• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No they still remain the property of the government in exile.

In hoi2 terms: who is the owner, who is the occupier?

If they are owned by the goverment in exile, how can you get ownership over them?
Or are they owned by the attacker (Germany) but "occupied" by the goverment in exile so that when you drop divisions on it as germany you get ownership over it?

These are occupation policies, the lighter your occupation policy the more manpower you draw, but you get less resources, IC and partisans you get. You can change them at any time but the partisans take a while to adjust to the new occupation policy. So this means that resistance takes time to organise itself and just because you stop exploiting the people won't mean all the partisans suddenly decide to go home and be good people.
Do you mean that until there is an allied nation fighting against you full annexation is no longer possible even if you control every VP provinces?

If Luxemburg is occupied the best the germans can do is decide an occupation policy (until the government in exile is backed up by the Allies)?

If they are owned by the goverment in exile, how can you get ownership over them?
Or are they owned by the attacker (Germany) but "occupied" by the goverment in exile so that when you drop divisions on it as germany you get ownership over it?

look at some of the previous screenshots they will make it clear.

Nice, very nice. So what are the three strat warfare icons; I get the merchant tonnage sunk and strat bombing, but what's the middle icon?

Also; I very much like the new layout of the laws; instead of the older checkstyle-version!

Ownership doesn't flip, only control. So for example Norway remains owned by the Norwegian government in exile while control flips to Germany. This is how the game knows what provinces are picking up the Norwegian occupation policy.

one last question about surrendering.

Lets say i invade Britain and i set up a collaberatol (or something) goverment. will some troops defect to the new puppet regime, or just vanish? im asking because its possible that the English nazi party has a lot of support from the population.

Johan said:
Note there are no surrender negotiations in Hearts of Iron 3, World War II is total warfare and is fought to the finish. We have special events for specific surrenders, like the forming of Vichy France, but...

I'm not sure I like the sound of this. Does this mean I can't thrash France and just demand Alsace-Lorraine from them? Or, if as France I manage to occupy northern Italy and destroy their fleet, I can't just ask for Sardinia?

Is there no longer a demand provinces screen of any sort?

I understand the reluctance of certain nations (Britain, Japan, &c.) to surrender, but other nations were of course far more likely to - mainly as a result of national unity, which sounds like an idea that will be well implemented, but I don't see why traditional peace treaties can't be drawn up. They were historically, and of course every game is different, so it seems rather strange that you've chosen to remove this facet of the game.

Can someone elaborate?

look at some of the previous screenshots they will make it clear.

Must've missed such a screenshot then, which one are you talking about? :)

I don't think there have been any screenshots showing island provinces of a surrendered country and who owns what :D

EDIT, king was kind enough to clarify, it makes sense now :)
The screenshot was probably the one that showed an overview of occupied europe then.

I'm not sure I like the sound of this. Does this mean I can't thrash France and just demand Alsace-Lorraine from them? Or, if as France I manage to occupy northern Italy and destroy their fleet, I can't just ask for Sardinia?

Is there no longer a demand provinces screen of any sort?

I understand the reluctance of certain nations (Britain, Japan, &c.) to surrender, but other nations were of course far more likely to - mainly as a result of national unity, which sounds like an idea that will be well implemented, but I don't see why traditional peace treaties can't be drawn up. They were historically, and of course every game is different, so it seems rather strange that you've chosen to remove this facet of the game.

Can someone elaborate?

there is indeed no longer a demand proinces screen of any sort.

A good DD yet again, but unfortunately it contains the first bit of info about the new game I don't like. The decision not to include peace negotiations. During WWII there were several attempts at a negotiated peace (e.g. Soviet Union proposed peace twice in the first year), which were dismissed by the other party. However, if we are that other party, we should have the option to make that decision. Why limit our freedom by constraining us to the events exactly as they unfolded in history?
Also, there is the issue of "what if" scenarios, in other parts of the world. In a war between Brazil and Argentina, why would a peace agreement be impossible?
You know, I kind of have to agree with you. I too would have liked to see something like this in the game. Just goes to show once again that no game can manage to do everything brilliantly.
Maybe King can explain why it's not part of the package

Ownership doesn't flip, only control. So for example Norway remains owned by the Norwegian government in exile while control flips to Germany. This is how the game knows what provinces are picking up the Norwegian occupation policy.
Does this go in core provinces aswell? I'm guessing no, but.. :p

edit: and the middle icon I'm guessing battles won\lost... they said something about that

Core territory and anexions wil not be in the game I assume?

Why did you decide on such a system? I have yet to play it, of course, but it does somewhat seem a step backward. For example, why should a German player not be allowed to simply take her cores by peace treaties (Danzig, Memel, A-L) and then spend a year or so building up before attacking the Soviets?

Clearly Poland would have gladly accepted defeat if most of her armed forces had been smashed and her country defeated, particularly if it only meant losing the Danzig corridor and a good chunk of prestige.

Likewise, I don't see why France would feel the need to ensue total occupation and humiliation if Germany only wants to re-take A-L. Why, with the game's increased overall dynamism, have you chosen to remove any such scenarios? Sure, there's the Vichy event, but it's pre-defined and we all know the outcome. Something a bit different would be nice.

I like the idea of a slightly more lenient Germany giving the Allies a fair deal, so as to secure their tacit consent to Barbarossa.

Just one example...

Can none of this be simulated?

one last question about surrendering.

Lets say i invade Britain and i set up a collaberatol (or something) goverment. will some troops defect to the new puppet regime, or just vanish? im asking because its possible that the English nazi party has a lot of support from the population.

Divisions never defected where the attacking country would/could just use that division again :)
Such divisions would surrender, ie vanish, but since you have a collaborating goverment you get some manpower with which you can construct new divisions.