COMMUNITY CONTEST: Blorg Stream Fan-Banners

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Good day to all of you lovely space/friendship enthusiasts out there!

The release of Stellaris is just around the corner but in anticipation, we thought we’d have some fun with you folks going forward!

Hopefully most of you are familiar with and enjoy our weekly Stellaris stream where we follow the humble adventures of the Blorg which has been accompanied by ever so lovely promo art from our very own BjörnB, as pictured below!
13029505_1723078064628098_659929608638089669_o.jpg

Me and Björn agreed though that as his artistic abilities stand wholly proven, we’d engage you lovely people to show us your skills as well!

Therefor from today we will have an ongoing fanart/design contest to design the banner for each week’s stream promo which will be featured in our posts to facebook and twitter!

We do not know exactly for how many weeks the Blorg stream will span, but for the length of it we will select one entry and use for our weekly promotion of the stream! The winner will be contacted by PM and receive an exclusive, super-dope Stellaris mousepad sent by mail. :)
IMAG1313.jpg

All things are welcome as long as it contains Martin, Anders or the Blorg (or preferably all three!).

Images need to contain the following:
Standard stream time: 15:00 CEST (should stream time change we’ll overlap it in the picture ourselves)

Text: Extraterrestrial Thursday (just somewhere in the image)

Twitch URL: twitch.tv/Paradoxinteractive

Please upload the image files directly to this thread but feel absolutely free to reference your deviantArt or similar and we will post it as a credit for your entry should it get picked! Signing your image is also completely fine!

Everything else is up to you! Draw, Photoshop or sculpture all at on your own terms! :)
(And please try and keep is SFW at least within reasonable bounds..)

We realize that we may get more amazing content than we can use but know that we will view and enjoy all submissions internally even if it doesn’t get picked for promo. Should we however ever decide to use your entry for any public purpose you will be contacted and get a mouse pad still. :)

Any additional updates will be updated right here on the first post!

UPDATE on rules:
To restate the above mentioned "SFW within reasonable bounds", shipping/romantic/cute stuff is absolutely fine. Ballgags and the likes is going too far! This has not been a big issue so far but feels worth it to mention early. :)

WINNERS!
Week 1
Big congrats to Iron4Good who's our first winner! Amazing submission! :)
BLORG%20Poster.png
Week "2"
Our second lovely winner is monoxism with his this submission! Stream will likely be a tad different as Martin is sick though we will treat you right. :')
xl4ivWV.jpg
Week 3
Our third winner is the amazing submission by user Ginufe! This one is beyond amazing!
xerw1KW.jpg
Week 4, FINAL WINNER
Our fourth and FINAL winner in our competition is the late but VERY lovely submission by
Praefectus!
Extraterrestrial Thursday 900p.jpg

COMPETITION IS OVER as today marks the final chapter in the Blorg saga!
This has been absolutely thrilling and to me you are all winners by being here and having a good time with us! :')

Fear not! Our Stellaris streams will continue, we have a new concept that is planned to start next week and you will learn all about that from Anders and Martin in todays stream! All I will say is that there will definitely be a chance for community participation this time around as well! :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hogging first post for photo reference that you may use as assets or motivation as you see fit, will update with content as we get it!

First out we have something very special in store for you today!
Anders and Martin agreed to pose for us so that we could drive creativity forward. These two fine gentlemen are brimming with excitement to see what you good people cook up.
20160421_135447_HDR.jpg
20160421_150011_HDR.jpg
20160421_150023_HDR.jpg

And of course, our star of the show, our intergalactic collective best friend, The Blorg.
fungoid_massive_12.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm honestly not sure if the original picture could ever be improved upon. I wish all future contestants good luck though!

Reactions:
Wow the moment you realize all previous mouse pads in your life have been seriously undersized.

I legitimately thought that was a super cool Stellaris laptop case at first.

Reactions:
I declare myself:

PARTICIPANT

(edit: now with blorg)
Blorgs3.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hello everybody,

Juste a question, it's possible to translate the conditions of the competition into French because I would like to participate but I am not sure to understand everything. Thank you

With Blorg dust formation, and some powerful words, I preset to you the truth. We're no longer alone in this Universe, and they come in Friend-ships.

nolonger2.png

Original Art bar characters: Blorg, Martin and Anders.
Edit: Updated Image

Attachments

• Wearenolongeralone.png
    Wearenolongeralone.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 1.151
Last edited:
Reactions:
Hello everybody,
Juste a question, it's possible to translate the conditions of the competition into French because I would like to participate but I am not sure to understand everything. Thank you
My french is a bit rusty, but here it goes:

Les images doivent contenir ce qui suit:

-Heure standard du stream: 15h00 CEST (si l'heure change nous le changerons sur l'image nous-mêmes)

-Texte: Extraterrestrial Thursday (Quelque part sur l'image)

-Twitch URL: twitch.tv/Paradoxinteractive

-Veuillez monter (uploader? télédeposer?) les fichiers d'image directement sur ce fil, mais n'hésitez pas a référencer votre site deviantArt ou similaire. Si votre image est l'élue, nous le créditerons sur le post. il n'y a aucun problème non plus si vous voulez signer vôtre image.

Le reste dépend de vous! Dessinez, utilisez Photoshop ou sculptez tout dans vos termes. (Mais veuillez essayer de le maintenir raisonablement SFW (approprié? sûr pour le travail?) )

Nous sommes conscients qu'il est possible que nous recevons plus de contenus que l'on pourra utiliser, mais sachez que nous allons voir et apprécier internement toutes les soumissions, même si elles ne sont pas choisies pour la promotion. Si votre entrée est choisie por n'importe quel propos public, nous vous contacterons et vous recevrez un tapis de souris tout de même.

Reactions:
Blog look like too much to a big piece of sh*t ... Can we have another mascott ? Space fox ?
Pleeeeeeeease.
Your unfriendliness has been noted. Expect a visit from some of our friendly neighbourhood huggers to offer you a fun, free, mandatory vacation at a befriendment camp.

Reactions: