• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the source code publicly available for this tool? If so I'd be interested in updating it if possible, as I'm using it as part of my Random map generation tool. However the last update being for 1.3.1 has limited it to only being able to generate for that version so far. Let me know if it is available to be worked on, and what the license its under, since it'd be preferable to just update this rather than remake my own version of it if possible. Thanks.

View attachment 913005
If this might be relevant, this is how it looks when run in admin mode.
You are somehow running this out of Windows' system32 folder. That cannot be right, that is where Windows' kernel is located.

Is the source code publicly available for this tool? If so I'd be interested in updating it if possible, as I'm using it as part of my Random map generation tool. However the last update being for 1.3.1 has limited it to only being able to generate for that version so far. Let me know if it is available to be worked on, and what the license its under, since it'd be preferable to just update this rather than remake my own version of it if possible. Thanks.
What changes were there beyond 1.3.1 that you would want to incorporate?

You are somehow running this out of Windows' system32 folder. That cannot be right, that is where Windows' kernel is located.

Hadn't tested on version past 1.3.1 when I made the original post, but have since tested it and glad to see its working and stable still. I guess it's more just I want to make sure the program doesn't break with any future update since it's providing half the functionality of my tool currently and wasn't sure if it was being actively maintained since the last update was for version 1.3.1 but seems like you're still on it.

Hadn't tested on version past 1.3.1 when I made the original post, but have since tested it and glad to see its working and stable still. I guess it's more just I want to make sure the program doesn't break with any future update since it's providing half the functionality of my tool currently and wasn't sure if it was being actively maintained since the last update was for version 1.3.1 but seems like you're still on it.
So your Python tool is calling my java tool to get the job done? If it works, I suppose :D

I am slow with my patches but I am still maintaining and would be open for suggestions. If people are still using the tool and there isn't something entirely superior out there.

So your Python tool is calling my java tool to get the job done? If it works, I suppose :D

I am slow with my patches but I am still maintaining and would be open for suggestions. If people are still using the tool and there isn't something entirely superior out there.
Yep that's how its setup currently. Seems to be mostly working too. However have had a few users encounter this error, which I see is also reported on this thread:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: kld/ck3tools/mapfiller/ConvertXlsToProvinces has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

Which seems to imply that their systems Java version is outdated, yet checking their version shows the most recent version. This may be a weird request but would you be able to recompile the Jar to version 52, and alternatively the latest Java version? Just to see if one of these is able to fix it. Or if you're aware of what may be causing the error and are able to fix that it'd be much appreciated, thanks.

Their version must be outdated. Running Java 8 in their console.
I thought so too but I've had multiple people who say they've tried updating, and even reinstalling. Also made them check version through cmd with "java -version", which I believe should give an accurate version number to the version that's running it since its run through console, even checked System Path to make sure it was not pointing at some outdated installation of Java somehow despite cmd showing the latest version.

I'm not really familiar enough with Java to provide any further solutions which is why I thought recompiling it may fix the issue or potentially at least help diagnose it.

EDIT: Had a proper look at versions and figured out they just needed JDK installed, so for anyone getting the error below install JDK

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: kld/ck3tools/mapfiller/ConvertXlsToProvinces has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

Last edited:
I'm not good at modding things and scripting, I upped the memory allocation and it still gives me this error. Tbf idk if this is up to date or anything I'm kinda just assuming it works as is lol
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.bean.Province.newUnusedProvince(Province.java:29)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.parseProvinces(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:795)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.load(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:188)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.main(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:161)

Edit it would appear something is off with my map, The Azgaar converter has worked fine all 3 maps I've randomly generated, so I'll just remake my original map.

Last edited:

I don't quite understand. What is a problem about it and how would that have happened?
Is it an issue with where Java is located, or the Mapfiller tools?

I'm not good at modding things and scripting, I upped the memory allocation and it still gives me this error. Tbf idk if this is up to date or anything I'm kinda just assuming it works as is lol
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.bean.Province.newUnusedProvince(Province.java:29)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.parseProvinces(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:795)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.load(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:188)
at kld.ck3tools.mapfiller.ConvertXlsToProvinces.main(ConvertXlsToProvinces.java:161)

Edit it would appear something is off with my map, The Azgaar converter has worked fine all 3 maps I've randomly generated, so I'll just remake my original map.
It seemed to have run out of memory. Can be 1) you really don't have enough memory available or 2) some deep lying problem like cyclic reference.

The generated 00_province_terrain.txt seems to generate the following error in error.log:
Code:
[14:16:26][terraintype.cpp:422]: Cannot read default at  file: common/province_terrain/00_province_terrain.txt line: 0
This is caused by the first line:
Code:
default=plains
In the current vanilla version the first three lines are:
Code:
default_land=plains
default_sea=sea
default_coastal_sea=coastal_sea
Using the vanilla lines fix the error.

Sorry, the message sent before I was done writing. I needed to fill in the file address to the Ck3tools in order to convert the map, but it sent me this error
Screenshot_2023-10-01_162740.png

From there, the head developer of the Azgaar converter told me to open the config.properties, and it this is what it said
Apparently there was something wrong so the dev sent me a new config properties code (config.properties 2 file)
He then told me to run mapfiller.bat and told me to take a screenshot of the output, where I got this error
Screenshot_2023-10-01_165320.jpeg

He didn’t recognize it, so I’m wondering if you do? I have no knowledge of coding, but I can follow directions you give me well. If it’s easier to talk on discord, my user is “melasculairl”. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• config.properties.txt
    3,5 KB · Views: 0
  • config.properties 2.txt
    3,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@FoxVe

Something to do with me putting empty files in place of vanilla files to remove them from the game. That was necessary until replace_path was fixed. So this is obsolete code and if get around releasing a new version this particular error cannot appear anymore. As for the reason, I don't know.

@FoxVe

Something to do with me putting empty files in place of vanilla files to remove them from the game. That was necessary until replace_path was fixed. So this is obsolete code and if get around releasing a new version this particular error cannot appear anymore. As for the reason, I don't know.
Oh well, thanks for the response