• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great work! I can't wait to play the game. It just takes the fun out of watching your fighters patrolling one area while the neighboring area is bombed back to the stoneage by those bombers you were waiting for...:)

Question : Will we be able to "attach" an air unit to an army corps for that this air unit will launch interdiction or ground attack on the province attacked by the army corps ?

Will there now also be an interception mission which keeps fighters, thus rested and saving supplies and fuel, on the ground until scrambled to meet enemy formations?

This could very well depend on the new intelligence and radar/listen posts to improve their scramble capabilities.

Will we get similar flexibility in deploying naval units? e.g. letting a wolfpack roam only in front of Gibraltar, on just off Calais.

Won't happen if you give the orders to many fighter groups, of which each has very narrow area to cover, or the areas overlap each other, which means there are more fighters on a given area with different routes, which will then lower the chances of someone passing by without being in contact.

I realised that I forgot a line in my post, which is why I added, "by pure chance and numbers"... But this is hardly the way to plan a your air defenses - in fact it is not a plan at all.

I think what Johan suggests is what I am hoping for : air units will project their power at a distance,like a "cloud". Maths will fly around.

I really hope that this is the case, but I'll believe it when I see it ;)

Why radians and not degrees? Degrees are much easier and faster to understand IMO.

Kids these days! Just multiply by 180/pi in your head.... :rolleyes:

Great work! I can't wait to play the game. It just takes the fun out of watching your fighters patrolling one area while the neighboring area is bombed back to the stoneage by those bombers you were waiting for...:)
Unfortunatly I don't see that this is solved, unless you put 3 wings in each province. Just pray you have enough to do that.

Will there now also be an interception mission which keeps fighters, thus rested and saving supplies and fuel, on the ground until scrambled to meet enemy formations?

This could very well depend on the new intelligence and radar/listen posts to improve their scramble capabilities.

Yes I was hoping for this too. Maybe there is a stance setting that will provide it with Air Superiority missions.

Do Interdiction and Ground Attack have the same meaning as they did in HOI2?

I.e.will Ground Attack destroy troops without affecting their organisation one whit, and Interdiction destroy organisation without touching morale at all?
I for one hope this (and the effects of all other missions, of course) will be fully moddable.

I would also like to agree with the person who mentioned the difference between attacking bridges or railroads and massive bombing of industries.

Why radians and not degrees? Degrees are much easier and faster to understand IMO.

In computers and calculations radians are better of course :)
Degrees is poor man's radians. :D

Also, in the US they use a 400-degree system while the rest of the world uses a 360-degree circle. Radians are foreign for everyone ;)

uhh... huh?? I've lived in the US my entire life and never heard of a 400 degree circle... :)

degrees are definitely more intuitive for most people though... otherwise, love everything I see. :)

Nice, but I am not sure how this will prevent fighter's being in the wrong place. In HoI2 you could have the most advanced radarsystem ever seen along the English coast, yet have your fighters linger over Southampton while London is being bombed, because the fighter already detemined their route when they took off, and apparently don't want to change that before the first German bombs land near Big Ben. Resulting in the British fighters arriving in London, just when the German bombers left - that will happen a few time due to poor communications, and bad planning, but in HoI2, it was pure chance if it didn't happen.

I see these improvements for HoI3 as a great improvement in offensive air operations, but unless radar and fighter control will have some level of coorporation, then defensive air operations will still be pure chance and numbers.

Put your fighters over the Channel... they intercept the bombers before they reach the targets then. :D

uhh... huh?? I've lived in the US my entire life and never heard of a 400 degree circle... :)

Sounds like the state that simplified Pi to 3.

In any case the airsystem looks nice.
I hope it will be easy to use, because for gameplay reasons that´s an important thing.