• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Party: Independent in Nice, Savoie.

[Politician]
[None[

I must now feel I must justify my choice: I, unlike some others, am not "jumping ship" as it were, I have chosen to leave the party not due to its leadership, but due to its members; who have shown their true, reactionary colours. Colours which do not follow my ideals in any way shape or form.

~Achille Agostino Constantino

Party: I Tradizionalisti - I Granrealisti

[Militarist]
[No Bonus]

Amidst the rise of republican sentiments in some political circles, Cignetti, Marchese di Alba, makes public his short story compilation on the trials of an upstanding monarchist.

Cignetti respectfully requests membership at the Royal Literary Society, citing in his presentation speech: "Should we not honour the Greco-Roman tradition, gentlemen? Therefore follows the presentation of this work, on the recalling of Hercules' legendary twelve deeds, a very human chronicle of our political challenges."

The Six Tasks of Bonaretti
Cronica polittica di Sardegna-Piemonte, un Regno sotto Dio
di Andrea Damiano Cignetti, il Marchese di Alba

INDEX

The Hydra
or how chopping the heads of beasts is a time-honoured undertaking

Jacobinism
or the relief to be so close, yet so far from France

Bonapartism
an account of the Kingdom's glory for ruling over the best of the Mediterranean islands

Protestantism and Godlessness
or acta deo numquam mortalia fallunt (mortal actions never deceive God)

Civil Disobedience
the rejection of Thoreau and the vicious rebelliousness from the North

Freemasonry
or the call against heathenry, secrecy and insubordination

Party: I Tradizionalisti

[Politico]
[Nessuno]

The Rt. Hon. Don Carlo Agostino Uleri, M.P.
Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs

La Lega Constituzionale

[Politician]
[None]

~ Carlo Vito Saffri

[Aristocrat]
[Senator: +25% PP]

Party: Partito di Unitá/I Pretoriani

[Aristocrat]
[Sonn to be Emperor, 0% PP bonus :(]

~ Conte Maximillian von Habsburg-Lorraine, 2nd Conte di Annecy, Minister of Education and Party Leader of Partito di Unitá

Party: La Lega Constituzionale

[Politician]
[None]

- Alberto Perrizini

((Private Il Sardo Share holders, updated for railroad purchase and Thoctar buying shares.)

Il Concord Sardo Financial Report 1851 B

Share Holder Income:
Share Holder / Prior Monetary Balance / Increase / New Balance
Oleoso di Sinistra / 314.8 pounds / -97.2 /217.6 pounds (1117.6 after money earned for stock sale)
Carlo Platto: 399.8 pounds / -97.2 / 302.6 pounds (1202.6 after money earned for stock sale)
Enzio Ferrabino: 314.8 pounds / -97.2 / 217.6 pounds (1117.6 after money earned for stock sale)
Elias Balbo: 314.8 pounds / -97.2 / 217.6 pounds (1117.6 after money earned for stock sale)
Riccardo Cavalieri: 314.8 pounds / -97.2 / 217.6 pounds (1117.6 after money earned for stock sale)
Guglielmo Pierno: 500 pounds / 0 / 500 pounds (15% shares)

Corporate Balance:
Prior Amount / Increase / New Amount
12,600/ -13086 pounds / 0 pounds

I would like to welcome Guglielmo Pierno, he is our newest board member. He has purchases 15% of the shares for 4500 pounds.

- Riccardo Cavalieri, VP of Finance

((Private - IPMC))

I must apologize to the partners of the IPMC for confusion on my part regarding the proper procedure in the case that a measure is tied. This has been clarified for me, and as such I vote Nay on accepting the Societá Hermes' offer to use its railroads, thereby breaking the tie and defeating the measure. I shall approach the partners of Societá Hermes to negotiate a more favorable deal.

~ Ernesto Granelli, Corporazione Presidente of Il Piedmonte Manifattura Corporazione

((Private - Societá Hermes))

Greetings, gentlemen. I must inform you that the partners of IPMC have rejected the terms of your offer to use your railroads. The fee that was proposed by you cuts into the IPMC's profit margins in an undo fashion, does not reflect the contribution that the railroads would have on the IPMC's profits through increased production, and rewards Societá Hermes for preexisting production by the IPMC's factories. As such the IPMC makes the following counter-offer, which was proposed by one of its partners and which I agree with fully:

The IPMC shall pay to the SHR a fee for usage of rail in Sardinia and Piedmonte on the basis of 4% and 1% respectively of the differential in net profits after tax of the factories of the IPMC in the respective provinces who use that rail line between the net profit as at the start of the contract and the net profit at the end of each year of the contract. In addition, the contract is terminable at will by the IPMC.

I believe that this provides the most fair fee for railroad usage for both the IPMC and Societá Hermes. However, I am open to negotiation over these terms in order to reach a deal that both sides can agree with.

~ Ernesto Granelli, Corporazione Presidente of Il Piedmonte Manifattura Corporazione

Party: I Pretoriani/Partito di Unitá

[Industrialist]
[No bonus]

Party: I Pretoriani/ Partito di Unitá
[Industrialist]
[Trading in Wine, +20%PP]

[Aristocrat]
[Only When Sardinia is in flames, then you have my permission to get a bonus (0%)]

((Private - IPMC))

I must apologize to the partners of the IPMC for confusion on my part regarding the proper procedure in the case that a measure is tied. This has been clarified for me, and as such I vote Nay on accepting the Societá Hermes' offer to use its railroads, thereby breaking the tie and defeating the measure. I shall approach the partners of Societá Hermes to negotiate a more favorable deal.

((Private - Societá Hermes))

Greetings, gentlemen. I must inform you that the partners of IPMC have rejected the terms of your offer to use your railroads. The fee that was proposed by you cuts into the IPMC's profit margins in an undo fashion, does not reflect the contribution that the railroads would have on the IPMC's profits through increased production, and rewards Societá Hermes for preexisting production by the IPMC's factories. As such the IPMC makes the following counter-offer, which was proposed by one of its partners and which I agree with fully:

The IPMC shall pay to the SHR a fee for usage of rail in Sardinia and Piedmonte on the basis of 4% and 1% respectively of the differential in net profits after tax of the factories of the IPMC in the respective provinces who use that rail line between the net profit as at the start of the contract and the net profit at the end of each year of the contract. In addition, the contract is terminable at will by the IPMC.

I believe that this provides the most fair fee for railroad usage for both the IPMC and Societá Hermes. However, I am open to negotiation over these terms in order to reach a deal that both sides can agree with.

Party: I Pretoriani/Partito di Unitá

[Industrialist]
[No bonus]

((Private - I PMC))

Considering you are using the difference in net profits as your baseline, something along the lines of 60% is more applicable. Please keep in mind that we at Societa Hermes put down the capital to build the railroads, and thus it makes more sense if we get a greater share of the difference in profits. 4% seems completely ridiculous when talking about the differential, and I would appreciate if you did not give offers so low in the future.

- Marco Moretti

Party: La Lega Constituzionale

[Demagogue]
[No bonuses]

- Frederico Mopurgo