• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dahoota

Colonel
34 Badges
May 28, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
In my experience, CKII has been a very stable game. In over 200 hours of playing in the last few years, I don't think I've had a graphical glitch or a CTD.

That is, until now.

.....wut?

Maybe this belongs in the bugs sub, but I felt it was so unusual (and I'm guessing fairly rare) that I thought people might be interested to see it.

It seems like there's something wrong with the mesh of that Bulgarian cavalry model....? I can only guess, I have no expertise in this area.

Last edited:
Looks like one of the vertices of his helmet got misplaced. It's either calculation error, but it may also indicate that your RAM or VRAM are malfunctioning.

The only time I've had graphics errors like that in any game was shorty before my graphics card died.

Yup - I had this exact same graphical error, a brown cone shooting out of one province and extending over all the map. I only ever had it once in CK2. I turned my PC off and went to bed. Next day my graphics card had a stroke and died when I was playing World of Warcraft.

OP - prepare yourself.

OP - prepare yourself.

That's anecdotal evidence. I had exactly the same problem in CK2. Two years later, my GPUs are fine.
This is not a serious issue, most likely overflow during some calculations or a single faulty bit in memory circuit. Position of z axis one vertex is negative instead of positive and it is rendered behind the camera. while it's neighbouring vertices are trying to connect with it.

I suppose everyone under the "brown beacon" should be glad its coming from his helmet instead of the opposite end.

That's anecdotal evidence. I had exactly the same problem in CK2. Two years later, my GPUs are fine.
This is not a serious issue, most likely overflow during some calculations or a single faulty bit in memory circuit. Position of z axis one vertex is negative instead of positive and it is rendered behind the camera. while it's neighbouring vertices are trying to connect with it.

You have insulted me. I challenge you to a duel! I shall see you at the apple tree at first light!

[video=youtube;9CS7j5I6aOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CS7j5I6aOc[/video]

Do you get it every-time you start the game or was it just that session?