow managed to disintegrate an entire nation.

9.Tiefland - The forces of Tiefland took up a position behind the front line in the enter. They set upon a hill in which their warlocks offered magical artillery support, along with the other Coalition mages. When the center broke on the fifth day they held their ground as their non magical units moved into action as planned to try and stop the route by forcing the enemy back, they failed.

Escaping west the tieflings broke off with the forces of the southern front and snaked through the mountains along with several urak-hai clans. This is when they stumbled upon the death knight academy of Scholomance and soon became the target of a mini campaign in the region as the death knight trainees practiced on the fleeing tiefling army. The leader of the Tiefland forces though had become quite loved by the army for leading them out of danger, and doing everything to preserve their numbers. Upon reaching Omnigovi he marched his army in victoriously and used it to turn on the Warlock council. His coup worked but it wasn’t long until another coup happened to him. What really broke the will of the Tieflings were witch hunters sent by the Twelve Peers to eradicate their nobility for leaving the Coalition, among other insults.

10.Tinnu Torphen - the main missile core of the Coalition fought well. That is until the second day when they snuck away. It would appear that Ranger-General Lydesa received urgent orders to come to Tinnu’s rescue as an uprising had occurred. With the loss of several thousand archers the Coalition was dealt a serious blow but managed to continue on fighting for the next few days.

Having left several days early the forces of Tinnu under Ranger-General Lydesa had not expected to run into any trouble. With the defeat of the other Coalition members though this freed up the entire cavalry force of the Drachenwald Pact to hunt down the Drow. The Drow soon found themselves attacked by a large battalion of cavalry and troops from the city of Drachenwald. They never made it back to stop the uprising in Tinnu which left the state of Tinnu Torphen considerably weakened.

11.Twelve Peers - The direct center front of the Coalition forces were comprised of the Twelve Peers. After nearly breaking the undead line on the first day of battle they soon found themselves pitted against Charon’s Echelon’s death knight core. With the fighting there being the heaviest this is where the bitter rivalry between paladins and death knights most likely spawned. A prime example is how on the second day each side traded a small half kilometer long stretch of moorland eight times before having it left as a neutral ground to be fought over the next day.

After the moorland the Twelve Peers acted were the last to quit the field acting as a deterring force so that the other armies could get a head start. Once their fatalities were rising too steeply and their grandmaster killed the Twelve Peers finally quit the field fleeing North into Bran. Without their Grandmaster the order was left in a state of disarray with several of its influential leaders trying to take power or separate for their own gains. The current Grandmaster, Coron Glydwr, who was a recognized hero from the campaign was declared leader. He had a rival of course but that man was quickly ousted along with those backing him.

In power the new grandmaster began to consolidate resources and build up troops. He also decided to no longer be an invisible empire, and he took over the province of Boyce. Though this was a fairly peaceful transaction he ended up doing more violent acts such as causing a trade war with the Sabine Trade Company to force them into the order. He lead several counter campaigns into Latmium in order to assist the dying Republic of Ansteorra, managing to force the Echelon back. With Tiefland refusing to stay in the coalition though he left the demons to be massacred in several battles by another Echelon campaign. Most resources were put however into ensuring the defense of Suebon to keep the undead from annexing it fully.

Drachenwald Pact
There is honestly no credible information on how the battle of the Moorland changed the political situation in the Dead Lands though one would hope some as it was such an important event it lead to the above changes to the rest of Aerworuld. All that is known for certain is that several undead states began to expand outside of the Dead Lands following this event, though they were all defeated or reeled back in.

1.Three Tribes - the Roshae, Aluua, and Eriladar are without a doubt still the main archer support for they are recorded to continue their guerilla campaigns against Fort Hope.

2.Living Slovic - these men are certainly working with Charon's Echelon or at least remaining hostile toward forces of the Twelve Peers as supply line raids show.

3.Willful Undead - the situation is unknown as we don't have any information on how the dynamic between these many groups of willful undead and Charon's Echelon worked before hand.

4.Ashtong Clan - it is unknown what has occurred to the portion of this clan within the Dead Lands, but it can safely be assumed they still work with Charon's Echelon as they have been seen fighting the forces of Fort Hop within the province of Suebon for several years now.

5.The Lichlord League - a large amount of liches died at the Battle of the Moorland, but without their phylacteries they will eventually all come back.

6.Kar Duran - all that is known is that the Dwarfs once more hold the fortress of Kar Duran.

7.Charon’s Echelon - itself had pursued several campaigns into the regions of Latmium, Ealdholm, Orient, Almannia, and even Khab in order to strike at those who had invaded them. Their last exterior campaign was in 1565 P.A. with the rest of their time spent in a bloody stalemate against the Twelve Peers in Fort Hope and Suebon. These external campaigns and the internal ones must have been resource heavy even for Charon’s Echelon as reports indicate a trend of army size decreasing exponentially with each new campaign. Once back to fighting only in the Dead Lands there was constant fighting true but only in small scale conflicts averaging from 20-50 units on both sides.

End Series

Last edited:
Another boulder was launched against the strong walls of Omnigovi. Even in the freezing weather, her army had o rest in the bombardment of the city. The foolish Tiefling inside had attempted a breakthrough to be cut down easily by the Tsuki no Usagi archers, how low had the tieflieng race fallen that slave archers disposed of them so quickly?

As she walked by the frozen trenches and tunnels, it really was a marvelous work Her smaller force had manage to create a entire network of defenses outside so the follish beings inside would saw it was hopeless. Plague was devastating the city, thanks to the death cows being launch inside it with it. Soon enough they would have to give up...specially withe the dammed witch Hunters/warlocks little shits running around and messing things up. No one was coming to save the city...her birthright would be hers!.

Now some wondered...why was it her birthright anyway...was she connected in some way to the council or one of the many nobles to hold it over time? the current owner? no, no she wasn't. It was true her dad was a loyal retainer of him and help him get the power to conquer the city, but that was it. What they did not understood it was her birthright as she was Xatir born to OWN that city, born to rule all she pleased. Therefore it was her destiny, fate and birthright to rule the city.

Snapping out of her own though, xatir called her most recent acquisition, the ex-leader of the qyzylorda town, and now part of the maid corps. Bring me ink and pages, i have a letter to write.

To: Charon Echeleon

Salutations allies of the Echeleon. The reason for this message is rather simple. As you may know by now i have make great progress in the re-unification and consquest of Alamania yet, my forces may not proof eneough to quell the withc hunters and keep the Unification. FOr such reason i request reinforcement be sent to me under my command, to continue my good work in the field. Location of where to be deliver annexed into another latter.

Death_knight_crest.png
Ask and you shall receive.

After the rather simple response to her simple plea for additional support Xatir Tsukino soon hears word of a large light cavalry force making its way toward her borders. This force has been noted killing several groups warlocks and witchunters along the way, all the while shouting "For the Echelon, FOR CHARON!!!"
husaria.jpg

((So the elite Echelon troopers are undead slavonic (Polish) ? :eek:))
((There's a reason I call their culture group Slavon. But don't worry Alex opted for full control so they won't have upgrades, though he rolled a high amount, and ICly these are some of the none undead Slavons that serve the Echelon... Don't judge them their not evil just polish like, and murder happy.))

((ERMAHGERD!!!!! Wing-ed Huszars!!!11!!!!!!1!))

A Fractious World
Book 1 Re-Cap​

In Autumn of 1580 post Apostle the lands of Aerworuld saw new life spring into it, followed shortly by more death. States throughout the lands had begun to rise with the final collapse of the old superpowers. As this happened the combat between Charon's Echelon and the 12 Peers began to escalate with their small scale fighting in the province of Suebon taking a turn towards the battle sizes of old. Ending with the fall of the holy city of Suebon into the hands of Charon's Echelon.

1. From the ancient ruins of Val'knsor the mad lich known as Nuram'hud'sicel'vitaum Fenetarkil XIII. A veteran of the Battle of the Moorland he had regained his corporeal form after being slain on the field and made the bold claim of Charon's Echelon stealing the Dead Lands from him, for all should serve him. This new ambitious fervor for conflict drove him to surge out and claim large sections of the Dead Lands, and bleed into Latmium. Only toward the end of this time frame did Charon's Echelon have time from their campaign against the 12 Peers to attempt halting his expansions into his fellow undead lords.

2. Equally ambitious and ruthless is Xatir Tsuknio ruler of the Tsukino Exiles. Starting with a small fiefdom she found herself swayed by the military might, and tolerance of cruel tactics which Charon's Echelon accepted. She was the first to become their affiliate and has thus far remained loyal toward them. With their support she lead a series of bold campaigns taking total control over Astana, Qyaylorda, and as of recently besieged the regional capital of Omnigovi. As warlocks and witch hunters blight her lands Charon's Echelon has sent agents to assist her in the domestic war. Her main focus though is Omnigovi the jewel of Almania.

3. Torri Motodada became a noticeable power relatively late. He is weak compared to the majority of those around him but that has worked toward his advantage so far. With the great powers preoccupied with one another he has gained the majority of Ichinoseki province and has geared up to continue expanding.

4. The most anti-climatic of all those who fell in this time frame. Borug had united many clans under his rule taking over Zaagus, Grogald, and parts of Neenurgosh. At some point in 1582 P.A. though he simply disappeared leading to the collapse of his new Urak despotism. Without him the Urak'hai no longer have any strong leaders amongst them.

5. Igneus is a powerful magi who focuses on the forces of fire. He rose up in the province of Ansteorra and had managed to annex them instantly making him a serious power player in the Southern half of the continent. From there he expanded South to form a strong economic base for his lands, and joined the 12 Peers without hesitation. Noticing that the kingdom of Vae'Farue was a affiliate of Charon's Echelon he joined a war against them in order to remove the potential threat to his rear flank. He did little in the war but it was still vital work. He kicked the Dorws out of the Khab region and took their troop producing center causing a devastating blow. Not balking from doing whatever was necessary to win he gained a reputation as a sadistic torturer amongst his neighbors, whilst his men loved him for not risking their lives - proof being he only lost five soldiers in the entire war.

6. Hai being even more decentralized than their Urak brethren it was no surprise what happened to Stryke's Hold. Stryke had managed to unite his clan along with two others but soon they ended up going about their way of life as normal. None outside of these clans knows why but this unison soon broke leaving the Hai in southern Urok woefully disunified.

7. From the halls of Redwyne Castle a group of powerful vampire lead by Valkorus, alias the Scarlet Baron, surged out. Taking over a large portion of land in the region they started a war with the Lichlord Logarius and eventually won gaining the vast majority of his old holdings. Toward the end of the war several other neighboring Dead Lands states came into conflict with him at the Battle of Bardejov. If not for the intervention of Charon's Echelon the vampires would have had to either go to war with Nuram'hud'sicel'vitaum Fenetarkil XIII or worse sign his one sided peace treaty. Valkorus ended up choosing the Echelon, but oddly enough only after dueling one of their more prominent members due to his fascination with knighthood. He found the throw the fight the Death Knights while wielding a brutal fighting style were indeed honorable. Since than he has looked toward the West for expansion.

8. Shassandre was a powerful mercenary leader in the province of Southern Tangiers. She raided caravans or protected them based off which would be most profitable. Her company had even managed to create a small trade route with the lands of the Iron Knights in Fez. Like many other states during this time she simply faded into the footnotes of history.

9. It was only in that the Draenei of Last Refuge came into worldly politics. Ever an advocate of peace Tholamin Arborshate the Savior attempted to cease hostilities within the neighboring Twilight Forest with a treaty called the Nellfanald Accord. This proved futile as Ranger-General Elavelia of Vae'Farue openly showed how such a treaty insulted her people, whilst the warmongering King Elrond of the Soler Kingdom ignored it. His trade with the Iron Knights went far better though, and his refusal to trade with the infamous Igneus was applauded by his subjects. Tholamin showed an incredible skill at diplomacy by bringing in many Draeneic settlements, including the regional capital of Khabarov, under a single banner through peaceful methods. He has remained unaffiliated and unmolested by his neighbors.

10. An oddity King Elrond Soler was apparently from another continent having threw rather convoluted magical means stumbled onto Aerworuld. Still he was taken in by the Drow around the old fortress of Giglaith. Elrond had always desired to rule his father's empire but now he would make one of his own. Through diplomacy and bloodshed he gained control over the province of Llelanfand in the Twilight Forest. His most controversial action was an unprovoked attack on the forces of his neighbor Vae'Farue which would result in his death just two seasons later at Bithealaeth. After which his eldest son King Matamelcan would end up winning the war. Though he proves just as ambitious and arrogant as the previous king he has shown to have slightly more humility than his father by admitting he cold not have won the war without the 12 Peers' assistance under General Dubus, nor without Magi Igneus' assault in the East. Now without Vae'Farue in the way King Matamelcan seeks to forge his empire.

11. Originally a very promising contender for the next shogun of Trimaris Yamamoto Isoruko soon fell into slothful contentedness. His lack of leadership soon lead to the desolation of his clan from a large scale peasant revolt.

12. In Franconia a powerful Duke came to be. His name was Dorian Duval of Sichamps, and he would en up controlling Most of Bran, half of Troyes, and all of Rueon by the end of this period. His secret weapon was his small but elite force of Pegasus knights which allowed him to pick apart the enemy. His greatest act was the North Trade Alliance which gave him immense economic capabilities allowing him to start his war for Troyes. In the final pages of this chapter in history he was considered the strongest power in all of Franconia, and its unofficial king.

13. Elunir Sera another so called High Elf from the land called Mundus. He arrived in 1579 P.A. on the shores of Wilderana. Taking advantage of the torn kingdom of Gleann-Abhann he took over Minllyn and deported its populace. He has earned the reputation as an extremely hated invader by the Gelannics, and has had to take most of the lands he holds through bloodshed. Desperate for allies in this new land he was first to become an affiliate of the 12 Peers. This gave him a much needed economic boost which allowed him to eventually take over all of Minllyn province. Toward the end of this period he had just begun a campaign into Castlemartin to his South.

14. Ranger-General Elavelia Shadowsong, was the unofficial ruler of Vae'Farue. She was an orthodox Drow believing in the matriarchal society that used to dominate before the Drow empire feel millennia ago. Her legitimacy of regency was from being guardian of Princess Nedra, the last of the imperial blood. Sadly the glorious return to the old was halted by foreign interference, in the form of the 12 Peers. Elavelia had joined Charon's Echelon before then believing that the death knights would assist her unification, which they did during the war with the pale king Elrond. With the intervention of General Dubus and the Magi Igneus though Vae'Farue eventually collapsed. It is speculated that Shadowsong took the princess into hiding to try again later as both disappeared without a trace.

15. Perhaps the greatest surprise was the half human half Drow people known as the Ghazaro that arrived on the backs of drakes in Ealdholm. Setting up in the province of Nantes King Fralupi proved himself an benevolent ruler and united Nantes, Hjertling and even annexed a small section of Angers into his 'Golden Kingdom'. He has remained independent, uncaring of the war waged by the paladins and death knights to his far South.

16. Paranoid Ito Oriana spent much of her life in comfort. Being one of the few Tiefling daimyos in the orient she always felt threatened by the more prejudice human rivals. Orianna joined Charon's Echelon in order to protect her western border. She however slipped into her delusions and soon found herself elling at shadows. She too is destined to fade from memory.

17. Gerald Iron-Hide took the outlands by storm. Upon the founding of both the Iron Knights and La Montagne de Fer he went on a whirlwind of conquests through Fez. He created several trade treaties and made certain it was understood he would remain unaffiliated in the conflict between the 12 Peers and Charon's Echelon. As Suebon fell to the death knights he simply shrugged it off not caring for the implications of this and continued his campaign to take over all of Safi. He is perhaps the strongest of all the unaffiliated states.

18. Lichlord Necuratu otherwise known as the Horned King awoke and began taking lands throughout north western Outlands. He had managed to to take several coutnies within N. Tangiers before deciding to boldly move West into Urok. After his armies though perished at the battle of Warfist he went the way of all Lichlords and fell back into slumber to repeat this process once he awoke again.

19. A member of the Lichlord League Logarius had made begun taking land in North central Dead Lands. Soon though he fell back into a deep slumber and his lands became the target of Valkorus and Nuram'hud'sicel'vitaum Fenetarkil XIII. He has remained unaware of his land's fate whilst in some hidden chamber of Koschel.

20. Chaos cultist lead by Dalius Blackmaw managed create a moderate sized state in the Dead Lands. He had managed to forcefully take both Vlora and Netra. At the battle of Bardejov he eneded up at war with Valkorus and Nuram'hud'sicel'vitaum Fenetarkil XIII. He responded by creating an immensely strong but small army but neglected the price of it. His domain was thrown into economic collapse and even as said domain is carved up by the Lichlord Nuram'hud'sicel'vitaum Fenetarkil XIII and Charon's Echelon he remains elusively unavailable.

((So yeah this is a turn and half late but it's meant to show we're officially in the second part of the game. For your info it was triggered by the fall of Suebon. The Npcs will now be taking lands, though not as aggressively as players, and also become more insistent that unaffiliated join them, or else. There will also be more events that provide bonuses and negatives depending if your in a certain faction or not. To break out of this stage into the next one an NPC citadel must fall to someone. Naturally each part becomes more intense.))

Spring 1583 P.A.
view

Gerald Iron-hide chillin like a baller.

Aedan - Worried that the enhanced aggression of their age old protectors - Charon's Echelon - will make them a target the county of Ukerske joins Nuram'hud'sicel'vitaum Fenetarkil XIII. The provincial capital of Palermo attempted to break the siege of the small undead force outside their walls. The initial strike went well but the reapers were the deciding factor and managed to push them back causing high casualties. The battle was a stalemate and Palermo will fall next season. More units are raised at Val'Knsor by the great lichlord. (+150 gold)(Uherske Annexed)(85 gold, +85LI)(-14 LI)(Palermo -186 garrison)(See War Section).

Alexander23 - This spring saw some considerable expansion by the Tsukino horde. First off they gained a valuable foothold in Wilderana by finishing their siege in the county of Wrecsam. Xatir is usually too proud to ask for help but last time she asked it of the Echelon she used those forces to take all of AStana, so she asked again. With so many death knights in Qyzylorda and Astana fending off the warlocks and witchhunters surely some more troops on the way could be spared. She was right a force a living Slovaks arrive. They are Prolisian hussars and though lightly armored they are well trained having grown up in the saddle along the Dead Lands-Urok border. With the warlock and witchunter menace having managed to enter the walls of Omnigovi the garrison has spent this season and the last in a domestic war. When the gates of the city open Xatir finds that a violent street war had been raging within it throughout the duration of her siege, her forces are immediately put to work trying to drive out the interlopers but with little success. (+90 gold)(Wrecsam Conquered)(Gifted 90 LC)(Omnigovi Conquered)

Alkatraz777 - Torri Motodada had spent considerable time gaining land for his clan. Now while the conflict between the 12 Peers and Charon's Echelon escalated he looked toward his own plans. First a new levy of troops his trained and with his knowledge of the best methods for doing so, being a warrior himself, he does so at a discount. His forces are moved to the opposite side of the province to prepare for an assault on Oshu. As the army was trained and drilled into position a series of reforms on internal trade were inacted and to immense success. (+23 gold)(-15 gold, +20LI).

Bisquix - Through a stoke of luck Igneus manages to get men inside the walls of Cagliari who open the gates for him. With this the settlement falls with him gaining a key position on the Sabine River. In the town he manages to find several books on advanced fire magic which he uses to increase his skill in battle. Treviso ends up reluctantly joining the new Ansteorran state of Igneus as serving another Latmium resident is better than serving an undead. (+134 gold)(Treviso Annexed)(-200 gold, +1 combat roll)(Cagliari Conquered)

Brovahkiin - The Scarlet Baron consolidates power through domestic intrigue amongst his vampiric clan. (+11 gold)

DeMarchese - Tholamin continued to conquer the lands of Khab not with sword but through words. The county of Nurghuon soon followed the example of its northern neighbor Erelle and joined the ever growing Draenei nation. Should Tholamin continue than he shall be first to unite the Draenei people in Aerworuld under a single banner. Under his supervision the castle of Last Refuge expanded its defenses, and whilst the walls rose above the increasingly growing settlement around his keep Tholamin gleaned new techniques on leadership allowing even more to follow him into battle should the need arise. (+52 gold)(Nurghuon Annexed)(-40 gold, Castle Upgrade 3)(-20 gold, Class Upgrade 2).

Dutchguy - With Giglaith's northern army under general Feanor Soler in Nellfanald the village of Tanharon was quick to agree with annexation. Bemalalen was not as keen to the idea and was attacked. The fighting was brutal as many of the former guerilla forces that had been dispersed by the Mage Igneus had congregated here. The militia was well trained and organized. Though this garrison took a massive amount of Faenor Soler's men with them. As the fighting for all of Twilight Forest continued in the name of the Soler Dynasty the army of the east under general Giglor Soler met up with his eldest brother's forces in Tinnu. The Royal army under King Matamelcan took the season to prepare for a new campaign. As this happened another army called the army of the west under a pale elf named Gorondil Agathar who had risen in rank during the war is made. More troops specifically meant for the royal army were trained as well. Speaking of, King Matamelcan marched from Vyril back into the province Llelanfand in order to link up with the forces of General Ann-Sophie Dubus who were still guarding the border from Echelon forces. His goal was tomarch onto Tangiers and exorcise the Death Knights from the divided city. (+189 gold)(Tanharon Annexed)(Bemalalen Conquered)(-65LI, -17A)(-120 gold, +100LI, +30A)(-75 gold, +12A, +1LI, +15HI)(Army of East Moved)(Royal Army Moved)(Army of the North Moved).

Galren - Even with the desolation of Troyes the count of Reims stubbornly refuses to capitulate to Duke Dorian. In retaliation Dorian marches onto Reims and the lazy port town is put to the sword. This fight went easier than any other during the Troyes campaign as no casualties on the side of Duke Dorian occurred. With subjugation of the Troyes province the victorious Duke marches alongside the army of the Twelve Peers discussing fighting tactics from their long separated Frankish kinsmen - the Gaullics. Though his association with the North Trade Treaty ends he is compensated with a large sum of money by the Twelve Peers for joining their coalition. With this he hires tutors on combat tactics and expands the walls of Sichamps once he returned. (+135 gold)(Reims Conquered)(Army Moved to Bran)(-40 gold, Castle Upgrade 3)(-200 gold, +1 combat roll)(See war Section)

Gorganslayer - Elunir spends the spring resting amongst the fresh flowers with a wine in hand and at least one of his many mistresses nearby. (+116 gold)

Mikkel Gladher - The latest batch of recruits from Nantes march north into Angers to join up with their benevolent king. Like clockwork as one batch of recruits marched forth a new one began training. Seeing the leader of the rebellion against the Duke of Angers defeated (count of Limoux) Estagel agrees to bend the knee to king Fralupi. The army of King Fralupi marches on to the last remaining member of the Breton League and attacked the county capital of Brioude. The infantry forces are the first into the fight as they climb siege towers to take the walls of the town. While they work hard to take one part of the wall this distraction is used so that the sappers who had spent the last month digging a tunnel underneath a section of wall finish their masterpiece. With barrels of pig fat and saltpeter they destroy the support beams of the tunnel forcing a collapse that brings the above section of wall crumbling down. As surplus infantry move into the gap with archers offering support the dragon riders, lead by Kandjiin, attack from the opposite side of the town. The count of Brioude is captured and imprisoned for trial, but is found dead the next day in his cell leaving the Duke of Angers as the only one to inherit the county. (+50 gold)(-50 gold, +1SU, +3HI, +1LC, +2A)(Estagel Annexed)Brioude Conquered)(-7LI, -2A, -1HI)

Plutonium95 - Plague strikes the army of Orianna as it continues to wait in the fields of Tsu. (+24 gold)(-10LI, -5HI, -4A, -2SU).

Rovsea - General Borris, Gerald's brother, takes the reins of the latest batch of forces being trained in La Montagne de Fer. Having consolidated his dominion over Safi, Gerald Iron-Hide marches north into Oran in order to attack the county capital of Mostaganem, Oran province. He places the town under siege and laughs as it falls within the season having been poorly stocked. Setif joined the under his banner as well this season, they required the succor he offered having been caught between the trade war between the 12 Peers' North Sea Trade Company and the Sabine River Trade Company. (+95 gold)(Setif Annexed)(-165 gold, +44HI).

Zex - Yet again nothing is heard of Dalius Blackmaw. (-1 gold)(see war section)

WAR
wow-paladin.jpg

The Decimation of Troyes

Deadlands Theatre

Yet again the assault on Castle Blackmaw was a resounding failure leaving the major in charge of the Val'Knsor platoon with a lot of angst. His lichlord would most likely execute him for such failure. Unable to handle siege any longer especially if it is fighting for someone such as Dalius Blackmaw the town of Ostrava capitulates to their besiegers. (-1LI)(Ostrava Conquered).

Nuram'hud'sicel'vitaum Fenetarkil XIII: 21LI near Blackmaw Castle
Dalius Blackmaw: 6HI, 2HC, 7SU

Without any response from Dalius Blackmaw Commander Darion attacks Montenegro and kills most of the village. After which he has his necromancers raise many of the dead back to life as willful undead; even though this process is hard and longer than making a mindless thrall which, but mindless are only as useful as a doorstop. He leaving Blackmaw to the mercy of Nuram'hud'sicel'vitaum Fenetarkil XIII, if he has any. Moving West the Echelonean army assaults the village of Corfu. The Balkesians put up a significant defense from their village nestled in the mountain passes. The militia manages to hold them off for two days before being smashed to splinters. Those who are killed were raised and the rest left to live as new subjects of Charon's Echelon. After which the village of Zagreb is annexed diplomatically for they were in need of a new leader now since the Horned King went back into slumber. From Fort Hope bands of newly raised troops, levies from the living and dead, within the province of Suebon are amassed into a large force of light infantry. Their purpose is simple to follow the commander and finally take the offensive once again. (Zagreb Annexed)(Monenegro Conquered)(Corfu Conquered)(-42LI)(+5000LI)

Commander Darion: 7922LI, 371HI, 653LC, 121M, 920SU.

Franconia Theatre

With the treaty of affiliation between Duke Dorian and Grandmaster Glyndwr of the 12 Peers Troyes was left with a great deal of worry. The arrogant Duke of Troyes had insulted the Grandmaster of the order assuming that he wouldn't take much action, being too busy killing off Duke Dorian or planning to move on; he was wrong. Within a day of the signing an assault of Troyes was made with the disciplined and heavily armored forces of the 12 Peers stomping over the town's defenses. While there were certainly casualties the paladins of the 12 Peers healed many of them with only a single soldier dying. Though the town was certainly theirs a statement had to be made, for too many had grown lax and disrespectful toward the order in their twenty year stalemate with Charon's Echelon, all the fighting being in the Dead Lands for about fifteen years. Grandmaster Glyndwr had the populace put to the sword and used his magi to tear the walls of the city down so it could not resist any further. After that he through the nobles and other influential people of Troyes into a prison wagon and tossed it over the cliff. Once that was done Troyes was gifted to Duke Dorian along with the promised gold, much of which had been looted from the wealthy port settlement. (Troyes Conquered)(Troyes Gifted to Galren)(-3 HI)(-200 gold 12 Peers, +200 gold Galren)(Galren leaves North Trade Deal).

Grandmaster Coron Glyndwr the Savior: 4999HI, 630A, 600HC, 100M, 200SU
Duke Dorian: 36HI, 18A, 10SU

Outlands Theatre

Though she could move to take over more of the region Suvut Astrid recieves orders to mainatin her position at the once divided metropolis of Tangiers. This is good becasue she spends most of the season keeping the denizens of Northern Tangiers and Southern tangiers from killing each other in turf wars over sections of the city.

Suvut Astrid Sisask: 28LI, 19M, 18SU

Orient Theatre

In need of more revenue, manpower, and essentially a buffer to hold back the Echelon Seneschal Yrel Karoab begins asking villages in the Yokahama region to join the twelve peers. (Takoaka Annexed).

EVENTS
3ea93df8f9ece7cf96557f59da2e37a4.jpg

Death Knight in Astana amongst another hamlet destroyed by the warlocks and witch hunters.

1. The Dead Lands Trade Agreement [Alexander23, and Aedan777 gain 1 gold to all settlements for 8 turns].
  2. Tri-Covenant Mutual Benefit ContractAlexander23, and Plutonium95 gain +2 gold to all settlements for 7 turns](Once complete the gold income will decrease by 1 every turn until it hits zero nullifying the trade treaty)
  3. pact [Rovsea and DeMarchese gain +5 gold for each settlement for 2 turns] (Once complete the gold income will decrease by 1 every turn until it hits zero nullifying the trade treaty)
  4. North Trade Deal (+2 gold every settlement for 12 turns for Mikkel Glahder.)(0 Gold for Alexander23)[Once timer runs out the revenue per turn will decrease by 1 until hitting zero].
  5. Trade of the Three (+5 gold all settlements for 1 turns for Bisquix, Gorganslayers and Dutchguy)(Once complete the gold income will decrease by 1 every turn until it hits zero nullifying the trade treaty)[Decreased by 1 gold]
  6. Alliance of the Faithful. (+2 gold every settlement for 1 turns Gorganslayer)(+3 gold every settlement 4 turns Dutchguy)(0 gold every settlement for DeMarchese)[Decreased by 1 gold for Gorganslayer]
  7. Grateful for all the support the 12 Peers and their loyal affiliates offered him in his nation's war for the Twilight Forest King Matamelcan strengthened the bridge between his people and the paladins. Known as the Matamelcan Document it opens up trade by allowing the satellite organization of the Peers, the Northern Trade League, to make trade posts throughout the Twilight Forest at their leisure. This massive increase of trade favors both groups. (+3 gold every settlement for 17 turns for DutchGuy, and 12 Peers).
  8. Deadland-Franconia Trade Treaty (+6 gold every settlement for 9 turns Galren and Aedan777)
  9. With greater and greater pressure on the Dead Lands economy Commander Darion offers compensation for his loyal followers in Redwyne Castle by bringing in trade from the Hilldwarfs in the far western mountains of the Dead Lands and the Urak-Hai of Warfist. Everyone else though still suffers from the poor economy. (-5 gold every settlement for Zex)(-2 gold every settlement in Dead Lands)(Nullified if Affiliated with Charon's Echelon).
  10. Still the fire rages as the country destabilizes from the fanatical warlocks and with hunters. They have even begun to attack armies! ( -3 gold every settlement, -2 turns of siege every settlement, all armies in the field will receive a casualty roll of 1-3 in the provinces of Bojnurd, Navoiy, Aqtobe, Allyrau, Zhamabyl, Mashhad, and Omnigovi, Almania).
  11. Fresh death knights from Scholomance are seen all throughout the provinces of Astana and Qyzylorda fighting both warlock cabals, and witch hunter bands. While at first the fighting was out of sight now whole villages are forced into hiding as the death knights desperately battle against these cretins for the sake of their ally. (+2 siege timer and -1 gold per settlement in Qyzylorda and Astana, Almania).
  12. Guerillas of Vae'Farue in Twilifght forest (-4 gold per settlement in Twilight Forest)(Affiliates of Charon's Echelon are immune to this).
  13. Thieves guild goes on a robbing spree in Safi and Oran (doesn't harm 12 Peers)
  14. Sabine Trade Company, largest trade company in Aerworuld, gets into a trade war with North Sea Trade League, second largest trade company in Aerworuld and satelite of the 12 Peers. This destabilizes the main part of the river as the two merchant republics fight for control of one of the Sabine Delta's arms. Currently the bulk of the fighting is within the Sabin Trade Company's territory. (-1 gold all settlements in Nellfanald, Tinnu, Caennis, Erelle, Safi, Cagliari, and Syracruse provinces).
  15. A collection of Hill dwarfs, and Gollic Drow from the western Montenegrin Mountains have joined with the Ashtong Hai to attack the clans of Warfist and Cradurdor. (-2 Turns of siege in Cradurdor and Warfist for Charon's Echelon affiliates.)
  16. Toftlund has fallen on hard times and is in desperate need of allies or even a voviode over them. (+1 to diplomatic annexation on all settlements in Toftlund, Ealdholm).
  17. Darks messengers have been seen amongst the wilderness of Northeastern Amiens. The Drow tribe living there and Hill dwarves have begun spreading out into the lands of the Bretonnics who have been too preoccupied preparing for invasion from the Golden Kingdom or the Dukedom of Rueon to fight off their old foes. (-1 turn to siege timer for Charon's Echelon affiliates in Amiens, Franconia)
  18. Seeing the disgusting expansiveness and aggression to the west of them the Etruscans have forged a pact with the Hill Dwarves in Bruttia - the only place left where there are more dwarves than humans. They have begun a campaign with initial skirmishes moving down into Ravenna from the mountains still owned by the dwarves. (-3 economy in Ravenna)(+2 siege turn timer in Bruttia)
  19. Northern Wilderana has been placed under great pressure to cease their silly independence and join the 12 Peers. (+1 to diplomatic rolls in Wilderana region for 12 Peers affiliates)(-3 diplomatic rolls for Charon's Echelon affiliates)
  20. A mass of spirits of all forms; pestas, penitents, poltergeists, elemental spirits, ghosts, shades, and etcetera cross into Oran. Their arrival has gloomed the sky. What this means is unsure but it certainly can't be good. (+1 combat roll to affiliates of Charon's Echelon in Oran, Outlands)
  21. Pale men with pupiless eyes and strange clothing have been spotted off the coast of Khab. Many fear this could be the infamous Farl raiders of yore returned. The 12 Peers though have moved in to encourage unity in the region, whilst Charon's Echelon offers military support. (+1 diplomatic rolls in Khab region for 12 Peer affiliates)(+1 siege timer in Khab region if Charon's Echelon affiliates)
  22. Prolonged time stationed in the field has caused disease to break out in the camp of Damiyo Orianna. (All armies in the field within Tsu, Orient, receive a casualty roll).

Last edited:
I am seeking 12 peer reinforcements to aid me in the protection and subjugation of the wilderania region. Any Light Cavalry, Heavy Infantry and archers that can be sent my way would be extremely appreciated, as well as the renewal of our trade agreement.
- Prince Elunir

I am seeking 12 peer reinforcements to aid me in the protection and subjugation of the wilderania region. Any Light Cavalry, Heavy Infantry and archers that can be sent my way would be extremely appreciated, as well as the renewal of our trade agreement.
- Prince Elunir

Paladin+class+icon.png

We shall send a detachment of troops from Boyce by ship. They should arrive in Castlemartin within the season. As with the trade treaty with your fellow affiliates we can do nothing but mediate it and you should look to them for renewing the terms of said treaty.​

Invasion
opening_darkportal.jpg

They did it, the fools actually did it. The warlocks who have been terrorizing Almannia for so long have opened up a portal with the help of the witch hunters harkening a demon invasion. The last one saw the near extinction of the entire Almanii people and the rise of the Teiflings in Aerworuld. In fact it took a large combined force including paladins, remaining Almannii, Draenei, and even rebelling Teiflings to defeat Ur'va the Enflammed. Whoever this is could be even worse. Already they work on stabilizing it further and the only ones who have been trying stop this are the death knights from Charon's Echelon. Hopefully the 12 Peers will realize this is a greater threat and temporarily join forces to drive the demons back rather than sit on the side to watch Charon's Echelon throw itself relentlessly at the demons in vain in order to save their ally Xatir Tsukino.

Demonlord: Aragash the Blade
fire-demon_00449563.jpg

Aragash had been a long time rival of Ur'va the Enflammed though he was never able to overpower his fellow demonlord. Luckily Ur'va's attempted demon invasion of Almannia 547 years ago left him trapped in the plane of existence he invaded. Without him and his forces crushingly decimated and demoralized Aragash was uncontested in his take over. Now he was one of the most powerful demonlords in his world though he still wished a way to prove himself better than Ur'va. He always wanted to do better than his rival, he made more children with Ur'va's mistresses to spite him; invaded more demonlords; and even tried to play at being a god to the Ghazaro people and others. Not that he was envious, simply extremely competitive never willing to be accept someone had more power or skill than he, petty perhaps but only a foold would say that about Aragash even behind his back. When warlocks contacted him for boons the chance finally came he would invade Aerworuld and conquer it, something Ur'va could never do.

Demonprince: Marduk the Imperious
400px-Illidan_Stormrage_%28art%29.jpg

Arrogant, domineering, and always assuming power without justification the epithet of Imperious fits Marduk perfectly. Marduk isn't the eldest son of Aragash but he is the only surviving one having ensured the death of many of those rivals. Now he stands in position to inherit his father's immense power and influence, only one obstacle stands in his way, Aragash himself. Though he doesn't believe Aerworuld is worth the effort Marduk will still follow his father's orders to a certain degree and kill without mercy as a 'good' future demonlord should. It should be noted how leads in battle which is often with hard hitting and aggressive assaults. Mercy is never an option when dealing with Marduk, though unlike other demons he'll kill quickly for efficiencies sake rather than waste hours tormenting and giving pretentious monologues.

Demonprincess: Iltani the Shadow
8JCpKE3.jpg

The only daughter of Aragash she is incredibly manipulative and lecherous. A prime example is how she has used intimidation, diplomacy, coercion, and other sorts of intrigue to bend many to her will amongst the higher ranking demons in her father's service. Or perhaps a better example is whilst growing up she seduced many of her brothers to pit them against one another in order to thin out competition for the throne, her latest 'love' is Marduk who is sufficiently wrapped around her finger. Back on the homeworld she has created a large spy network earning nickname shadow due to it. Though an adequate fighter she prefers stealth and having another wield the blade for her. If she has to lead an army though she'll simply continually avoid confrontation and burn the surrounding land and removing whole settlements from the map in order to make the enemy chase after her forces whilst she leaves them nothing even in their own lands to supply with.

Light infantry: Dozahl
T12SzTJ.jpg

Meaning fallen, are a cavalcade of various lesser demons teiflings left over from Ur'va's reign, zun, lamia, bitfinach, ulckhan, and others. They are known as the fallen for they were all defeated at some point and enslaved to Aragash's will for under his reign all lower demons are slaves.

Heavy Infantry: Khabane
MOPDWBl.jpg

Meaning warrior, these are the vanguard of Aragash being made entirely up of the demons he himself created. They stand at three meters tall and two meters wide. With thick armor and even thicker muscles these blindly obedient beasts are a serious threat within the battlefield.

Mages: Fuoroch
eredar_deathbringer_by_ralphhorsley-d670jd2.jpg

Meaning high ones. Formerly a part of Ur'va's higher ranking demons before his defeat they are mostly used for their adept magical prowess, mainly based off of fire magic. Under their last master's rule these were the equivalent of nobility, whilst the Tieflings where more peasantry. They are the classic demon, duplicitous and malicious.

Special Unit: Xurzhar
c9d28c94c5e04319cefe13a6a947d376.jpg

Meaning elite. These are the highest demons of Aragash's forces many of which serve none military function such as being scribes, scholars, spies, and other lofty positions. These make up officers for the army and are hard to kill for while other demonlords focused on quantity for their minions Aragahs focused on quality. Which quality? Well ruthless brutality of course. They are incredibly cunning and gifted in arcane magic preferring to bark orders from the air thanks to their wings, and cast all manner of spells out of range from the enemy. These are much stronger than other special units.

((Demon Faction goes into play at next update just thought you'd all like a heads up this has happened)).