• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a lot of problems when playing as Japan.
Firstly, the options to add cores to Korea and Taiwan never appear despite me beating them when they rebel.
Secondly, the industry and agriculture planning board event chains are difficult to understand and don't seem to add any industry for me. There an event about choosing wether to set up the planning board or not, and it isn't clear on what you get for each choice.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Also as Germany, there should be an event to demand ethnic German areas (i.e. Austria, Sudetenland and western Poland 'border strip') from the respective countries if you win WW2. Maybe make it so you need to be a dictatorship to get these demands.

I won't lie, the reworked Italy looks neat. And I am glad that the Syndicalists share a border with France now, that will make their chance to survive much, much higher.

I think the Two Sicilies and the Pope should have been combined though, otherwise a lot of those little states will just be speedbumps.
I'm not a particularly big fan of the coming update (I don't especially like a lot of aspects with the middle east, but I'll see how that turns out), but I agree with this. Combining the Two Sicilies with the papal states would add an interesting dynamic within South Italy, and have a lot of interesting different directions to go down.

I have a lot of problems when playing as Japan.
Firstly, the options to add cores to Korea and Taiwan never appear despite me beating them when they rebel.
Secondly, the industry and agriculture planning board event chains are difficult to understand and don't seem to add any industry for me. There an event about choosing wether to set up the planning board or not, and it isn't clear on what you get for each choice.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Also as Germany, there should be an event to demand ethnic German areas (i.e. Austria, Sudetenland and western Poland 'border strip') from the respective countries if you win WW2. Maybe make it so you need to be a dictatorship to get these demands.

You need to choose to resolve your agricultural problems by sending farmers off to ever get cores on Taiwan and Korea.

Very weird and arcane, but that is the only way.

I agree Japan's events are awfully opaque, and that I'd recommend reading through the Japan decision and event files in the Mod folder to truly "get it".

You need to choose to resolve your agricultural problems by sending farmers off to ever get cores on Taiwan and Korea.

Very weird and arcane, but that is the only way.

I agree Japan's events are awfully opaque, and that I'd recommend reading through the Japan decision and event files in the Mod folder to truly "get it".

Thanks for the info. At least I have another reason to play as Japan again, :p. That IS weird, though. So basically you need to choose a VERY specific option to get cores on Korea and Taiwan and ANOTHER very specific option on a different event to get industrial development events? These events are a really good way of making Japan more interesting, but they really should make it clearer what each option gets you.

EDIT: I had a look at the event files, and it looks like you only get the agricultural policies event if you don't select 'set up the industrial planning board'. Not sure if this is a bug as these events shouldn't be mutually exclusive. Admittedly, the events rely heavily on flags, which I find quite hard to understand.

Last edited:
All those events already exist. You'll get the option to keep the Sudeten areas when you have annexed Bohemia (you don't get it by freeing and puppeting the country though, it's a seperate event so if you free them immediately after annexation, you can miss it), you can integrate Austria (both by manually annexing them or them losing their civil war and taking certain paths) and you can keep part of Poland after you annexed it. It's only a small part though and IIRC you don't get cores.

I think that work on the KR version is more or less dead at this point. It's just that no one wants to admit it.

It's being worked on, and release is getting closer.

We just don't have enough people to get it by quickly.

I don't know if you have been told about it, but sometimes russian expansionist flags do not reset thus not allowing you to choose other paths. Had to manually edit the flag from 0 to 1

This exact thing has happened to me, while playing as Russia, I've invaded Central Asia, then the Caucasus, then the Pacific area, then nothing happens for the rest of the game. No options to attack Finland or Ukraine, etc. appear. How to you edit flags, BTW? I don't really know how they work.

Also, question. Are there any events either extant or planned for the expansion of the Ottoman Empire? I remember awhile back I had won the Ottoman-Arab war against Egypt, Arabia, and Persia, but I never got any events after that and sat there from 1944-ish to 1965 with nothing going on.

Also, question. Are there any events either extant or planned for the expansion of the Ottoman Empire? I remember awhile back I had won the Ottoman-Arab war against Egypt, Arabia, and Persia, but I never got any events after that and sat there from 1944-ish to 1965 with nothing going on.

Events about elections, industrial development, and adding cores maybe to Arabia/Armenia/Iran, could be interesting

EDIT: I had a look at the event files, and it looks like you only get the agricultural policies event if you don't select 'set up the industrial planning board'. Not sure if this is a bug as these events shouldn't be mutually exclusive. Admittedly, the events rely heavily on flags, which I find quite hard to understand.

The Japanese events have been a buggy mess for a very, very long time. It gets pushed under in favor of reworks each time, really. Not that I mind the big China rework or the other things being added.

I wouldn't complain if Japan got some love too, however. Unfortunately I have neither the time nor modding experience to try digging into that mess.

This exact thing has happened to me, while playing as Russia, I've invaded Central Asia, then the Caucasus, then the Pacific area, then nothing happens for the rest of the game. No options to attack Finland or Ukraine, etc. appear. How to you edit flags, BTW? I don't really know how they work.

You must look in the savegame, open the biggest of your files with notepad++ and browse it (it's massive)

Iv’e been having an issue with my game and I can’t find an answer to it. When I play the game after a few days pass by all of my resources disappear. And the daily change rate is an absurdly low number. Something like negative 6 million. The game is completely unplayable. Any ideas how to fix this?

Events about elections, industrial development, and adding cores maybe to Arabia/Armenia/Iran, could be interesting
Indeed. Elections would make sense for sure, as would the choice for reenacting the constitution following its suspension prior to the Ottoman-Arab Wars, if they happened.

Also, since Egypt was historically an Ottoman possession, its reclamation could signify a national renaissance for the Ottomans if they manage to actually win the conflict with their neighbours. Sort of a lesser New Reformation.

Hi. I love this mod, and it is by far my most played of all the DH mods. But I have just one suggestion. Austria and Australia are WAY too overpowered. I play on hard difficulty with furious AI, and I managed to effectively conquer the world by 1946 as Austria, picking off the smaller nations finally by 1952. Australia also gets ridiculously strong because of the naval events. It was still fun to play, but if the two were nerfed then it would become more of a challenge for the player and more challenge=more fun.

Just a thought.

Hi. I love this mod, and it is by far my most played of all the DH mods. But I have just one suggestion. Austria and Australia are WAY too overpowered. I play on hard difficulty with furious AI, and I managed to effectively conquer the world by 1946 as Austria, picking off the smaller nations finally by 1952. Australia also gets ridiculously strong because of the naval events. It was still fun to play, but if the two were nerfed then it would become more of a challenge for the player and more challenge=more fun.

Just a thought.
While I do disagree with what you're saying, since I've never really understood the motivations behind things such as total world conquest in Kaiserreich (though to each their own!), I do think that Austria is sort of overpowered when it comes to the Civil War, if they end up fighting Hungary. When the civil war breaks out, I almost never see Hungary win.