• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finland is forced to switch sides!

I would rather say that Finland saw the tide changing and decided it was time to taste how the grass was in the otherside ;)

aside vague promises from both sides?
...well the war isen't over yet? Finland has not yet begun to figth!:D

This flip flopping makes me worried about having you as an Asian power :-/

I would rather say that Finland saw the tide changing and decided it was time to taste how the grass was in the otherside ;)

I was rather surprised y'all would start a war in Russia without first securing non-intervention from Europe... What are the current goals/demands for the various people involved?

To once again raise a point it is one thing to IC do character assasinations on other countries but it is not cool to do likewise out of character for fear of giving poeple the wrong impression, especially someone who might become their neighbour, especially with nothing to back it up.

So stop doing that and memes like that.

So how did this one start? And will the rest of the Westerners be joining their Eastern compatriots to bring order to the steppes? :D

I don't flip-flop unless I plan to do so from the start. In this instance, I was offered by the both sides to join an offensive war, and I decided to take the offer of the party that would start the war first, and if it starts to look bad, seek opportunity to switch sides. After all, what do I really have to loose?

As it turned out, the fact that my army was mostly destroyed, and the remaining part mauled by the Morale bug and Vr had around same ammount of freshly mobilised troops at my close proximity than my pre-war MP was,the main motivator for the flip-flopping became out from my hands. The "to the death" starts to be appealing alternative only in hoi phase of the marathon.

I was rather surprised y'all would start a war in Russia without first securing non-intervention from Europe

Well as far as it concerns me, such secures have nothing to do with it. But the otherside didn't attack becouse they had uncertainity over what certain nations would do... I guess I could have prevent our side to attack by telling them excatly what the others knew, but that would have been severly dishonest :p

To once again raise a point it is one thing to IC do character assasinations on other countries but it is not cool to do likewise out of character for fear of giving poeple the wrong impression, especially someone who might become their neighbour, especially with nothing to back it up.

Don't worry, me and Blayne have played for so long with each others that remarks like that really make no difference ;)

I was rather surprised y'all would start a war in Russia without first securing non-intervention from Europe... What are the current goals/demands for the various people involved?

Regarding securing non-intervention, I thought I had. :(

As for goals: I want the Crimean peninsula, which in addition to its trade-route event has a province that is adjacent to Byzantium; consequently I keep getting the annoying "Foreign Raiders in our Provinces" event for my capital city, keeping it in poverty. I require security against the raids of the Don Cossacks, those marauding boat people, the terror of the Black Sea! It has ever been Roman policy to push our borders far enough forwards, into hill or forest or steppe, that the peaceable tiller of the plains can guide his plow unarmed. For this reason we conquered the Apennine spine of Italy; for this we subdued the Welsh hillmen and the Pictish heath-dwellers; for this great Hadrian built his Wall, and Varus lost his eagles. Since Novgorod has failed to keep order in hese areas, I demand that the Black Sea become a Roman lake again.

Persia, I believe, wishes to recover the Trans-Caspian, and to push his Caucasian border northwards. Especially the wealthy city of Bukhara, which in the previous peace treaty was not given to Russia; it was unlawfully seized by that power during the Mongol invasion, and has not been returned.

Denmark, as I understand it, wishes to recover Gotland. In the original plan he intended an enlarged Finland to serve as a better buffer; I don't know what the plan is now. The reduction of Bavaria to powder, perhaps?

So stop doing that and memes like that.

Can I ask that you stop mindlessly parroting things I've said out of context?

Regarding securing non-intervention, I thought I had. :(

As for goals: I want the Crimean peninsula, which in addition to its trade-route event has a province that is adjacent to Byzantium; consequently I keep getting the annoying "Foreign Raiders in our Provinces" event for my capital city, keeping it in poverty. I require security against the raids of the Don Cossacks, those marauding boat people, the terror of the Black Sea! It has ever been Roman policy to push our borders far enough forwards, into hill or forest or steppe, that the peaceable tiller of the plains can guide his plow unarmed. For this reason we conquered the Apennine spine of Italy; for this we subdued the Welsh hillmen and the Pictish heath-dwellers; for this great Hadrian built his Wall, and Varus lost his eagles. Since Novgorod has failed to keep order in hese areas, I demand that the Black Sea become a Roman lake again.

Persia, I believe, wishes to recover the Trans-Caspian, and to push his Caucasian border northwards. Especially the wealthy city of Bukhara, which in the previous peace treaty was not given to Russia; it was unlawfully seized by that power during the Mongol invasion, and has not been returned.

Denmark, as I understand it, wishes to recover Gotland. In the original plan he intended an enlarged Finland to serve as a better buffer; I don't know what the plan is now. The reduction of Bavaria to powder, perhaps?

So much for the initial goals. Considering the current state of the war, I'd suggest to change these goals.

Our offer still stands: Pre-war borders and Brandenburg to Bavaria.

So how did this one start? And will the rest of the Westerners be joining their Eastern compatriots to bring order to the steppes? :D

Byzantioin was pissed off because it lost last time to Croatia because Russia helped her allies in need. So the lying Greeks decided to hire all the opportunistic nations near Russia to join them in their quest for Black Sea Coast. So as fools what the rest of the nations were they joined in and declared war over Russia. Everyone should have known that taking Finland in to this war would be a mistake as they were easily defeated and turned again. So now Denmark is in troubles while Finland rolls in to Lappland and Bavaria in the coast of Pommerania.

Now we all hope that Russia wins this war so KoM is defeated once again.

So now Denmark is in troubles while Finland rolls in to Lappland

Erhem, Finland is not at war with Denmark, only with our eternal arch enemy, the Byzantium

Erhem, Finland is not at war with Denmark, only with our eternal arch enemy, the Byzantium

You aren't? Why? You should bloody kill the Danes and take over Lappland so you can give it to the Tilius.

I actually allready have the Lapland, it would be Norrland next ;) But my schemeries are focusing elsewhere and I have little to spare going offensive against Denmark

FrozenWall, you get to be Writer of the Week this week for your contributions to this AAR. You may gloat upon your fellow writers.

writaarpaint.jpg