• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
too bad I was right.. if only for a little while..

Good job on recapturing La Coruña :D

The assault on Gibraltar becomes easy if you use bombers to break the enemy's organisation. With the amount of troops Rommel has under his yoke it shouldn't be anything near a problem.

Good job with Bulgaria :D How's Finland doing?

I really want to see how a full AI will handle Barbarossa .. :eager: :)

I'm getting used to these double updates, hehe :)

I really must object the inclusion of Bulgaria in the Axis. It's military is insignificant for the future German operations, it's resources could be better used if it was a province of the Reich and it's occupation would only require up to two Garrison divisions. The prospect of adding more talented people to the German pool alone would be reason enough to push the country over while we now have an ally which might easily as much a burden as the Italians. This treaty with Bulgaria also endangers the relations with Turkey with her important control over the only sea access to the Black Sea. If the Turks chose to join the Allies, this would not only open a relieve route for Soviet Russia, it would also threaten our south eastern sphere of interest.

Uriah, we havent heard from you for a while, everything alright I hope? Your readAAR's are awaiting another update....

I hear the FührAAr is getting quietly prefering the diary of the clerk instead of the rather unbalanced reports his ministers are giving him. And you don't want to keep the FührAAR waiting, do you? DO YOU?!

Sorry for the lack of updates: two issues.

First, computer problems. I have been having graphics issues and trying to track them down. Graphic card only a year old but having crashes, display corruption etc. Yes, I have updated all drivers (removed completely and reinstalled), checked for heat problems (have had a succession of days over 38 degrees C). Dozens of checks, reinstalls, tnetative solutions. I am sick of looking at the reboot screen. Suspect may have been a a blocked air intake leading to overheating and physical damage to card. Another $100 for another 1Gb card.

Second, delivery of about 1 Gig of IKEA parts to construct a 7m x 3m wall of bookcases etc in my games room. Big enough by itself, but when you have a huge game set up in the middle of the room and 30 years of collected games, miniatures, CCGs, books, CDs etc scattered around, as well as 4 bookcases, 4 tables and several cupboards, the job gets tricky. (My wife said that I should just pack up my game - after 3 months play we are at Dec 1941 - can you believe it?). The hot weather doesn't help, even with aircon on all day.

Add to that my father ringing Sunday to tell me he has burst a blood vessel behind his eye and did I think he need medical attention (Sunday morning spent at Emergency - took a book but forgot my glasses).

So give me a few days to sort all this out - I have not forgotten the poor clerk!

HOI3 necessitated a special heat abatement setup on my sys after several BSODs when I first played the game. I have the case opened with a desk fan blowing onto my GPU ever since. It's not pretty, but it brought my temp down by about 10 celsius. Good luck with it.

PS - Hope your Dad is OK.

Hearing lots of people having heat problems lately, myself including, I recently update my nvidia drivers for my 285 and updated Vista too.

I hope your dad is ok!

and I 'd gladly trade our -7 (and snow) for your hot summer weather (even without airco)

Computer problems, eh? Well, that's what you get for dabbling with The Dark Side. Come to the light -- we have fruit, barely nibbled...*

Personally I think Uriah is concocting another rip-snorting page-turner in the story arc; my own HOI games have never been as riveting as this.

And this is just the Spanish warm-up -- imagine what it's going to be like with the three-legged Army AI turned loose on the Eastern Front. "This directive says go to Moscow -- it says nothing at all here about Leningrad, look."

*Although sometimes I have been able to fry strips of bacon on the top edge of my desktop when I push it too hard.

Man, if it isn't one thing it's another. Hope things are getting better for you. I have been having COTDs with HOI3 ever since I got it, now I have SF and it is doing the same.
I have a gaming computer that is only a year old and supposedly meets all hardware requirements. Oh, well. I just restart and pick up from the last save/auto-save. I like SF's weekly auto-saves. Lot less ground to re-cover. Are you having to reboot, or just restart HOI?
I am impressed with SF, I invaded Pol in Mar 39, Italy and Nat Sp joined, they invaded France. I am up to Aug and Pol, Neth, Bel & Fr have fallen. The Italians are trying to surround Alexandria and the BEF was bagged in Spain after Gibraltar fell. Definitely different.

top flight AAR ! ! :cool:

i also hope your dad is ok !

Hey, I've been away for a while.
Sorry for your dad, hope everything is fine there now.

Hello there Uriah, long time lurkAAR, first time postAAR here ! ('Tis my first post, and it's the 2000th of the thread, I feel special :D)

First of all, I'd like to say I hope your father is alright. But then, seeing how he produced some mighty fine offspring (that would be you, heh), I'd say he will be alright. After all, since you Aussies live in a Godforsaken country with a ton of monstrous beasts, you must all have an iron constitution.

Second, I wanted to tell you that this is the best AAR I've ever read so far, and it even pushed me to start my own HOI3 game after being spooked by my first go with it, where I started a game as Germany and managed to get invaded by France and Poland and lose in 1939 :(

Your story is top-notch, your pictures fantastic and always relevant, and your strategic and gaming talent is infinitely superior to mine (this comment is kind of undermined by my own FAIL gaming skills, but still.)

I've also started to discover something that really sucks : having to wait for updates :p I didn't feel this while I read the whole thread in about one week, but now I guess I'll have to wait a bit... It'll only be better when it comes out.

Hope your dad will be alright (again) and that your heat problems get better (here in Quebec the summers are too hot and the winters too cold, it's currently -10 degrees Celsius here)

Farewells from Quebec !!

Virus

EDIT: Is there a way to "subscribe" to this thread so I get some kind of notification when something new is posted ?