• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Day/Night 4

It was known to the authorities that a truly staggering amount of legal, barely-legal, and all too often illegal narcotics passed through the clinic in Habstack 14, Revue Street. The area was a hotspot of gang violence, a blight on the capital that the Arbites never applied quite enough force to eradicate, and one that was so brutal that the normal constabulary officers avoided doing anything about it. It seemed to be an obvious breeding ground for heresy, like dampness and darkness breeds fungus. Consequently the Chirurgeon running his practice in Habstack 14 was the subject of a lightning Arbites raid on his clinic.

The reinforced door to the practice crashed in under the force of a ram with no trouble and the Arbites surged in, roaring for the surrender of any and all occupants. The Chirurgeon himself, Artur Tanreall, threw himself to the floor, obeying the screaming officers pouring into his clinic. To the detriment of all parties, however, the raid clashed with the machinations of a third party. Kri-Szo, Eldar Witch, had been tasked by his Craftworld with ensuring the fall of Camperdown. The Farseers had discerned that Camperdown would act to the detriment of the Craftworld if it remained an Imperial bastion, and so Kri-Szo, novice Witch, was dispatched to aid in its fall - whether he aided the Great Enemy or the Genestealer insurrection was irrelevant to their purposes. The runestones had indicated that Kri-Szo should destroy the Chirurgeon's narcotic supplies; as with most Eldar actions this was mystifying at face value, but had far-reaching manipulative effects. The local gangs, deprived of their usual supply, would strike at other clinics, dispensaries, smugglers, and rival gangs in order to secure supplies for themselves, adding to the Arbites' workload to a staggering degree. Kri-Szo's reading of the runestones, however, failed to warn of the coincidental raid.

Kri-Szo's witchblade tore easily through the Arbites' armor, cutting the hapless squad to pieces in lightning fast blows. The Arbites responded with their shotguns, saturating the room in fire. Tanreall was mortally wounded by a misdirected spray, filled with shotgun pellets from neck to knees. Kri-Szo meanwhile found himself hemmed in, and although he faded back into a rear room, he was trapped. The Arbites regrouped in the clinic doorway and lobbed a frag grenade into Kri-Szo's hiding place, annihilating him. The Arbites raid had delivered the unexpected windfall of an Eldar Witch, significantly reducing the threat to Camperdown, but its central aim had been mistaken from the start. Tanreall was beyond help by the time the Arbites secured the clinic, and a thorough investigation proved that, although technically acting illegally, Tanreall was a loyal Imperial servant, moonlighting in the illegal drug trade to moderate its effects, and using the profits to keep his down-hive practice alive, operating on a charitable basis for those who could not afford to pay. In their misdirected zeal, the guardians of Camperdown had slain one of the planet's truest servants.

The Arbites suffered another setback during the night, as Rand van Braam, a promising young novice Chastener from Zeekrijgsraad, was murdered in his cot. To his undying credit, van Braam was not taken unawares. The resounding report of his Tronvasse Hi-power was heard throughout the Arbites barracks, waking every man in it. The single pistol shot was followed almost instantly by the chatter of an automatic weapon, before an unnatural silence fell on the building. Arbites rushed from their quarters, seizing whatever weapons were to hand, heading for the source of the commotion. The first man to van Braam's room was met with a ghastly scene: at the foot of the Arbitrator's cot lay a robed figure with a gaping exit wound in his back. On the cot was what remained of van Braam, riddled with bullets from a stubmachinegun at point blank range. Although he was unable to prevent his own death, a blow had been struck for the Emperor's servants, as the dead man was identified as Rames Smith, a scruffy blacksmith from the lower reaches of the city, a man that had a nasty reputation for witchcraft. Smith had been shot in the heart by van Braam, killing him instantly, and ruining the cultists' chance for a clean kill.

["Artur Tanreall"] Paendrag the Guardian Angel was lynched.
["Kri-Szo"] Kriszo the Leader Sorcerer was lynched.
["Rames Smith"] Enkhuush the Spiritually Attuned Wolf (Chaos Pack) was killed while hunting.
["Rand van Braam"] Randakar the Priest's Apprentice who slept with One Eye Open was hunted.

Last edited:
Day/Night 4

Paendrag the Guardian Angel was lynched.
Kriszo the Leader Sorcerer was lynched.
Enkhuush the Spiritually Attuned Wolf (Chaos Pack) was killed while hunting.
Randakar the Priest's Apprentice who slept with One Eye Open was hunted.

A priest's apprentice and a GA for an SA wolf and a leader sorc. Sacrificial chess gambits ftw.

we can speculate on who got hunted. my money is on... ummm... humancalculator.

My money is on dying all the time too.

Yakman has an eye open.

I would really really like traits and roles shown on the first posts. I will take back everything bad I said about our Almighty God Emperor Vainglory. I'll even obey the goddamn RP trait.

Falc Hunter Roleblocker
Humancalculator Rival
Esemesas Cursed Rival
Boris ze Spider Brutal
EUROO7 Self Defense Rival
Johho Roleblocker
Lord_D Hunter
Rendap Brutal
jonti-h Leader
Kriszo Leader
Paendrag
Randakar Self Defense
Enhkuush SA

Nice of him to leave the fucking thing up there for me and make what is already a tedious task more difficult, particularly with the plethora of people who make invalid votes, knowingly apparently, and who can't be stuffed to check who they unvoted in order to place new votes, leaving it to the GM to do their damn work for them.

EDIT

It's also very classy to impugn my family on the anniversary of my father's death...

I would never impugn your family. I would impugn your country, its citizens, their accents, your sports teams, and your status as American lapdogs; but never your family.

I would never impugn your family. I would impugn your country, its citizens, their accents, your sports teams, and your status as American lapdogs; but never your family.

He wasn't talking to you.

Forgive the outburst, both of you, it was out of line. I was already irritated by the service that was not at all what it should have been, I was trying to get the update for you guys which was already unacceptably late, and the count was rather difficult. At the best of times I make mistakes, and there were a lot of difficult votes. I'll always count votes when intent is clear but if people could separate the vote from the body of the text it would help, or otherwise enlarge them.

For what it's worth, my family as far as anyone can trace fled from Ireland due to persecution of Catholics; my great-grandfather allegedly saw a parish priest shot while performing Mass. No convicts anywhere in my family, like the overwhelming majority of Australians. Heck I think more Maltese came here than convicts. Most with convict blood regard it as a matter of pride for some odd reason, whereas I've always felt that the exiled Chartists and to a lesser extent refugee Irish played a far greater role in shaping the country than convicts, particularly as 3/6 states only ever took token amounts of convicts and were settled as free colonies, not penal colonies (the New South Welshman are, however, criminals to a man).

Forgive the outburst, both of you, it was out of line. I was already irritated by the service that was not at all what it should have been, I was trying to get the update for you guys which was already unacceptably late, and the count was rather difficult. At the best of times I make mistakes, and there were a lot of difficult votes. I'll always count votes when intent is clear but if people could separate the vote from the body of the text it would help, or otherwise enlarge them.

For what it's worth, my family as far as anyone can trace fled from Ireland due to persecution of Catholics; my great-grandfather allegedly saw a parish priest shot while performing Mass. No convicts anywhere in my family, like the overwhelming majority of Australians. Heck I think more Maltese came here than convicts. Most with convict blood regard it as a matter of pride for some odd reason, whereas I've always felt that the exiled Chartists and to a lesser extent refugee Irish played a far greater role in shaping the country than convicts, particularly as 3/6 states only ever took token amounts of convicts and were settled as free colonies, not penal colonies (the New South Welshman are, however, criminals to a man).

That's alright. I can well imagine you've had a crap day. I figured, rightly or wrongly, that you probably needed to get it out more than you needed sympathy.

Australia was settled with convicts just as much as New Zealand was settled with runaway convicts, prostitutes and stereotypically drunken sailors.

Australia was settled with convicts just as much as New Zealand was settled with runaway convicts, prostitutes and stereotypically drunken sailors.

Personally I always thought your country was settled by stiff-necked English, Welsh, and Scots. Is that the normal myth about New Zealand? Perhaps that's why Kiwi women are allegedly easy.

A Kiwi goes for a job interview in Australia. The interviewing boss says to him "What made you leave New Zealand?"
"Well, Sir, I felt like I never fit in," the man replies, "There's nothing in New Zealand but rugby players and easy women."
"My wife is from New Zealand," says the interviewer tersely.
"Really!" says the interviewee brightly, "And which team did she play for?"