• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(358653)

Major
4 Badges
Aug 4, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle

THE INTERBELLUM
1918-1939 Alternate History

oPOtQOA.jpg

• [*] What if the Great War ended in 1917?
    [*] What if Russian revolution never happened during the Great War?
    [*] What if China managed to supress its internal crisis?
    [*] What if Europe in 1918 consisted of post-war monarchies?
    [*] What if de-colonisation started decades earlier?
    [*] What if the Interbellum was so...different?

If you want to find it out - join 'The Interbellum team' - a mod, which tells the whole different story of post-war world. Right now, the mod is at the beginning of the long, long jorney. The team consists of Falconette, Limith and DeusEversor, and I would be really glad to cooperate with all modders who are interested in this project :)

The goal is to create an alternate history campaign from 1918 to 1939 (and maybe onwards, if possible). The main 'fulcrum' of the story is that February revolution never occurred, which caused the Entente victory in late 1917. The map of the world now has Prussia, Saxony, Bavaria, the Free Cities, international settlement of Constantinople...

My old dream was to make my own project as great as Kaiserreich is :) I realize, that I will probably never make such cool mod, but I'll be happy to try :)

ENLIST NOW, I GLADLY ACCEPT ALL KINDS OF HELP, ESPECIALLY FROM MEMBERS OF KAISERREICH TEAM ;)

Right now, the team needs:

AI guy
Event guy
Scenario guy

DB and graphics mostly lay on me, but I would be happy to have more mates to work on them, because I'm creating a brand new db for the mod.

And, of course, some rough screenies of the project :)

iMvHY3w.png

Max Planck, Focke-Wulf, Borgward, Norddeutscher-Lloyd. All of them are Free Cities tech teams

BWDEMoz.png

Russia tech reams. Only lonely creator of Fedorov Avtomat is here right now :D

lZQfIkX.png

Ministers of Kingdom of Czechs, Moravs and Slovaks - a state with Nikolay Nikolayevich as the king, established by the Czechoslovak Corps

oRsIsmc.png

Wilhelm III, sovereign king of Prussia

lhkswxi.png

Ministers for Alsace Soviet Republic

jitBrsz.png

Some Russian ministers too

FMe5bNR.png
Dsr5e03.png
IJYuqvn.png
kCwUa4r.png

Event pics: Alsace Soviet rebellion, Disband of Czechoslovak Corps, Nicholas II train tragedy, Russian revolution

6cJsEIu.png

Scenario plate :) Hopefully, not only 1918 will be available

rC2rv0l.png
v7S3Qbq.png
Zn0t7Ka.png
lr6IQiQ.png

And some flags just for flavor: The Free Cities, the Tsargrad (Constantinople international settlement), Kingdom of Czechs, Moravs and Slovaks, usual Czechoslovakia (in case of republican revolt)

So, what do you think, chaps? Who would be so kind to join the team? :)

I can't help with modding, but I'd be happy to do research and ideas, if needed of course :)

I take it Germany and the central powers made a favorable peace?
I heard that if they had beat the Allies in the early days, the old order could've been saved for a time.

I take it Germany and the central powers made a favorable peace?
I heard that if they had beat the Allies in the early days, the old order could've been saved for a time.

Russia insisted on keeping monarchies in Europe and helped to suppress the revolutionary movements. Germany now consists of Prussia, Bavaria, Wurttemberg and Saxony (monarchies), the Free Cities (Bremen, Hamburg and Lubeck) - a confederative republic, and occupied French zones of Saar and Rhineland. So you are right, the WW1 ended in 1917 and the old order was saved :)

So if in your world wasn't revolution in Russia, how looks russian government? Is more democratic, set to constitutional monarchy or just like in our universe?

The mod starts in 1918 soon after new post-war borders are established. Russia is a war-torn country, which deals with high dissent, political instability and rehabilitation of its economy, which was badly damaged by the war. It's harsh autocracy with dismissed Duma, but via events you can make Russia constitutional monarchy step by step :) The possibility of the revolution and civil war is still very high ;)

Is there any way to re-unite Germany? I really wouldn't say the old order is saved when something as destabilising as forcibly partitioning Germany into separate countries occurred...

Is there any way to re-unite Germany? I really wouldn't say the old order is saved when something as destabilising as forcibly partitioning Germany into separate countries occurred...

Of course, re-unifying of Germany will be one of main 'quests' of the mod :)

This is one great idea. I can help with the events, especially Russia and Serbia (or Yugoslavia, but hopefully Serbia). I am busy with some exams right now, but I can help ;)

Okay, everyone, who wants to participate in the development - please join me via Skype, my account is viva_emperia :)

I'm pretty lame with actual event writings, but I've got quite a bit of knowledge about the period - especially regarding the lesser known things. I'd be glad to help, if wanted.

What software do you use? Some kind of darkest hour editor?

Also, why are you using HoI 2 style flags?

And I would be willing to help with events and graphics if needed, but unfortunately I am, and will be for maybe up to a year, very busy IRL, so I don't have time to do much unfortunately.