• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One little interesting thing I don't think a lot of people noticed yet (it isn't on the reddit summary I think): the devs do want to and are considering putting a republic (or republics) in the Indian Ocean, but haven't found or determined a suitable candidate, and judging from Johan's tone it doesn't appear like its likely one will be added. Although frankly some of the existing republics don't fit the Venetian style republic mechanics anyways, so I hope they'll add in something.

One little interesting thing I don't think a lot of people noticed yet (it isn't on the reddit summary I think): the devs do want to and are considering putting a republic (or republics) in the Indian Ocean, but haven't found or determined a suitable candidate, and judging from Johan's tone it doesn't appear like its likely one will be added. Although frankly some of the existing republics don't fit the Venetian style republic mechanics anyways, so I hope they'll add in something.

Could easily be a Hansa style emergent event.

Cultural Setup Map? What's that? (For those of us who can't watch it for a while)

Looked like the Indian Subcontinent has 7-8 cultures. The only thing that felt sort of missing in the Cultural setup that we saw was a Tajik culture imo. The Persian culture blob looks even bigger now.

The Culture map mode.

I thought that was sort of obvious by my post :D

ETA: I just found the exact moment.

Indian Cultures:

Sindhi
Panjabi
Hindustani
Rajput
Bengali
Assamese
Oriya
Marathi
Kannada
Tamil
(And i can't actually read the name of the Sri Lankan Culture :D)

An Afghan and a Baluchi (Baloch) culture have been added as well.

Last edited:
Could easily be a Hansa style emergent event.

Perhaps, if it's a generic one. Though I dunno why they'd do that when there are some decent candidates out there, in my opinion. It'd be like having no Venice or genoa at the 1066 start but having them appear in the 1300s

Yeah, I hope they try whinging it a bit. Any coastal, heavily trade oriented city with a strong aristocracy would do it. I think it would be a reasonable compromise between gameplay and history to add one or two republics there.

I thought that was sort of obvious by my post :D

ETA: I just found the exact moment.

Indian Cultures:

Sindhi
Panjabi
Hindustani
Rajput
Bengali
Assamese
Oriya
Marathi
Kannada
Tamil
(And i can't actually read the name of the Sri Lankan Culture :D)

An Afghan and a Baluchi (Baloch) culture have been added as well.

The Lankans are certainly Sinhalese

We don't. Know about the Khitan yet - they probably won't be an invasion, it seems, but they could be playable characters from the early to mid 1100s.
I'm definitely hoping for it. Should be Buddhist Mongols in game terms, aye?