• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I think many complaints can be stopped if they would atleast reveal some information about it. A lot of problems are caused by the fact that we just know one sentence of the whole deal.

It's announcement day. What do you expect?

I know it's not Steam's fault alright. Steam just happens to be the platform that distributes the updates. That's why I brought it up.

The ideal decision would be that the map extension would be included in the expansion, not in the patch.

That way you can turn it off with the check of a box when it bogs your game down.

Why do people think the map will only be extended with the dlc? That makes absolutely no sense. People with the dlc would not be able to play with people who do not have it. It makes a lot more sense that the map is patched in. Just make the three new religions only playable with the new dlc.

First time I am dissapointed in these forums(well not counting the Project Nero not being Rome2). It's not really related to Crusaders or Kings, the game will be slower. I mean it's half a new continent so it will need half new already existing features to not to be dull. If it's going to use the same boring feudal system it's even worse. And if they will get new systems, but christian won't it will be even duller to play as a christian

One complete weekend of bickering, fighting among the forumites (divide et impera; well done Johan ;) ), high hopes, trash, stories, offtopic rants and nonsensical arguments lasting for many, many pages.

Wonderful.:cool:

to the extent that it makes all the praise, yeah.

(i think forums are passé anyway, we should just have the newsboard, no comments)

from the first map expansion dlc, as well as their dlc system in general

IRC, there wasn't any map extension DLC for CKII. Their DLC system is pretty ambiguous. IN fact, excluding part of a map is easier to maintain when comparing to disable retinues/cardinal system.

I am utterly amazed at the amount of rage I am seeing. =o Usually, the forums are filled with well articulated differences of opinion, but today, it's full of sheer rage and disgust. Is it because it's India? I mean, what is this? They are expanding the scope of the game, what's so bad about that?

Because it's nothing but adding more territory for blob fanatics and people who think adding more of the map is objectively better. It's incredibly disappointing for people who were hoping Paradox would concentrate on fleshing out and improving what they already have and instead find they're going to go devote more time to a region with little relevance to the crusading period and which is even more poorly represented by the Western European feudal governance template than the middle east already is. It's ignoring things people have been clamoring for for ages such as improved roleplaying, playable theocracies, reworked decadence, more flavor for non-Norse pagans, etc., in favor of something very few people wanted. And since I know people will start it eventually, this has nothing to do with "entitlement", it has to do with Paradox ignoring everything people are saying about how to make their game more enjoyable for the fanbase and things they themselves have said they are interested in reworking such as decadence in order churn out what I fear will be another half-baked region which will ultimately not differ very much from any other region on the map and will add more headaches and "realistic worlds" nonsense than it will add enjoyment.

It's even worse than Si because at least SI was just reskinned Mongols and I doubt required the amount of dev time this will.

IRC, there wasn't any map extension DLC for CKII. Their DLC system is pretty ambiguous. IN fact, excluding part of a map is easier to maintain when comparing to disable retinues/cardinal system.

You're right, there was, however, a map expansion patch.

It added West Africa and something else I can't remember. It was a long time ago, but if you look it up on google you can find it.

--

My mistake, it should've read patch in the post you're responding to. If I'd meant DLC, I would've been supporting your view.

The problem is... How should it work? Currently every DLC that add characters and titles has them in a patch. West Africa was added in a patch too. I'm not sure it's even possible to have too games in one game. But we should wait.

You're right, there was, however, a map expansion patch.

It added West Africa and something else I can't remember. It was a long time ago, but if you look it up on google you can find it.

That was not a map extension. They just put new provinces to the empty space in the existing map.

Because it's nothing but adding more territory for blob fanatics and people who think adding more of the map is objectively better. It's incredibly disappointing for people who were hoping Paradox would concentrate on fleshing out and improving what they already have and instead find they're going to go devote more time to a region with little relevance to the crusading period and which is even more poorly represented by the Western European feudal governance template than the middle east already is. It's ignoring things people have been clamoring for for ages such as improved roleplaying, playable theocracies, reworked decadence, more flavor for non-Norse pagans, etc., in favor of something very few people wanted. And since I know people will start it eventually, this has nothing to do with "entitlement", it has to do with Paradox ignoring everything people are saying about how to make their game more enjoyable for the fanbase and things they themselves have said they are interested in reworking such as decadence in order churn out what I fear will be another half-baked region which will ultimately not differ very much from any other region on the map and will add more headaches and "realistic worlds" nonsense than it will add enjoyment.

It's even worse than Si because at least SI was just reskinned Mongols and I doubt required the amount of dev time this will.

Seriously?

I've never blobbed in all the time I've played this game. The closest was my recent game to try and reform the Suomenski so I could carry it on into EU4. Where I was forced to be extra ambitious and aggressive just to get those lands, and hold them long enough to reform.

And finally, for everyone calling for those things you've said? There's been as many wanting an expanded map so that there would be realistic pressures on the various powers.

I'm ELATED about this DLC. It will give some realistic pressures to the middle east, which turns out so ahistorically in every game I've ever seen it's almost hilarious.

Seriously?

I've never blobbed in all the time I've played this game. The closest was my recent game to try and reform the Suomenski so I could carry it on into EU4. Where I was forced to be extra ambitious and aggressive just to get those lands, and hold them long enough to reform.

And finally, for everyone calling for those things you've said? There's been as many wanting an expanded map so that there would be realistic pressures on the various powers.

I'm ELATED about this DLC. It will give some realistic pressures to the middle east, which turns out so ahistorically in every game I've ever seen it's almost hilarious.

We also need China/Khitan to put pressure to the Mongol. Cann't wait for a Far East map extension.

I'm really excited.

But if Paradox represents Jainism as a Hindu heresy, which I have this dark feeling that they might do, I will probably actually cry.

All that aside, playing in India will be great fun. I have every intention of colonizing England as the emperor of Hindustan.

I think it's great. India can interact with the Muslim world that will interact with Europe, causing a ripple effect. Would also be neat if the Seljuks get fleshed out so they don't just pop out of nowhere but have to be triggered by events in the orient.