Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Willing to Skype the details in sign lanugage?

You'd probably sign as badly as they do on RTE1. Pretty sure they just get someone on there who likes to wave their arms around.

Sure, if you can understand Austro-Hungarian sign language.

You'd be surprised, I lived next to the Austro-Hungarian school for the deaf, who did sign language in the late 1800 a.d. :)

Are there any plans to release the Europa engine as open source? That is, not just a limited license to certain groups
I wouldn't mind an answer to this. Even if it's 'No. Now bugger off'

Nikolai said:
I see Quinns is retiring from his position as Creative Producer at Paradox. He says in a tweet "Quinns news! I'm stepping into a more freelance position for Paradox, meaning I'm mostly returning to games journalism." So, is Paradox going into the journalism side too or what? Really, what will Quinns do for you now?
What did Quinns do in his past role anyway?

Have you already found some awesome scripter? I thought you were accepting applications until the end of february.

Yes, the position has already been filled. We were looking at having the new scripter start March 1st, which meant we couldn't interview all the way up till the end of February. Also, there were very few applicants so there didn't seem to be that much interest.

Yes, the position has already been filled. We were looking at having the new scripter start March 1st, which meant we couldn't interview all the way up till the end of February. Also, there were very few applicants so there didn't seem to be that much interest.
I found out about it too late; that there was hardly any interest makes me feel all the worse.

I found out about it too late; that there was hardly any interest makes me feel all the worse.

I was planning to file the application today myself, since i was turned down last year. But lets be honest, it's our own fault, we should have reacted sooner.
The new announcements for other positions are clearer though, that you hire "asap". Anyway, i'm really happy with the last recruitment, hope this time they are at least as good as that ;)

I was planning to file the application today myself, since i was turned down last year. But lets be honest, it's our own fault, we should have reacted sooner.

The new announcements for other positions are clearer though, that you hire "asap". Anyway, i'm really happy with the last recruitment, hope this time they are at least as good as that ;)

We were thinking about announcing some new QA internships (for people already settled in Sweden). Perhaps something for you?

Has CKII lived up to expectations? From my perspective it has surpassed what I expected from a sequal.

Somebody needs a post count reduction for being a bad boy then.:p

Btw, no comment on Quinns?:)

Two (unrelated) questions:

1. Why is it that in every Paradox game, the .exe is never set to use more than 2 GB of memory? Is there any reason not to set the file header to "App can handle >2gb address space"? Is there any plan to change this default setting in the future?

2. What do you consider your most successful experiment to increase user activity on this forum or Paradox's Facebook page (e.g. game icons, special avatars, tagline contests, preorder discounts)?

Is there any aplication to read and post the forum with an Ipod. Seems like it is a bulletin board, but functionality is regular at most. I can navigate some forums, but cannot enter in specific threads and cannot post.