Paradox Short Story Contest 2014 - Rewrite History!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I put one in also. 5,000 words goes much faster than you might think if you're not used to writing. It's about 15-20 pages.

I think, unless the accounts were brief, it would be challenging to put much of a sequence of multiple events. It could be done, but you'd need a well thought out format for it.

I sent mine in on the 18th. I got a confirmation email the 20th so just give it a few days.

Anybody interested in telling the event they chose? Also for those that are not selected what will Paradox Books do with the stories? Destroy it, post them to be read on their site, nothing?

Edit- I chose the Siege of Belgrade (1456). Poor Hunyadi's troops failed miserably at their foolish charge.

Got my confirmation, thx for the answers! ;)

Again, good luck everyone! :D

Also, if my story doesn't win, i'll post it on my homepage and on the forums here i think... :)

That's a great idea. My story's finished but I can't come up with a title.

Use your divergence, so for instance: "What if Hitler had won WWII??"

This entire project has made me so happy. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to do something so fun!

Also, is the 5000 word limit a hard limit? Or can we go slightly over?

Last edited:
Just submitted my entry. Good luck everyone!

I sent mine in on the 18th. I got a confirmation email the 20th so just give it a few days.

Anybody interested in telling the event they chose? Also for those that are not selected what will Paradox Books do with the stories? Destroy it, post them to be read on their site, nothing?

Edit- I chose the Siege of Belgrade (1456). Poor Hunyadi's troops failed miserably at their foolish charge.

I couldn't really think of any date during this time that I thought would be interesting so I did the Crusade for Varna. I don't think it was very good, but it was the first time I had finished a story I started writing.

So what time on Friday does this close? I only found the competition on Monday, which makes me a little pressed for time. Still, 2k words down.

As they stated "no later than January 31st", i'd say if it's still Friday in Sweden when you send your story, it's in... but that's just a guess of course!

Question: at what time does the contest end? That'd be great to know, cause I'm somewhat tight on schedule.

One last question, what is the definite hard cap for words? My story is sitting at 5,535 right now and I would hate to have to cut it, but I also don't want it to be eliminated on a technicality for 35 too many words.