• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two "quick questions" for TFH. What exactly does TFH event/decision do for Britain and how long does it last, and does the USSR still DOW Germany if London falls?

Thanks!

As France I conquered Germany as soon as mid 1937, then I turned mes armées on Italia only to see Germany doing the Anschluss of Austria by mid '38... Of course I crushed it very fast but still... what the hell ?

As France I conquered Germany as soon as mid 1937, then I turned mes armées on Italia only to see Germany doing the Anschluss of Austria by mid '38... Of course I crushed it very fast but still... what the hell ?
I guess that scenario is so much ahistorical that no one even thought about it being possilbe :D

Is it WAD that attack/defend modifier increased by Radar from planes gets lower for each plane in a stack? I can't check the exact numbers but I remember intercepting with 4 wings (4 units) above lvl 10 Radar. The first wing would have a ridiculous 300% attack/defend modifier (+100%ish from Radar I'm guessing), the second one a bit lower, the third a bit lower than the second and the fourth wing had the lowest. For the fourth, the tooltip would say 'Radar: +0.0%', so radar was there, it just didn't do anything.

For how long?

I think 9 months (200 some odd days), but I might be wrong. It's a nice chunk of time, though. I tend to just cover my own air space until it expires. The decision is so powerful that even on normal difficulty, it's a waste of effort to run any kind of concentrated bombing campaign against the Brits (on very hard, it turns British airspace into a death trap). More economical to convoy raid them or do something else.

Now, when it expires, it's game on. And if you run the earliest possible Danzig or War, rush to tale out both Poland and France, you can still be ready to bomb the Brits by 1940. You gotta start the war in January of 39 and get France beaten by mid 39, since the decision does not fire until France has fallen. The longer you take beating the French, the later they get to fire the decision.

I think 9 months (200 some odd days), but I might be wrong. It's a nice chunk of time, though. I tend to just cover my own air space until it expires. The decision is so powerful that even on normal difficulty, it's a waste of effort to run any kind of concentrated bombing campaign against the Brits (on very hard, it turns British airspace into a death trap). More economical to convoy raid them or do something else.

Now, when it expires, it's game on. And if you run the earliest possible Danzig or War, rush to tale out both Poland and France, you can still be ready to bomb the Brits by 1940. You gotta start the war in January of 39 and get France beaten by mid 39, since the decision does not fire until France has fallen. The longer you take beating the French, the later they get to fire the decision.

Yikes! That is a LONG time. In my Germany game it is the 3rd week of July '39. I just transferred my victorious army from Poland (Danzig or War was on 1 July), and I'm pushing into The Netherlands, since they joined the Allies before the war started.

I can't take out Britain before '41 then. I'll just concentrate on subs, and take the Med, especially since Republican Spain won their civil war.

How does the disengage timer work? Also, is Blockade Runner simply a defensive trait suited for transports to get out of a bad situation fast or is it useful for offensive carrier fleets as well?
A naval battle either ends by deorging the enemy, or by someone manually retreating.
However, naval retreat is similar to battle reinforcement, once you choose to retreat, you'll have a chance to retreat each hour. Blockade Runner gives the attached ships a higher chance. So more likely something good for TP/SAG then for CV, which should stay away from the enemy anyways.

I don't know what TFH event does, but SU still declares war in London falls.

was changed as of 3.062, and 4.01, once you take london OR several major ports the SOV's attack

I've never really bothered to play the US, but do they really have this crippling low amount of airforce leaders?

There is no way I can run air superiority, ground attacks, CAGs and strat bombing with just this handful of air leaders :unsure:

I've never really bothered to play the US, but do they really have this crippling low amount of airforce leaders?

There is no way I can run air superiority, ground attacks, CAGs and strat bombing with just this handful of air leaders :unsure:
Don't forget, that '36 is in the middle of deep yankee isolationism. They'll grow if you let the time progress, so if you're joining war at the historic date, you should have enough of them.

Can someone help me with basic air-bridge strategy? Let's say I am Germany invading Russia, and I have supply problems for whatever reason in a wide area affecting 10-15 divisions intermittently. How do I solve this?

From what I gather you use a starting point in berlin relaying to airports up until the front? How many planes are we talking about in the relay?

Most importantly: Do the final transports have to land their supplies right on top of the units in question, or if you supply the general area will the supplies be distributed out?

You get more later.

But be sure to use them carefully. If you spam CAGs, that can use up a ton of air leaders. You might only assign 1 leader per pair of CAGs or 1 air leader per CTF so your bombers and fighters in Europe can get the leaders they need.

Last edited:
Can someone help me with basic air-bridge strategy? Let's say I am Germany invading Russia, and I have supply problems for whatever reason in a wide area affecting 10-15 divisions intermittently. How do I solve this?

From what I gather you use a starting point in berlin relaying to airports up until the front? How many planes are we talking about in the relay?

Most importantly: Do the final transports have to land their supplies right on top of the units in question, or if you supply the general area will the supplies be distributed out?

Shorter the hops the more transfers you get. You can try to use the final hop to drop onto the armies but that typically is too annoying to manage, I will use supply mapmode, draw the supply path with the battleplans,t hen drop over to air mode and rebase my transports, lay down a level 1, rebase, and repeat. Make sure the airbase is right in the thick of the supply line cause air supply will not run if the province is properly supplied, you want it to be in constant demand. Typically keeping every hop the same amount of planes is most effective, if you are going to split off at some point make sure the splits halve the number of planes. Air supply key provinces behind the line that are constantly brown if you have air superiority issues.

EDIT: Also for the final hop that drops on non airbase provinces, make sure it has multiple target provinces to drop in cause on any given start of a day if the target province goes green/blue then the entire days work is not done cause it will not fly, if it has a secondary target it will drop there on that day.

OK thanks, but I guess my supply ignorance is becoming evident, but I really don't know what to do still:

1. I don't understand why you keep rebasing them.
2. So I want my intermediate air bases to be in well supplied zones?
3. For the final do I want to be dropping into well supplied or poorly supplied areas?

1. You put 3 in berlin, 3 in the next hop, 3 in the next, and then at the end the planes at the last airbase will randomly drop supplies in brown provinces close to the front lines.

2. They wont be in good supply ever technically cause they are pulling their 30 days supply and dumping it ahead in the line. The reason you want the airbases in the thick of your supply highway is because the planes will not do their air supply mission if their target province is green or blue, if the airbase is smack dab in the middle of your pipeline, the demands are outrageous there and the planes delivering supplies to the next airbase in line will never turn that base green or blue so you will have a constant airbridge instead of a days delay while the green local supply is depleted(supply updates at 000 of each day).

3. The Air supply mission can be assigned to any province but the planes will sit "resting" if the province its meant to drop in is pure green or blue. The end hop should be dropping supply in multiple provinces because at the end of any given day it could fill the local supply past the demand for the province turning it into blue or green which would trigger the planes to sit idle for an entire day the next day. If you set multiple targets then when this would have occured, it would have begun air supplying the other target provinces then.