• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can do that. He will not be your heir no matter what and anyone that becomes his heir will also not be able to inherite anything from a feudal ruler. Still its not recomended to do as it can create buggy situations. The mechanics are the same in any culture or religion with republics.
So its not possible to go from feudal to republic then? Shame.

Is that not a (somewhat gamey) way of 'disposing' of a bad heir then? Gift him a Republic and skip to his genius brother?

So its not possible to go from feudal to republic then? Shame.

Is that not a (somewhat gamey) way of 'disposing' of a bad heir then? Gift him a Republic and skip to his genius brother?

Giving him bishopric works better or making him heir of one. Of course it doesn't work with pagans.

#1. Can you still Mend the Schism if:

A. Orthodox is now a heresy (and the orthodox Orthodox is Iconoclast, Monothelite, Bogomilist, or Paulician)?

B. Catholicism is now a heresy (and the orthodox Catholic is Cathar, Fraticelli, Lollard, or Waldensian)?

#2. Can you still Restore the Zoroastrian High Priesthood and/or become Saoshyant if Mazdakism or Manichaeism is currently the orthodox?

#3. And can you Create the Kingdom of Israel, Restore the Jewish High Priesthood, and/or Build the Third Temple if Samaritanism or Karaism is currently the orthodox?

Thanks!

#1. Can you still Mend the Schism if:

A. Orthodox is now a heresy (and the orthodox Orthodox is Iconoclast, Monothelite, Bogomilist, or Paulician)?

B. Catholicism is now a heresy (and the orthodox Catholic is Cathar, Fraticelli, Lollard, or Waldensian)?

#2. Can you still Restore the Zoroastrian High Priesthood and/or become Saoshyant if Mazdakism or Manichaeism is currently the orthodox?

#3. And can you Create the Kingdom of Israel, Restore the Jewish High Priesthood, and/or Build the Third Temple if Samaritanism or Karaism is currently the orthodox?

Thanks!

1A. Yes as long as catholics aren't a heresy

1B. No

2. Yes and you don't even have to be the majority religion inside the group so you can be a heretic

3. It seems currently no but you can create Kingdom of Israel with both of the heresies.

Do you keep this CB if you reform? I believe you lose Subjugation, wasn't sure if you lose this too?

You lose subjugation, you gain Holy War and Great Holy War (the last once in a lifetime. Needs twenty years to recharge too)

Invited courtiers leave after arriving

Okay, 2.1.6. No Rajahs. So my father's dead, his concubine, who likes me and was his spymaster leaves for the court she was originally robbed from. She's norse, I'm the Fylkir, I invite her, she happily joins my court. I name her spymaster and she leaves again. Rinse and repeat three times and I name someone else spymaster. Anyone else have this problem too?

I've also had concubines leave and become rulers of counties and duchies, is that WAD?

Thanks in advance, DW

hi. is this it sometimes impossible to survive? i play a jewish ethiopian dynasty and got the nubia crown and whole abyssinia. but a egyptian dynasty is just too strong. they also got mesopotamia. on the right side theres a turkish dynasty with whole saudi arabia and persia. they are the only 2 dynasties now in the middle east. the egyptian always attack me in a holy war and take nubia. i cant do shit against this. even with all mercenarys and troops i got 20 000 vs their 40 000. when i attack them while they are at war they stop fighting them and attack me or they force peace and concentrate on me. im trapped there for 200 years now always a back and forth. now its seems that they take all my lands and i cant do anything about this. they never got strong rebells and if i seem to beat their 4000 men, they spawn 20000 mercs and im done.

So my bishops aren't paying me any tax like they did before, despite maxed out like. I don't know why. When I hover over the cardinal hat it says 'loyal to the HRE emperor", why?

wRx42Ln.jpg

Okay, 2.1.6. No Rajahs. So my father's dead, his concubine, who likes me and was his spymaster leaves for the court she was originally robbed from. She's norse, I'm the Fylkir, I invite her, she happily joins my court. I name her spymaster and she leaves again. Rinse and repeat three times and I name someone else spymaster. Anyone else have this problem too?

I've also had concubines leave and become rulers of counties and duchies, is that WAD?

Thanks in advance, DW

Is the concubine an heir or pretender to a title? I have found that heirs and pretenders will sometimes leave my court to immediately head back to their home court, even if they love me and they hate their home court.

How has the Mongolian Hordes changed since Rajas of India? Do they still show up in the same places or have the locations or algorithms changed, now that the Central Asia map has changed?

hi. is this it sometimes impossible to survive? i play a jewish ethiopian dynasty and got the nubia crown and whole abyssinia. but a egyptian dynasty is just too strong. they also got mesopotamia. on the right side theres a turkish dynasty with whole saudi arabia and persia. they are the only 2 dynasties now in the middle east. the egyptian always attack me in a holy war and take nubia. i cant do shit against this. even with all mercenarys and troops i got 20 000 vs their 40 000. when i attack them while they are at war they stop fighting them and attack me or they force peace and concentrate on me. im trapped there for 200 years now always a back and forth. now its seems that they take all my lands and i cant do anything about this. they never got strong rebells and if i seem to beat their 4000 men, they spawn 20000 mercs and im done.
The bad news is the 20k stack is just their levies, not mercs :D

Playing the Ethiopian jew is one of the hardest vanilla game. I would not say it's impossible however, because there are very skilled people around here.
Seljuk and Abbassid should fight each other. Most times, Tulunid would join (if they're still there). Try using these times when Abbassids are down to strike back.

If you don't succeed and still want to play jews, you can try playing Khazars (around Crimea). Their survival is much more manageable IMHO.

Currently playing as a norse buddhist ruler in Wales/Northern England. As I converted from Norse(Åsatru) to Buddhism several generations ago, I think I am considered casteless. Is it possible for my character to somehow join a caste? I know it's not such a big deal when you're playing as a Buddhist, but the small bonus to prestige/wealth/karma looks nice. I looked around on the wiki a bit, and I noticed there was an event that allowed you to join the warrior caste for a hefty fee, although I think it's only available to Hindus.

Is it somehow possible for my casteless Buddhist king to join a caste?

1: Does a Duchy need to exist to drift or do you just need to control 100% of the counties in it?
2: If you have a secondary Kingdom with no Dukes (just counts) will anyone desire the Kingdom?
3: If you have a vassal Merchant Republic (duke-level) in a secondary kingdom will the Republic's leader desire the Kingdom?