• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
marriage and finding new courtiers seems broken now. Its almost impossible to get courtiers that are idle at their foreign court through invites or matrilineage....

It would be nice that if you had a courtier with an ambition to become x court possition and they had a higher attribute score then your current council member or you had no council member that this should be a consideration. e.g potential to fullfill ambition should be a factor strength to help invite courtiers. Im still waiting on the delivery of the game so I hope to enjoy this patch but was hoping for something like this so that whilst matralinial marriages were fixed the courts could still have a reasonable chance of getting a courtier.

I played the vanilla (no patch) for a few day normally, but then I installed the patches and DLC's but all of the coat of arms of the game got mixed up! Venice has a crescent on their coat of arms, England has some black COA wit a red and white cross, the HRE has the COA of Mainz instead of the Eagle as it should... Can I fix this?

To above poster, did you read the first post?

I reinstalled the shieldpack as needed for this patch. I noticed although it was already pre-installed on gamersgate install they now show up for the first time in the launcher...

Now ingame i see the new shields for the first time.. so it did not work as intended.

Anyone else noticed Kings/Emperors giving out duchy titles makes no sense at all?

I was Armeniacon and the esteemed Michael gave away Apulia to someone located in thrace (no holdings in Italy personally, all kept by the Emperor) and the Duchy of Azerbaijan given to the Doux of Rashkja.

I don't get what's causing this...

Anyone else noticed Kings/Emperors giving out duchy titles makes no sense at all?

I was Armeniacon and the esteemed Michael gave away Apulia to someone located in thrace (no holdings in Italy personally, all kept by the Emperor) and the Duchy of Azerbaijan given to the Doux of Rashkja.

I don't get what's causing this...

My guess is that they wanted to keep the new holdings since they haven't reached their demesne limit, but they wanted to get rid of Doux titles to avoid the relation penalty for having more than 2, so they gave them out to existing vassals, perhaps those they liked, or perhaps those whose opinion they wanted to boost.

My guess is that they wanted to keep the new holdings since they haven't reached their demesne limit, but they wanted to get rid of Doux titles to avoid the relation penalty for having more than 2, so they gave them out to existing vassals, perhaps those they liked, or perhaps those whose opinion they wanted to boost.

Suppose so, but it looks like a mess....

Im getting this error when im trying to install the patch, im using the gamersgate version

wbnwr.png

Defenders are never bound by truces, only attackers.

That is helpful and seems good for normal war. But severe if truces bind the attacker after an "inconclusive war" end is triggered. It sounds from your answer that is what is done.

As asked by others, what makes kin "important" for marriage purposes?

Repeat question: Does the new Invasion CB holding threshold mean my total holdings must be fewer than the total holdings existing in the de jure territory the CB is for (regardless of who holds them de facto)?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Im getting this error when im trying to install the patch, im using the gamersgate version

View attachment 47818

Got probably still open CK2 launcher during patch installation process. Just close launcher and use 'retry' - intallation suppose to be completed.

Anyway.

After the succesful patch installation a few most important dynasty's coat of arms looks crap. Alreadry asked few friends and they got same prob.

If I need to reinstal all the game just to got everything working after patch release it seems that someone did his job pretty bad. On the other hand I could cock-up something as well :) So... Any ideas how to sort it out?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I seem to be stuck on the basic Military tutorial. I take my fleet up to Moray, click the army tab and then disembark them onto the island... Nothing happens after that. The tutorial window doesn't update and time just keeps ticking away.

I've tried everything I can think of to advance the tutorial further than that, but nothing works. I know I can just skip to the next tutorial, but I want to see what else is in this one. Am I missing something or is it bugged?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I seem to be stuck on the basic Military tutorial. I take my fleet up to Moray, click the army tab and then disembark them onto the island... Nothing happens after that. The tutorial window doesn't update and time just keeps ticking away.

I've tried everything I can think of to advance the tutorial further than that, but nothing works. I know I can just skip to the next tutorial, but I want to see what else is in this one. Am I missing something or is it bugged?

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but this isn't the place to ask it. This is the thread for announcing and discussing the new patch. If you have something to ask/discuss, or are having trouble, start your own thread. This makes it easier for people to see, so you get an answer faster (this is a very helpful forum!), plus it doesn't clutter up other threads with Off Topic posts.

In other words, your post is off-topic, try and keep your posts relevant to a thread's topic. if you can't find a thread that covers what you want to talk about, start one of your own. (General question in the main CK2 forum, technical issues like crashes in tech support, and bugs in... bugs, ofc!)

Cheers, and welcome!

Exactly, in my game with Aargau (Habsburg) the emperor gave me the duke-title of the newly conquered Sardinia but kept his two baronies. After conquering Mecklenburg he gave me these baronies in Sardinia as well and the duke-title of Mecklenburg to another vassal.

Yeah, sorry about that. I missed the subforums at the top somehow. I see the bug is already listed in a thread and responded to by a dev, along with other tutorial bugs.

I have to say, I'm glad I actually missed the bug subforum rather than it not existing. I was truly perplexed how anyone was expected to report a bug without some dedicated place... All good now, though, thanks.

Edit - Oh, they don't show up if you're not logged in. Anyway.

Last edited:
i have already installed the patch , but why is the golden horde in my game shown in the map as k_golden_horde ? is there a fix ?

id suggest try reinstalling it as it doesnt in mine. have you changed anything in localisation at all?