• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea, they clearly aren't making another Dwarf Fortress. ;-) Someone should though, as it's a brilliant game.

Yea, they clearly aren't making another Dwarf Fortress. ;-) Someone should though, as it's a brilliant game.

Yeah, a game with dwarves would be nice. Get on it Paradox!

I'm betting on a game focused on Colonisation, instead of the boring Americas it will be about colonising Australia and South East Asia though. The title will be 'Nova Hollandia', it will be grand. :cool:

An Ancient Civilizations game would be kind of cool, and paradoxically current since it'd likely center on Egypt and then Greece. Rome has more of a classical focus, I'd like something which is dominated not by people or politics but rather ideas, gods, and bronze.

All y'all are missing the big picture here.

PI is already saturated with strategy fans in general, and history geeks in particular. What's missing? Why, that should be obvious. It's the theoretical physics geeks, of course! Why is the PI fanbase community not swarming with theoretical physics geeks? Why is that entire part of the market completely ignored by PI? Again, obvious. There's no massively epic, totally uber and insanely complex Space 4x grand strategy game.

Now, as a result of this lacking, there's another problem coming up over the cultural horizon. Youngsters are finding themselves non motivated to develop themselves into future theoretical physics geeks! So, we're heading for a wholesale collapse of science and science based stuff because PI doesn't have a super duper ultra sweet Space 4X game to motivate youngsters into pursuing theoretical physics career. And, the few that do stumble into such a career due to natural inclination, skill and ability, wont have much to work on, nor funding to pursue projects, because the general population wont have much interest in space x4 type activities because they didn't grow up playing a super uper duper ultra cool, sweet and epically massive Space 4X game made by PI.

Do it for the children!
Wont you think of the children?!

PI is already saturated with strategy fans in general, and history geeks in particular. What's missing? Why, that should be obvious. It's the theoretical physics geeks, of course! Why is the PI fanbase community not swarming with theoretical physics geeks? Why is that entire part of the market completely ignored by PI? Again, obvious. There's no massively epic, totally uber and insanely complex Space 4x grand strategy game.

Now, as a result of this lacking, there's another problem coming up over the cultural horizon. Youngsters are finding themselves non motivated to develop themselves into future theoretical physics geeks! So, we're heading for a wholesale collapse of science and science based stuff because PI doesn't have a super duper ultra sweet Space 4X game to motivate youngsters into pursuing theoretical physics career. And, the few that do stumble into such a career due to natural inclination, skill and ability, wont have much to work on, nor funding to pursue projects, because the general population wont have much interest in space x4 type activities because they didn't grow up playing a super uper duper ultra cool, sweet and epically massive Space 4X game made by PI.

Do it for the children!

a Space 4X game in the vein of the oldies but goodies Moo series and before would be an awesome addition. Just make sure there's a working Supply System ;)

Do it for the children!

Well, if that's what you want, you should check out Aurora.

Well since Paradox is becoming a much bigger company and in the last six to twelve months they have an increasing portion of their revenue coming from outside developers, one would hope that this means the Paradox developers have more financial room to devote their time to more interesting and less mainstream games. Meaning its possible that this game could be something that focuses on Alexander the Great, Crusades, Balkan Wars, maybe the highly demanded Thirty Years War game is finally here? Or perhaps I am being too hopeful. I just hope its not EUIV.

There's a PDS forum now?

Two announcements from Johan next week apparently... PS can this thread be moved to the PDS forum?

Going off Johans post on 19th June, We know there are four teams in total. CK2 DLC and the Finest Hour are known about so that leaves two more teams. Napoleons Campaign 2 may be on of those titles now thats its moved onto the development of PDS 100% and presumably there is a new game in development but I suspected that was going to be announced in August.

I dunno, maybe the release of the DLC and another expansion?

There's a PDS forum now?

It looks like it.
It's a logical step, I think they want to divide a little bit between Paradox Interactive - the publisher and Paradox Develpment Studio - the devs from eu/ck/hoi. So PDS can build up their own reputation. Imo the PDS logo should have a different color than the PI logo, and PDS games should mention "developed by Paradox" in their intro.

I shall badger the US Government into declaring Paradox a terrorist organization and demand that Swedish Government hand over the Paradoxian leadership for "questioning". If the Swedes refuse then we invade! For freedom of course... Everyone knows that Johan has been in cahoots with Osama Bin Ladin for years...

But seriously you guys at P-dox do whatever makes you happy, even if it's a game based off of Nyancat... Nyancats invading the world!

paradox has stated that they do not want to do licensed games/IP, it's just not enough freedom for them.

And the financial return isn't as good, as they have to pay the owner of the IP a fair bit of money to have the rights to the game.

Besides, PDS is great at what they're doing. Why change a winning formula?

Do it for the children!
I agree with everything except for the lack of theoretical physics geeks. We are here, just not so vocal about our desires for a 4x game from Paradox. I am glad that you are standing up for it. I have to say that I am all for it too, as long as it is done in-house!