• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2nd Screen:
Quite funny that Denmark is obviously the most populated region at all followed by Stockholm region.
The big Cities of Europe (London!!!, Paris, Berlin) are plain green. What the hell happened ?

Note what Darkrenown said; "all nations are only comparing internal population, so a green state in China or India might still have a lot of pops.", and the date.
The shading appears to be determined by relative population density compared to all other provinces of a nation. London and Paris probably have high populations compared to other European provinces, but the British and French likely have extensive possessions in Asia; provinces with very high populations.

I'd say it's quite the contrary: Almost everyone in high positions in one of the early African independence movements had gone to a school in Britain or France.

Not just Africans, Indians as well.

Sweet!

I truly hope those can make it into HOI3 sometime

I think the map of the population density could've been done better. Since theres already some kind of modfier for every province that determines its size, I think it should be possible to get a logical poulation density map, by counting: Population of the province / Size of the Province. This way there would be a global map...

I don't understand the population density mapmode, why not just highlight the provinces after number of pops? Or alternatively number of pops compared to the world average pops per province? ¨¨

It looks pretty bad if you have to wait until 1936(after amazing population growth) for a few provinces becoming coloured, as opposed to a completely green map like it probably is at 1836.

I think the map of the population density could've been done better. Since theres already some kind of modfier for every province that determines its size, I think it should be possible to get a logical poulation density map, by counting: Population of the province / Size of the Province. This way there would be a global map...
It's pointless because size doesn't matter when you're conquering a province.

Note what Darkrenown said; "all nations are only comparing internal population, so a green state in China or India might still have a lot of pops.", and the date.
The shading appears to be determined by relative population density compared to all other provinces of a nation. London and Paris probably have high populations compared to other European provinces, but the British and French likely have extensive possessions in Asia; provinces with very high populations.

that's definitely not it, otherwise all of Western Russia should be red.

It's pointless because size doesn't matter when you're conquering a province.

Your post doesn't make any sense, at least for me. What I'm trying to say is that the colour shouldn't be determind by the amout of people in comparision to other provinces within the same empire but by the size of the province.

So I take it that a World Conquest is essentially impossible now, with more potent independence movements the the ability to justify only one war at a time?

its still doable. you can also justify more wars while at war so you can keep conquering etc, but infamy is likely to paint a giant target on your country if you do.

No problem. :)
I was refering to the following quote:

ah yeah, more logical white peaces. I dont remember all the details but for one countries keep track of their war exhaustion a lot more now and dont want to risk it maxing out for no gain and will thus accept white peaces muche arlier. there were also cases where the AI would get stuck and refusing to accept reasonable peace because it got the warscore mixed up that is fixed now. AI is also much better at following up with counter war goals if someone attacks them and they are beating them. before it would happily white peace despite being able to get some good stuff.

Hmm what will be the generic tank model for those nations that didn't have an actual tank, like the Ottomans or Spanish?

the Schneider CA1, see below

But Saint-Chamond was in DD11 :confused: It was redesigned? And what about American tank, will it be a variant for countries which hadn't them in real life?

ah someone noticed :D I screwed up in D11 and posted a picture of another tank instead , the one in this diary is the real Saint-Chamond. The one in D11 was the Schneider CA1. sorry about the mixup

ah yeah, more logical white peaces. I dont remember all the details but for one countries keep track of their war exhaustion a lot more now and dont want to risk it maxing out for no gain and will thus accept white peaces muche arlier. there were also cases where the AI would get stuck and refusing to accept reasonable peace because it got the warscore mixed up that is fixed now. AI is also much better at following up with counter war goals if someone attacks them and they are beating them. before it would happily white peace despite being able to get some good stuff.
And what about France DoWing Germany like every 5 years and getting beaten every time? Will France do that in AHD? Will Germany take good stuff from France upon each Victory?

Love the new mapmodes! Excellent.

I'd say it's quite the contrary: Almost everyone in high positions in one of the early African independence movements had gone to a school in Britain or France.
Not just Africans, Indians as well.

And yet, people like Gandhi and Kwame Nkrumah never considered themselves British (and neither did the British government). Just because someone was Western educated doesn't mean they've stopped being what they were and became another culture, I mean Kim Jong-un was educated in Switzerland, but does anyone think he's now Swiss? ;)

Cool. I was hoping for a lot of these map modes, especially population density and nationality. Supply limit mode will be great also.

attachment.php
I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but I spy a "hunt rebels" button.

attachment.php
Are those Norwegians in Southern Italy?

Normans. Perfectly normal (joke).

Relation mapmode :)
I will buy AHD because of it. Ok a lie, would have bought it anyhow...
Please insert the same mode in EU3. Pretty pretty please with sugar on top

I don't understand the population density mapmode, why not just highlight the provinces after number of pops? Or alternatively number of pops compared to the world average pops per province? ¨¨

It looks pretty bad if you have to wait until 1936(after amazing population growth) for a few provinces becoming coloured, as opposed to a completely green map like it probably is at 1836.

I don't think you understood the DD. At no point would you ever have an all green map unless somehow every province in the world had the exact same population...

And yet, people like Gandhi and Kwame Nkrumah never considered themselves British (

I disagree on Gandhi, before and for a time during his stay in South Africa he was quite the anglophile, as was Nehru (especially during his younger years) and to an extent, Jinnah. As for Africa, parts of the African French civil service was as French as the French, they even referred to themselves as assimilés.

What actually constitutes as a culture in Vicky II is vague, one event would tell us that a culture is simply a language group.

I disagree on Gandhi, before and for a time during his stay in South Africa he was quite the anglophile, as was Nehru (especially during his younger years) and to an extent, Jinnah. As for Africa, parts of the African French civil service was as French as the French, they even referred to themselves as assimilés.

What actually constitutes as a culture in Vicky II is vague, one event would tell us that a culture is simply a language group.

If Gandhi, of all people, could be described as having British culture by virtue of having had a British education, culture has no useful meaning in the game.