• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote Yes on the PPSA. And I also ask if I Marshawn Cain be able to take up my old Military position, should it come to conflict, that I held duing the Spanish-American War.

(or higher if BBB wants the greatest Black Senator evar to lead a heroic charge.)

No. Congess gave powers to Cameron when it was united, and knew it was merely an unnessecary bueracatic block on procedures. I cannot say the same here.

Last edited:
yes

((It is not unconstitutional for congress to authorize the president to take military action as he sees fit. Has been done numerous times, Gulf of Tomkin, War on Terror- Afganistan, Iraq resolution early 90's and again 10 years ago. Sorry if this type of comment is not allowed))

Last edited:
I think that America should use all of the power of it's nation to expand our liberty to other, less privileged people. Not only will our nation be stronger as a result but we'll be stronger....down low as well!

No

This proposal is unconstitutional! Congress cannot simply cede its integral power of declaration of war over to the president. If they don't want to make the hard decisions, then don't go to war!

The power that was granted to Cameron in the 1840's gave him unprecedented ability to ignore the Congress on issues of foreign policy, and our Representatives must never surrender that all-important power.

((The thing is in this timeline it is constitutional, it's actually happened twice before (the second was the Cuban Liberation Act) and happened when the unwritten elements of the constitution were incomplete (hell, it was done before the first vice presidential succession.)))

Last edited:
YES!

((I Need new markets for my Automobiles))

I vote Yes for the PPSA. As well, I also offer myself to President Carr as his VP if he so choses, as I am the current VP, and also request the position of Secretary of State if you would prefer me there. I have past experience in both positions, and would be of great value in restoring our relations with Germany once more.

-Roderick Khur

((BBB, what are the current cabinet positions? I can never remember.))

State
War
Industry
Treasury
Agriculture
Interior
Justice
Volunteers
Postmaster General

I vote No on the PPSA