• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's not as far as I understand it. There's just always a risk of save game incompatibility.

Not had issues with non compatibility and saves before, why is this patch any different?

I do not think it is different. If anything it looks like this patch will have less of a risk at breaking saves. They just have realized that they need to warn people since it has historically broken some peoples games.

- Diplo AI: Imprisoned vassals or below will always accept a demand for religious conversion, and go free from prison

As others have pointed out, I'm worried about that. Please, remove "always" from that sentence... AI should be able to refuse conversion when character is zealous, or old and pious, or hates your guts, for example.

But I love those other changes and fixes.

It's a shame we didn't get the chance to mod succession laws though.

But excellent patch nonetheless.

This. Lots of excellent stuff in there. The council job thing, intrigue plots vs. barons -> small things that weren't gamebreaking but slightly annoying still being fixed.
Still I agree that being able to mod succession would be huge.

Last edited:
No steps to nerf the islamic factions and the HRE? By mid and late game it all becomes boring, with 2 or 3 massive factions that swallow everything. It´s completely ahistorical and makes the game really boring, as everything but holy wars becomes very secondary.

This is the first official acknowledgment of the existence of a Linux version. The only previous clue was that in the Steam description of the game Linux is listed as supported (though installing it does not actually work). The theory I have seen is that there currently is a private beta test of the Linux version and that it will go public when the Steam Linux beta ends. Purely speculation of course and none has any idea when or if there will be a GamersGate version.

When Steam goes live with Linux, it will work automatically if you own ck2 on steam, just as it works for mac.

When Steam goes live with Linux, it will work automatically if you own ck2 on steam, just as it works for mac.

Thanks for confirming the rumours. And thanks again for making a Linux version! When Steam Linux goes lives I wont no longer have to reboot or run wine to run CKII.

I've read the log a few times now, waited till today so maybe someone brought it up before me: what about the UI problems of 1.07b? The Family tree dialog thats popping up and below others, the splitting of armies dialog thats simply disappearing? Yeh I know I need to pause to 'fix' but this isnt viable in multi. Oh well I'll wait and see ;)

What do you guys figure will be the minimum amount of files modders will need to update/tweak for their mods, to work with 1.08?

Last edited:
Any news on a possible fix to Mongol ultra stacks. I guess the issue will be the same with Azteks. a Stack of 120 k is at present impossible to beat and I just cannot see a non gamey way to beat them.