• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JimJ4m

Head of Community
1 Badges
Jan 7, 2019
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
GzgfeT6uYXU1Of1zjktXg3KqR1rFI97ggScjcudV8u9KfJ96IO2RC4jUTc4PKCDr3jG4otP_woUPc2Hxw7MO5L70xziDDiV9JoBOK7Q-Yf7spMmUa_yYlwXfBInkx44Iy6MVbhz6

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Why do I need to sign up for a Paradox Account?
To be able to play Online Multiplayer, you need to sign in with a Paradox Account.

Please note that the Paradox Account need to be verified before logging in. If you just created an account, check your email.

If you want to play the game in Single player mode, you do not need to sign up for a Paradox account.

If you took part of the Sign Up Bonus Campaign, you will need to sign in to your Paradox Account in-game in order to unlock the bonus content. Forum icons will also be linked to your Paradox Account. All other bonus content can be redeemed without a Paradox Account.

Why do you need to give you my date of birth and location when signing up for a Paradox Account?
We are asking you for your date of birth and your location so that we can comply with country specific legislation and age rating systems.

Where can I find more information about Paradox’ privacy policy and collected data?
In order to comply with GDPR laws, we need you to accept our privacy policy when signing up for a Paradox Account. If you want to know more about what data we collect and how we store this data, our privacy policy is available here: https://legal.paradoxplaza.com/

If you have questions regarding how to delete your Paradox Account and opt out, you can find more information on our helpdesk:

https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001057733-GDPR

When is Age of Wonders: Planetfall released?
In some regions the release date might vary if you purchase Age of Wonders: Planetfall on console. The official worldwide release is 18:00 CEST on August 6th.

MON 5th - 16:00 CEST - XBOX ONE and PS4 in Australia
MON 5th - 23:00-02:00 CEST - XBOX one and PS4 in Europe
TUE 6th - 07:00 CEST - XBOX ONE launch US
TUE 6th - 18:00 CEST - Worldwide release on PC and PS4 release in the US

PURCHASE QUESTIONS

What is the difference between the Deluxe and the Premium edition?
You can see what the different editions contains on your platform on our webpage: https://www.aow-planetfall.com/

What is included in the Season Pass?
We have 3 expansions included in the Season Pass. Information about what type of content these expansions contain will be announced closer to their release.

The current revealed content for Expansion 1 is:
  • New Secret Tech
  • New Campaign Missions
  • New location mechanics
  • And More

Season pass roadmap:
seasonpass.jpg

On which platforms can I play AoW: Planetfall?
XB1, PS4 and PC (Windows).

It says that the game has Partial Controller support on the Steam store page, does that mean I have to play with a mouse and keyboard?
You can play the full game with a controller on PC, just like on XB1 & PS4. However, you need to change this in the settings in the main menu before they take effect. This is the only step that needs to be done with a mouse, and the only reason why we are saying that the game has partial controller support on PC. Once this step is done, you can enjoy playing the full game with your controller.

GAME QUESTIONS - NEW TO THE SERIES QUESTIONS

I’m completely new to the game series and would like to learn to play the game, where do I start?
We recommend that you start by playing the Tutorial mission, this will guide you through the game systems as you encounter them. Both in Commander Customization and during game play, you might spot a green diamond next to some options. This means that they are recommended for beginners, and if you don’t know what to choose this is an option is a ‘safe choice’.

If you want to dive in and read about the game systems, different units, and really find out how the game works, you can click into the Imperial Archives. It is like an in-game Wiki, that you can go to whenever you need more info about something, without exiting the game. You can also find more information on the game on our online wiki here.

We also have a Planetfall forum, where you can browse topics, ask your own questions and share your thoughts with others. This is also where you will all of our dev diaries!

GAME QUESTIONS - MULTIPLAYER

What do I need to be able to play Multiplayer?
To play Multiplayer you need to be online, have the latest version of the game installed, and you need to be signed into a Paradox Account. You can create a Paradox Account from within the game - but please note that you will need to verify your account before it is activated and allow you to enter Multiplayer mode. The account verification code will be sent via email.

How many players can play in a Multiplayer game?
8 human players can take part in the same map in Multiplayer mode, accompanied by 4 additional AI players.

Can we play Hotseat with different controllers?
No, you will need to pass along the controller you are using.

Where to I find hotseat in-game?
Go into Scenario from the main menu, then go into advanced settings to be able to set up a Hotseat game.

Is cross platform play supported?
Age of Wonders: Planetfall is cross-compatible with one another between PC platforms (Paradox, Steam and GoG). XB1 and PS4 are not cross-compatible with PC, nor each other.

What is the difference between Classic turns and Simultaneous turns when playing Multiplayer in Planetfall?
When you set up a multiplayer game, you can choose between Classic turns and Simultaneous turns. You can switch between these modes during a multiplayer session, depending on how you want to play your game.

When playing in Classical turns mode, you can play your turn even if the other players are not online. You will get a notification once the other players have made their move and it’s your turn again.

When playing in Simultaneous turns mode, all players will need to be online for you to take your turn.

Where can I find more information about how Multiplayer works in Planetfall?
We have written a dev diary specifically about Multiplayer and the different turn modes here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-the-new-adaptive-multiplayer-system.1194839/

GAME QUESTIONS

What is Age of Wonders: Planetfall?
Age of Wonders: Planetfall is the new strategy game from Triumph Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed Age of Wonders and Overlord series, bringing all the exciting strategic turn-based combat and in-depth empire building of its predecessors to space in an all-new sci-fi setting.

Why is this a Age of Wonders game?
As fans of Sci-fi (Star Wars, Alien, Dune, Starship Troopers, and the countless sci-fi books we have read), a futuristic setting has always been something we wanted to explore. The war-focused mechanics from the Age of Wonders games are a great fit for sci-fi weapon arsenals. We use Age of Wonders in the name, because Planetfall’s gameplay shares the same core strengths, including the in-depth strategic and tactical map layers, the varied units with all their special abilities and an epic setting filled with a unique mythology.

What role will space play in the setting?
As one of the heirs to the shattered Galactic Empire known as the Star Union, you emerge from a cosmic dark age to craft a new future. You travel to one of the many lost worlds of the old empire, where you will find many marvels among the remnants of this once great civilization.

On those planets – which vary in biome, geography, structure and surviving factions - you will need to rediscover lost technologies and social doctrines for your colonists to thrive. However; you are not alone. Other houses compete with yours to rebuild the Star Union and you will need both a carefully crafted arsenal and a firm grip on diplomacy if you are to have any chance at victory. The game takes place on one planet at a time, but there are endless worlds for you to discover.

How has gameplay evolved from AoW III to Planetfall?
Gameplay has evolved across the board, here are some of the key features:

• Strategic Map: World Map gameplay has a new economic and diplomatic model based on sectors. Worlds are segmented into areas named sectors, with each sector telling a story. These range from various types of wildernesses, to Landmark sectors containing marvels of the Star Union. Sectors owned by others can added to your colonies conquest negotiating with other (NPC-) survivors. Sectors can be economically developed using the new Society research tree.

• Unit Modules: Upgrade units with advanced technologies. Take your basic infantry unit, equip it with jet packs, super strength genetic enhancements, or shield breaking lasers. As the player researches techs, more powerful MODs become available. With the right MODs, even lower tier units remain relevant in the end game and you can adapt your arsenal to changing threat.s

• Combat: Combat is the heart of Age of Wonders, and we have gone all-out to reimagine the engrossing tactical turn-based battles for a sci-fi world. Experience thrilling battles, with sci-fi hardware ranging from mechs, to aircraft and space marines. Ranged attacks are key with new cover and overwatch mechanics. Learn to make use of destructible terrain and the MODs available to units. Call in support from Special Operations. Heroes lead the way with special abilities and supernatural powers, and have the ability to pilot vehicles.

Any changes from AoW III in stealth and concealment?
Planetfall has a new scanner system that allows units and surveillance operations to detect enemy movements outside of the regular vision range. This scan range doesn’t disclose all information about the enemy. Through research can you upgrade it, but also obscure canners of others. These scanner upgrades are part of the Covert Ops Tech tree, allowing you to spy on rivals, steal resources, and sabotage their relations.

What are Factions and how many are there?
There are six main playable races in the game, six secret technologies to mix and match, and there are five NPC factions for you to ally or go to war with. In the campaign you’ll get to experience all of the playable and non-playable factions, trace their origins and build a new future for the Star Union.

What exactly can you customize in the game?
You start by picking your main faction and secret tech in the game. Then you assign perks for your commander that determines his personal load out and background. This will determine the type of leader he is (ranging from Scholar of the Emperor to a Party Animal). Age of Wonders characters have never been more detailed, and you can fully customize your Commander’s appearance!

What is Research and how does it work?
In Planetfall, a tech tree is composited from your choice of faction and secret tech, and you can use the modules from it to customize your units with new weapons, defensive systems, and special abilities.

Research is split into military and society research. By building knowledge income, you can research things faster. Doctrines will allow you to speed particular branches of research.

What level of destruction can we wreak upon the world in Planetfall?
On the world map: Terraforming, like the Dvar ability to remove mountains. You can create hazards (ranging from biohazards to dimensional rifts) which will make entire sectors inhospitable. And of course doomsday weapons; the deadliest weaponry that a player can get. In combat, almost everything is destructible and explosions splatter the world with destruction decals.

Will there be any connection to classic Age of Wonders games?
The metaverse is a pretty big place…
LOAsOY7GNmpSpRWtaQKsWIKejbQlKadfhEAysqDrdP7rwm5aCTFbA9GpPQ90C7olYanlixkTuZSW0m6R-kAOxwET-qjnw-L7-ylYF8pmw-vixW_QwVZivNOnQP_H4XYhSs-qZqof

Will you support player created mods?
At a minimum level, we will have the same amount as in AoW III. We like mods and would like to support it from day one, but please note however that we can’t make any promises at this point.

Does the game use the same game engine as Age of Wonders 3?
The game uses a new generation of Triumph’s Creator Engine. 64 bit architecture, new render engine and new network layer, meaning an even more immersive experience overall.

PROBLEM SHOOTING - GENERAL

My Paradox Account is not working?
If you’ve signed up for a new account in game and find that it’s not working, please make sure that you have verified your account. You should have an email sent to you upon creation, with a link that you need to click on to verify your account.

Check your email spam quarantine as our automated emails get caught up in them sometimes. These emails come from noreply@paradoxplaza.com

Contact our helpdesk at support.paradoxplaza.com.

PROBLEM SHOOTING - BASIC

Basic trouble shooting
The following steps can resolve most game crashes, general issues, errors and problems with registration or launching the game:

Specifications
We support the following specifications for the game.

MINIMUM SPECS:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 (3rd Generation) or AMD FX Series processor (or equivalents)
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics: nVidia GTX 650Ti 1GB or AMD Radeon HD 7770 (or equivalents)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 20 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with the latest drivers
  • Additional Notes: Network connection required for cloud saves and multiplayer.
RECOMMENDED SPECS:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 (7th or 8th Generation) or AMD Ryzen 5
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (or equivalents)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 20 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
  • Additional Notes: Network connection required for cloud saves and multiplayer.

PROBLEM SHOOTING - SPECIFIC ISSUES

Incompatible GPU detected error
The default GPU selected for Age of Wonders: Planetfall doesn’t meet the minimum specs of the game. You can check the minimum and recommended specifications to see what kind of hardware you need.

Bluescreens, freezes and automatic OS restarts
Please note that games aren't the cause of blue screens of death. BSODs, system freezes are caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or issues with its hardware driver software.

Debug Mode
The game supports an optional Debug Mode. This will have some additional features enabled that is meant to help devs identify rare bugs.

To play the game in debug mode open the launcher and scroll all the way down. Then next to ‘Open game in debug mode’ press the LAUNCH button.

We may ask you for a log file which is created only when playing in Debug Mode. If you want to send it to us, you can find it in the Logs folder.

%userprofile%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders Planetfall\Logs\

If you play use Debug Mode often then you might want to sort the log files on ‘Date modified’, so that you send the correct log file.

PROBLEM SHOOTING - MULTIPLAYER ISSUES

I own DLCs, will I be able to play with players who don't own them?
You can play the game with your DLCs without any trouble. Players can start with any of the content they own in Multiplayer.

So if you own a DLC and the host (or another player) doesn’t own it; you still play with this content.

Will Multiplayer be cross-platform?
Age of Wonders: Planetfall is cross-compatible with one another between PC platforms (Paradox, Steam and GoG). XB1 and PS4 are not cross-compatible with PC, nor each other.

The multiplayer session says ‘upload required’, but uploading always results in ‘upload failed’
This could be a result of corrupted local files and deleting those local files should resolve the issue, which will allow the game to be continued.

1. Navigate to the Profiles folder:
%userprofile%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders Planetfall\Profiles\

2. Open your profiles folder which is some random looking number, for example:
0B912F38-6CAC-4FA0-9291-B9F2CBA44A58

3. Delete the CTS folder
4. Restart the game and try again

ANY OTHER SUPPORT ISSUES?
Please visit support.paradoxplaza.com or post in our Bug Report subforum.

Got the game on PC, looks great!
Now, is there a way to get scrolling by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen? Because I was used to do that in AOW3 ...

WTF, day of release and HUGE bug that launcher can't even install and launch correctly?! REALLY Paradox, way to face-palm a hugely anticipated and awesome game. Now rather than excited and thrilled to log I, I am faced with incredible frustration, on the verge of rescinding purchase until a steam sale. This is dumb,

If you constantly get an Upload Failed during a multiplayer game, make sure your %USERPROFILE% is in the right location. You can right click on your Documents folder and go to properties and then select location. I tried deleting the CTS folder and it kept failing. I then noticed my Documents folder was going to C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents and not %USERPROFILE%\Documents.

I turned off OneDrive auto-backup and changed my locations for all %USERPROFILE% and then reinstalled the game and this permanently fixed the issue. https://superuser.com/questions/1205668/how-to-unlink-my-documents-folder-from-my-onedrive-account

I believe the issue is that Planetfall is expecting a %USERPROFILE%\Documents location and if this is different due to OneDrive auto backup, etc it causes issues with syncing save files.

Got the game on PC, looks great!
Now, is there a way to get scrolling by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen? Because I was used to do that in AOW3 ...
That's in the beta of the next patch already.

That's disappointing that there's no Linux version :(.
There's no Mac version either, FYI.

Anyone else having an issue with the game crashing on PS4 as you complete the final objective of the first campaign? I am at turn 66 and as a complete the mission "Pay the Syndicate Agent", and finish the dialog with Sina of House Timur the game crashes. I cannot seem to get past this point in the game. Anyone else have this issue?

Can anyone answer - Does this game require the base game on the same platform in order to play? In other words, does Age of Wonders: Planetfall require Age of Wonders, or Age of Wonders II or III? I have Age of Wonders (the first game), but still get the Steam error "This game requires the base game on the same platform in order to play".

Planetfall is it's own game. You don't need any of the predecessors. But when asking for the base game did you maybe just buy the expansion but not planetfall (not sure if that is even possible?)

I think CDKeys just gave me the DLC. I ordered
Age of Wonders Planetfall PC + DLC
And was provided key one, and key two. However, both keys are identical so I assume the key belongs to the DLC and I don't have the Age of Wonders Planetfall key. They are taking forever to reply...