• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have seen this asked here a couple of times but no one answered so...

Is there a way to avoid having your character leading armies? I want to be an armchair ruler not a fighter that dies before he even gets an heir out!

If a kingdom has special creation conditions (e.g. andalusia) and is elective is it possible to elect someone who doesn't meet the conditions(without the game breaking too ofcourse)?

Is there a way to avoid having your character leading armies?

Depends a bit on if you're a vassal or not. If not, then all you need is to replace yourself with someone else in the armies. If you are, then you either need to have a negative opinion of your liege (you'll send your marshall instead) or to keep yourself busy somehow. Like by being a Steward. Or by having a small army you personally command continously sitting there. It also works if your crippled.

If a kingdom has special creation conditions (e.g. andalusia) and is elective is it possible to elect someone who doesn't meet the conditions(without the game breaking too ofcourse)?

Yes. Also possible to inherit the title by the other inheritance laws, and by Crusade/Jihad.

This may have already been asked, but 180 pages is a lot to go through, is there a way to abdicate claims? My ruler has a weak claim to HRE which is causing no end of problems and I want quit of it

This may have already been asked, but 180 pages is a lot to go through, is there a way to abdicate claims? My ruler has a weak claim to HRE which is causing no end of problems and I want quit of it

The claim is causing you problems? Only way is to try to act on the claim and lose. Costly.

I haven`t read the 180 pages (only 7), so bear with me. Useful info though

1. Is there a way to avoid loosing ships when I disband them? I`m in "my own duchy`s waters" and still loose some.

2. I once got a heir that was orthodox. Inherited catholic duchies/counties. Is there a way to change my religion (get him to be catholic)? FYI, the outcome was that he was already middle aged, he died early and strangely enough, his son was catholic (I currently play the orthodox`s grand-son and is catholic). But if that happens while inheritance with a youg heir, is it better to reform the whole counties to orthodox? (though I don`t feel so comfortable with this)

3. Can I still be a super-duke even if I have a liege king? Will the king have some access to them?

4. Someone know how to open the console in-game? I wanted to try some things and can`t cheat because my ~ don`t do anything apparently. :blush:

1) Dock in your ports.

2. I don't think you can convert as an adult to another branch of christianity or another religion unless your liege requests it. Your son probably picked up the trait from his guardian.

3. Sure, but he might decide to revoke or play loose with succession rules.

4. [alt] + 2 1 works for me.

4. Someone know how to open the console in-game? I wanted to try some things and can`t cheat because my ~ don`t do anything apparently. :blush:

SHIFT + §

Do gifts help when you try to become a marshal/diplomat of your liege?

Is there a way to find out who is his current courtier that holds this position. I am interested in order to make sure some accident happens to him.

Not as far as I know, but haven't tested. As far as I know, it's mostly about ability.

I know it shows up on the character pageg when you hover over a face, but don't think there's a way to list them.

After hovering over the icon of my spymaster I noticed that he has some sort of assassination bonus, something like +6.4 if you assign him to build a network.

I was wondering does this bonus apply to a foreign rulers when you try to kill them? Or is it an increased assassination chance for your diplomat if he gets caught or discovered?

If the bonus goes towards killing another character does this mean I have to place the intrigue expert on the current region where this character is? Or should I palce him on the starting region of the character I want to kill?

EDIT: Found some info on the wiki, but I would still love to see any of your comments. Answers here are always enlightening.

After hovering over the icon of my spymaster I noticed that he has some sort of assassination bonus, something like +6.4 if you assign him to build a network.

I was wondering does this bonus apply to a foreign rulers when you try to kill them? Or is it an increased assassination chance for your diplomat if he gets caught or discovered?

If the bonus goes towards killing another character does this mean I have to place the intrigue expert on the current region where this character is? Or should I palce him on the starting region of the character I want to kill?

EDIT: Found some info on the wiki, but I would still love to see any of your comments. Answers here are always enlightening.

It's a direct increase of the percentage chance you have of succeeding in an assassination attempt. To get it, you need to place the Spymaster with the correct job action in the County where the target for assassination resides. (Easily checked in the character window.) It also decreases the chance of discovery. This all comes in addition to the increased chance of success you get just for his Intrigue skill.

So, yes, it affects foreign leaders (but only if the Spymaster and ruler is in the same County).

I have the Icon that says a title can be usurped, but when I got the screen, Usurp is still grayed out.
The conditions for Usurp read as needing to control 50% of its holdings, and it says I have 50% . . . what am I missing?

K.
What does it mean when I have the message that someone has the wrong type of holding. Does that mean they aren't good with certain holdings in counties?

Yes. Nobility get castles, mayors get towns, and holy men get churches. If your ruler has the wrong kind of holding in their demesne, then you will get much less income from it, and management of the holding will be terrible. It would be best if you gave the holding to an unlanded courtier, or somebody with a similar holding in the county.

K.
What does it mean when I have the message that someone has the wrong type of holding. Does that mean they aren't good with certain holdings in counties?

Yes. Nobility get castles, mayors get towns, and holy men get churches. If your ruler has the wrong kind of holding in their demesne, then you will get much less income from it, and management of the holding will be terrible. It would be best if you gave the holding to an unlanded courtier, or somebody with a similar holding in the county.

And muslims combine feudal and ecclesiastical holdings. Their rulers can hold both castles and churches.

K, thx.

Now I have another problem--I engaged in a Holy War for Sicily, and I've taken everything available so far except for one place--Ragusa (not part of the original conflict, but it got involved). I've taken two of its holdings, but for some reason the final holding (City of Ragusa) isn't being sieged even though I have my troops in the county, and I don't have the option to assault it either.
Never mind that I've been sitting at 100% Warscore (technically I think it's 110% as I have 100% from Occupation and another 10% from Battles) for a while now--they refuse to capitulate . . .

K, thx.

Now I have another problem--I engaged in a Holy War for Sicily, and I've taken everything available so far except for one place--Ragusa (not part of the original conflict, but it got involved). I've taken two of its holdings, but for some reason the final holding (City of Ragusa) isn't being sieged even though I have my troops in the county, and I don't have the option to assault it either.
Never mind that I've been sitting at 100% Warscore (technically I think it's 110% as I have 100% from Occupation and another 10% from Battles) for a while now--they refuse to capitulate . . .

Holdings in a county can be held by different people, often times people outside of the realm. Chances are the Lord of Ragusa is not the Lord of that last holding in Ragusa, and whoever is Lord of it is loyal to some other state. You can click on the shield icon near the holding to pin down who owns it and then who their liege is.