• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you mark a character interesting?

I see there is a folder named "achievements" in CK2. Are the achievements active in Paradox Connect? I don't see my game there (only EU3).

They were originally planned, but as of currently there are zero plans to ever implement them. In fact, the next EUIII patch will remove achievements from there as well.

Can you transfer a Duchy/Emirate between two Kingdoms? I created the Kingdom of Georgia first and then created Mesopotamia but one of my Emirates that is De Jure part of Mesopotamia is still in Georgia. Destroying and recreating the Kingdom seems harsh since I will get opinion penalties.

Can you transfer a Duchy/Emirate between two Kingdoms? I created the Kingdom of Georgia first and then created Mesopotamia but one of my Emirates that is De Jure part of Mesopotamia is still in Georgia. Destroying and recreating the Kingdom seems harsh since I will get opinion penalties.
If I'm understanding correctly, you're talking about de jure drift here and there is a duchy that used to be de jure part of Mespotamia and has drifted into Georgia. If you hold both kingdoms, in order for it to drift back, you'd have to destroy the Kingdom of Georgia title and control all of the duchy in question. If you did this then the other duchies in Georgia will also drift into Mespotamia at the same time eventually making Georgia a titular title.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're talking about de jure drift here and there is a duchy that used to be de jure part of Mespotamia and has drifted into Georgia. If you hold both kingdoms, in order for it to drift back, you'd have to destroy the Kingdom of Georgia title and control all of the duchy in question. If you did this then the other duchies in Georgia will also drift into Mespotamia at the same time eventually making Georgia a titular title.

No, it wasn't caused by Drift. When I created Mesopotamia there was an Emirate that I had still not conquered. When I conquered it, it became part of my primary Kingdom of Georgia - which makes sense now that I think of it. So, the problem is that I created Mesopotamia too early - I should have waited until I had controlled the last Emirate. Or I could have made Mesopotamia my Primary before conquering that last Emirate. What happens when you Destroy a Kingdom? Who's opinion are you actually hurting? Only those who have a claim on it right? Not the vassals within the Kingdom? In that case recreating it might be an option for me especially since my Liege is already 59 years old.

No, it wasn't caused by Drift. When I created Mesopotamia there was an Emirate that I had still not conquered. When I conquered it, it became part of my primary Kingdom of Georgia - which makes sense now that I think of it. So, the problem is that I created Mesopotamia too early - I should have waited until I had controlled the last Emirate. Or I could have made Mesopotamia my Primary before conquering that last Emirate. What happens when you Destroy a Kingdom? Who's opinion are you actually hurting? Only those who have a claim on it right? Not the vassals within the Kingdom? In that case recreating it might be an option for me especially since my Liege is already 59 years old.
I think you might be misunderstanding how creation of titles works, or else I'm still not understanding your question. When you were King of Georgia, controlling most of de jure Mespotamia and you created the title Kingdom of Mespotamia, the fact that you didn't control the last duchy makes no difference. That duchy will be de jure part of Mespotamia even if you didn't control it when you created the title. If you then conquer the last duchy it will just become de facto part of your realm. Switching your primary title around before conquering the duchy won't make any difference at all to what you are trying to achieve as once you conquer the duchy it's still part of your realm, but you would be called King of Mespotamia instead of King of Georgia.

When you destroy a kingdom it's the de jure vassals whose opinion will go down (-50 I believe). For example this means that if you for some reason decided to destroy the Kingdom of Mespotamia right after creating it and before conquering that last duchy, even the Duke of that duchy you didn't control would hate you for it (as well as all the other vassals in Mespotamia) as he's de jure part of the kingdom.

Last edited:
Something I said was wrong. I haven't been able to usurp Emirate of Tigris yet because the Emir is at war still. I've captured all the provinces in the Emirate and they show up as being part of the Kingdom of Georgia. Are you saying that as soon as I Usurp the title, that these 5 provinces will then automatically switch from Georgia to Mesopotamia? They are certainly de jure Mesopotamia - will they become de facto as well when I create the Emirate?

Something I said was wrong. I haven't been able to usurp Emirate of Tigris yet because the Emir is at war still. I've captured all the provinces in the Emirate and they show up as being part of the Kingdom of Georgia. Are you saying that as soon as I Usurp the title, that these 5 provinces will then automatically switch from Georgia to Mesopotamia? They are certainly de jure Mesopotamia - will they become de facto as well when I create the Emirate?
Your situation is starting to make more sense now! They show up as being part of the Kingdom of Georgia as that is your primary title; they are part of your realm and that is really all that should matter to you. If you usurp the duchy, nothing will change or be transferred between the kingdoms, you'll just have another title. Your concern seems to be centred around the order in which you were doing things (conquering, creating), but this will make absolutely no difference in the long run, and you certainly don't need to destroy the kingdom here unless you are having issues with vassals wanting the kingdom for themselves, or you want to make some de jure drift happen.

Your situation is starting to make more sense now! They show up as being part of the Kingdom of Georgia as that is your primary title; they are part of your realm and that is really all that should matter to you. If you usurp the duchy, nothing will change or be transferred between the kingdoms, you'll just have another title. Your concern seems to be centred around the order in which you were doing things (conquering, creating), but this will make absolutely no difference in the long run, and you certainly don't need to destroy the kingdom here unless you are having issues with vassals wanting the kingdom for themselves, or you want to make some de jure drift happen.

I suppose that technically at this time it doesn't make a difference in which Kingdom the Emirate is in - but what if later on I create an Empire and dish out Kingdoms to different Lieges? Then, the Kingdom that a province belongs to is important isn't it?

How get: Pilgrim, Hafiz and Faqih. And what 2 last give?
As far as I know there is no way to get Pilgrim through playing the game normally, but you can add it through the ruler designer. Faqih gives +10 vassal opinion and Hafiz gives +5 to Muslim opinion.

Last edited:
How do i make a title my primary title, i created the Kingdom of Germany while elected Holy Roman emperor; Made the title Primogeniture so my sons would have it but now i cant make my primary title and if i don´t get my son elected as HRE, i lose ALL of my prestige?

Please CK 2 gamers, you are my only hope!

You cannot make an inferior title your primary title.

You won't lose all your prestige. Each succession inherits a fraction of prestige that is influenced by the dynasty prestige. Your son would simply not be emperor at first. However he would still inherit the Kingdom of Germany since that is not up for election. The winner of the HRE title would simply receive the title, vassals (including you) and move the capital to one of his provinces.

How do i make a title my primary title, i created the Kingdom of Germany while elected Holy Roman emperor; Made the title Primogeniture so my sons would have it but now i cant make my primary title and if i don´t get my son elected as HRE, i lose ALL of my prestige?

Please CK 2 gamers, you are my only hope!
You won't be able to make King of Germany your primary title while you are Emperor because it is a lower tier title. In other cases however, you can change which is your primary title by clicking the shield for the title and then there is a button "Make primary" on the same screen where the other usual ones would be to create/destroy/usurp a title. Don't worry though, because if you lose the election for the HRE then you will lose your Emperor title but just automatically fall back to King of Germany. You won't lose prestige, but your son will gain less prestige from month to month because of just being a King.