• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think, German - Belgian border needs to be corrected; Eupen-Malmedy should be given to Prussia. Current border between theses countries is belong to after-1920 boundaries.

malmedyeupen.jpg

I have almost no interest in the american civil war so its nice when the other changes are highlighted, I'll just have to live with the name which I had no idea where it came from before today.
+1, looking forward to next week's DD

Let me explain simply for people complaining:
First DD = Early in the project.
Early in the project = New features not made yet.
New features not made yet = Not much to put in DD.
With a few seconds thought this should be obvious.

So you get a brief overview of the plans for the expansion and a look at something almost-done and visible, the new scenario. Which is new, so you are quite incorrect to say there is nothing. There are also several new mapmode buttons visible.
Not complaining per se.
Just saying that we find out nothing we wouldn`t allready know or anounced about AHD. (The new scenario was announced long ago.)
That is what i would expect from DD.
i.e. i would expect the stuff you will (supposely)announce in DD2(economy) be in DD1 to get us hoocked.
Wich makes me sad but i kinda can understand the reasonong behind.
Simple as that.
;)

One thing that really disappointed me when Vic 2 came out was that there was no ACW scenario like there was in the first game. I am so excited for this. Hopefully, the wait will be well worth it!

i have few things in my mind that i would like to see in the expansion:

- rebels fighting each other. for example, if communists have enough number and organization, they will try to stop fascist rebels
- reduce ai's desire to build railroads. railroads are everywhere, in arctic zone, in saharan desert, above himalayas. remember transsiberian railway. it was built by government and rest of siberia was railless.
- reduce money supply. or implement inflation. money is worthless.
- add new terrain type: urban. cities have certain amount of factories, pops and infrastructure should turn into urban zones which will attract migrants and investments.
- reduce internal migration.
- please please please add "set rally province" for ship and troops construction. it is very boring to gather and merge them. especially ships.
- for fun: add a ledger about world's total population of a specific race, and demographics of countries. i sometimes wonder how many germans or tatars or nanfaren live in the world :eek:o
- currently, there is no need to capture land. in 1.2, coal and iron provinces had some importance because of steel industry. it is gone now. so please make some of the province has some strategic significance
- it is easy to industrialize in former colonies and there is no need to keep them as colonies. should be added some features

that's all i have in my mind nao:eek:o

The Polish-Soviet War may count as one. If the Reds had defeated the Poles then its posible that communists may have risen up or been installed as pupet governments in eastern europe and perhaps even Germany.

Now that I think about it it would be nice if the most powerful communist country in the game could set up a Comintern. I've imagined it working abit like the papacy in EUIII.

A Comintern dominated by a single very powerful Communist country could be quite adequately represented via the SoI mechanic. The only mechanical change that would be needed would be to give Communist GPs a large bonus to influence other Communist countries. It's quite hard to imagine a Communist non-GP being in the SoI of any other country than a Communist GP, provided that there is one.

I've long had plans for making a World Revolution event system, dealing with the rise and spread of Communism. Starting with an event chain similar to the Springtime (May Day?) of Nations, perhaps triggered by a successful revolution in one country. Then, should a GP go Communist, it would collect all other Communist countries into its SoI.

It would indeed be interesting if countries with high militancy and angry craftsmen + few social and political reforms had a high chance of a big scale communist uprising. Should be rare, of course, but should be possible.

no, you just make it so the AI destroys factories unless they plan to get the territory.

Giving the AI the ability to destroy all the factories in a state is kinda insane. Imagine if the state has hundreds of thousands of craftsmen, and they are all unemployed and highly militant right after the war ends. To rebuild that factory infrastructure would take years, and in the mean time all sorts of bad things could happen.

Taking into account the fact that the current warscore calculations mean you often have to occupy loads of "home provinces" just to get some colonial possessions, that would seriously be an overpowered weapon for the player. One would easily see nations dropping from GP status at once just because a few of their provinces had their factories destroyed.

Perhaps instead of destroying all factories, there could be an option to tactically damage the infrastructure, decreasing factory levels as the provinces remain under enemy occupation - and the attacking nation would gain infamy or maybe lose prestige for that (to prevent a player from occupying a country for 20 years).

I came here to the forum to check if there was something on AHD and there was. Thank you! :)

(also, nerf Austria and boost Portugal, especially on the colonization front for Portugal) ;)

Any chance we are going to get any kind of more indepth events or whatnot dealing with the indian wars? I was playing as the US and randomly got a popup about war leaders surrendering and it was confusing.

did you thoroughly read it?

i have few things in my mind that i would like to see in the expansion:

- rebels fighting each other. for example, if communists have enough number and organization, they will try to stop fascist rebels

I don't see this as vital, but not a bad idea. I think the more important thing with rebels is to find some use for ideological rebels spawning in a place where they will never achieve their aims. Either they should migrate to the capital, or they should be nationalistic rebels trying to form their own nation under that ideology.

- reduce ai's desire to build railroads. railroads are everywhere, in arctic zone, in saharan desert, above himalayas. remember transsiberian railway. it was built by government and rest of siberia was railless.
Agreed; I hate having to fight the capis to build forts, especially in places where railways are neigh useless.

- reduce money supply. or implement inflation. money is worthless.
Again, completely agree; the only time money comes into play is in massive wars, which sadly don't happen that often.

- add new terrain type: urban. cities have certain amount of factories, pops and infrastructure should turn into urban zones which will attract migrants and investments.
I really like this idea, maybe with a bonus to infantry defense as well, but a penalty to all other types of defense, I.E. urban fighting? (not sure if that really fits the era, but I like the idea, very Stalingrad-esque)

- reduce internal migration.
- please please please add "set rally province" for ship and troops construction. it is very boring to gather and merge them. especially ships.
- for fun: add a ledger about world's total population of a specific race, and demographics of countries. i sometimes wonder how many germans or tatars or nanfaren live in the world :eek:o
all good ideas
- currently, there is no need to capture land. in 1.2, coal and iron provinces had some importance because of steel industry. it is gone now. so please make some of the province has some strategic significance
- it is easy to industrialize in former colonies and there is no need to keep them as colonies. should be added some features
I thought you still need to iron to build a steel factory, and timber for a lumber mill? I think colonial prestige should be greatly increased (every great power has to have it's colonies...) Maybe an rgo output increase for colonies as well?

Overall I love your ideas :)

I really want to hear about these new westernisation paths. As a passionate unciv player I like to hear a little but more focus going towards them.

This, so much this. Right now the Westernization process feels kinda contrived...

Last edited:
Completely exploitable by the player. Big no no. Unless you don´t mind the AI ALWAYS destroys your factories.

Why AI shouldn't destroy factories? They must destroy your factories! Ability to destroy factories could give us new strategy to pacify target country, new tactic (don't place factories at board states), evacuation of workers to inner states (like in real life!).

Also another idea: Implement supply logictic from HOI3. Any factory or army should maintain stack of resources and supply to run. Railroads improve supply throughput, blocking suppy lines should stop factories and armies, etc!