• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like it, that there is so many Pictish tribes. In the latter years if they unify, then they could pose a real threat.
(I would like to propose some end game challanges here. One would be an invasion from Mu. They are a bit more advanced than the Hyborian nations, but no muskets. Think like early and late medieval. In a certain later year an event could pop-up about "sighting of weird ships". If the player chooses "nonsense", than it wouldn't happen. If he agrees, than three Khitai shore provinces become beachheads for the forces of Mu. Around four divisions each. If the player, or Khitai can't destroy those, than every month new forces will arrive.

A different idea is for the rare scenario if Conan looses the throne of Aquilonia. Either in the civil war, or in any other way. A character like Conan wouldn't just drop dead. The AI, or player could choose if Conan moves North, South, West, or East. In the North he would rejoin his tribe, and take leadership, also unifying Cimmeria. In the East he could claim the throne of Turan, or some other nation. In the West he could leave the main continent, and sail for the far away western lands of mythical tales.)

Howdy. I've got good news and bad news.

Here's the good news:

t55950.png

The bad news is that I just realized I've lost some progress. I have no idea where I've saved the files, and I'm afraid that I've inadvertently deleted them. Luckily I have plenty of backup copies and what I've lost was just the work of a day or two.

Last edited:
Right now the map lacks East Asia. I'll add that later, if I have the time and the energy. But right now I'll focus on the existing areas.

Anyways, I had some thoughts about Hyrkania. Usually Hyrkania is depicted as a Russia-like kingdom that lies between "Europe" and "China". However, my impression (from the close reading of the Hyborian Age essay) is that the Hyrkanians began on the eastern shore of Asia (modern China) and pushed westwards till they reached the Vilayet sea, stretching across the continent. Basically I see them as the Hyborian age equivalent of Gengish Khan's empire.

However, such an empire would be incredibly powerful. It would have as much IC and manpower as every other country combined. That wouldn't be very fun. So maybe they could an event in the beginning of play which would say something like: "We're a huge multinational empire and blah blah blah, so it's difficult to run such an empire."

Basically, only urban provinces would be national provinces. Others would have a chance for revolts. Hyrkania would still be extremely powerful, but they'd also have to worry about partisans.

Hyrkanian City-States (Turanian puppet on the eastern shore of the Vilayet sea) would, likewise, only have national provinces on the titular city-states. However, they could also "declare independence", i.e. revoke their puppet status. In such a case Turan would declare war against them, but they would also get national provinces and free units ("Tribes unite" or similar event).

I think the Hyrkanians are more of an equivalent of the Hun Empire or the Scythians. The Empire of Genghis has fallen in less than a hundred years. While similar thing happened to the Huns, they had an Empire even before Attila and a much longer history.
Basically there is a ruling aristocratic tribe and vassal tribes as a confederacy. In the Genghis road this was achieved with subjugation, and in the case of Attila, this was achieved in diplomatic ways. (He spent years wandering across Asia to gather support and allies.)
The Hyrkanians probably do the same as the Huns, so they band together in a confederacy, but with a single ruling tribe. (This has the benefit of lasting longer in history, but the other tribes are quite autonomous.)
In game terms it could be a main tribal nation and a few puppet tribes, which try to gain favours, or try to play their own game.

Super dope map. Are those long provinces the mountain peaks? They go around that huge lake.

I will necro this thread. Does someone have the different versions of this mod. I might just try and reanimate this mod.
Are you there somewhere Miihkali? Do you work on this sometimes?