• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
50% tax is huge!

I'd go for the Liberal Faction ASAP. You really need to cut the taxes for the middle classes. Afterall they are your most important citizens.

50% tax is huge!

I'd go for the Liberal Faction ASAP. You really need to cut the taxes for the middle classes. Afterall they are your most important citizens.

I don't want to change to a Liberal government until good and well in the Westernization process. Feels a bit 'gamey' if I do so this early.

I don't want to change to a Liberal government until good and well in the Westernization process. Feels a bit 'gamey' if I do so this early.

OK, and how does invading Korea for no reason feel?:p

He got you there Mosby. if you are willing to invade Korea out of the blue then its not like changing your politics is really that big of a deal.

Last edited:
He got you there Mosby. You you are willing to invade Korea out of the blue then its not like changing your politics is really that big of a deal.

Most pops are conservative, appointing a liberal government may create resentment among themn.
Besides, since when do you need a reason for imperialism? :p

He got you there Mosby. You you are willing to invade Korea out of the blue then its not like changing your politics is really that big of a deal.

lol. Maybe so, but that's the beauty of games like this, it's completely up to the user to determine what they feel to be reasonable actions for their nation.

Whatever the reasons for him wanting to stick to certain limitations while allowing himself to pursue an aggressive expansionist policy are fine by me. :) In truth I'm kind of interested to observe the effect those decisions have on his pops long term and how it effects his growth in the coming years.

One things for sure, he needs to find a way to reduce the amount of money his pops are spending or he's going to be losing quite a few to demotion, whether that be through a government change or reducing tariffs. It's going to hurt if he leaves it like it is. hehe :)

Good :D

And there was a reason: they were there! :p
:)

But what would stop you from say, defeating them, humilliate, defeating them, humiliate, over and over until you have the required prestige? Then annex after civilizing.

You also wouldnt have as much infamy, so nothing to stop constant war.

But what would stop you from say, defeating them, humilliate, defeating them, humiliate, over and over until you have the required prestige? Then annex after civilizing.

You'll see in the next update what stopped me from doing just that. ;)

Colour me retarded, you're right.

Don't worry, stuff like that happens to me all the time :p

You are not wrong. I can start a war with Dai Nam to release Cambodja which is their satelite and ally: the one protecting them. So, if I actually start a war to free Cambodja I will have to fight Cambodja :confused:

It's their opressive leaders that force them to fight the mighty Japanese empire, be sure they would not do so of their own free will!

You can give subsidied to POPs so they can afford their needs more easily? That's good; I know it was in V1, but I thought they took that out. Anyway, if you can do that, I say go for it. If your artisans can then afford their needs and everyone else even moreso, then raise taxes on the lower and upper classes.

You can give subsidied to POPs so they can afford their needs more easily? That's good; I know it was in V1, but I thought they took that out. Anyway, if you can do that, I say go for it. If your artisans can then afford their needs and everyone else even moreso, then raise taxes on the lower and upper classes.

I don't think you can subsidize the actual pops. Rather you can subsidize factories that are losing money.

Since he's yet to civilize so that he can build any factories, he won't be able to subsidize at all.

Very nice :cool: The AAR is doing a great job of highlighting how the game works, what all the stuff does in practise. It's just as good as OHGamer's.

How are your relations with China? I certainly don't like the look of 60,000+ troops on your border, irregulars or not.

Also: Scandinavia in the 1840s :eek::wacko:
Although that might be another fun game to play, uniting the north and reclaiming Finland...

A slight modification would be to annex them as the last step of civilising, since uncivs annexed by uncivs automatically become states, while uncivs annexed by civs become colonies. I'm assuming that states are better for his situation, where he can afford the probable increased upkeep and wants the resources.

Regardless, I'd imagine China wouldn't take too kindly to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they're unhappy as it is... Hopefully the Opium war, or something similar, might keep them occupied.

I would not worry a lot about the artisans. They are probably just producing the wrong items at the moment. There are other artisans doing better (producing clothes for example). So the ones not getting enough to live should switch to producing a more profitable good after some time? Don't know if subsidising them through tariffs will just help them produce the good that isn't profitable??

Switching to liberalism at this point sounds very dangerous as most pops are jingoist conservatives...

Good AAR, very enjoyable to read, thanks Mosby

Btw, what would have been better prestige-wise, annexing Korea straight away or fighting small wars for the chunks of it?

50% tax is huge!

But going from planned economy with 50% minimum tax to liberal government with 50% maximum tax this early sounds like a gamble considering the POPs are conservative :D