• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I just got around to realy testing this out. I was having a lot of fun playing as the Byzantine Empire but when I went to load up a save game I got an error message that said "Provance 67 is controled by Iroquois but has no owner" or something like that. I can upload the save if that would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any help.

Upload away - if nothing else we should be able to fix your save. :)

(Might be an issue of a destroyed colony.. but I'll have to check things when I come home.)

So I just got around to realy testing this out. I was having a lot of fun playing as the Byzantine Empire but when I went to load up a save game I got an error message that said "Provance 67 is controled by Iroquois but has no owner" or something like that. I can upload the save if that would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any help.

Same thing happened to me while playing Hungary, after a while I couldn't reload as some provinces were controlled by rebels but didn't have owners.

The reformation is a no-show now. Most majors that convert to Protestantism by event have too many Catholic provinces, the AI just converts back to Catholicism in short order. In my Ukraine game, all of Europe except for OPM Lorraine is Catholic by 1600.

:eek:

Which provinces?

Here you go:

Assertion failed: Province 424 is specified as controlled by Navarra but nobody is specified as owner.

Assertion failed: Province 453 is specified as controlled by Ukraine but nobody is specified as owner.

Assertion failed: Province 476 is specified as controlled by Aden but nobody is specified as owner.

Assertion failed: COT specified at 357 but nobody is owner.

Assertion failed: COT specified at 362 but nobody is owner.

Assertion failed: COT specified at 409 but nobody is owner.

Assertion failed: COT specified at 444 but nobody is owner.

Assertion failed: COT specified at 457 but nobody is owner.

Assertion failed: COT specified at 489 but nobody is owner.

Assertion failed: COT specified at 504 but nobody is owner.

and so forth till the last COT.

Date is 1509. Patch 1.1

hi

I tried your mod too but I don't know what is going on with a few nations. other than the fact Africa, America and South-east Asia seems a bit forgotten...

most of the american native and african nations lack any claims to their own provinces, is that intentional or just a forgotten thing? these are the following ones: Aztec Empire, Zapotec, Maya, Shawnee, Iroquis, Huron, Cherokee, Kongo, Zimbabwe, Zulu, Xhosa

Socotra province appears to be a level 2 trading post while it should be I think at least ~800 population city, with orthodox religion (considering there is no nestorian christian religion in the game engine)

Cham Pa's main culture is vietnamese, shouldn't be at least cham as accepted culture? I think it must be something you forgot about or I dont know. Why is Saigon (called Preng Nokor back a while) their capital while Da Lat province with the city of Panduranga would be a bit more suitable? um is there a non-historical explanation why Cham Pa seems strange on the map, considering this is an alternative history mod?

Burma is a mess. Pegu should be mon culture as accepted at least? I thought it was under the mon people and if I am right (honestly I am not sure) they should lose those claims on at least Assam and instead get the claim on kwai province. or alternative history there too? and those province taxes are scaringly low... ravaged provinces?

sorry it is a bit confusing ^^'

Well, the RotW (Rest of the World) was supposed to have been untouched from the base scenario...

It might be that the lost cores were to weaken the natives, although it does sound strange.

As for the cultures things, it sounds even stranger. I'll probably remove those far-away nations, and let the game pick them up from the vanilla setting instead. The original intention was to only alter Europe and parts of the Middle East.

bluelotus: Hmm.. that sounds almost as if it would be game-related. I could understand events or poor scenario scripting vandalizing a few provinces or even CoT ones, but all of the CoTs?
Of course, that might come from having busted provinces. But 453 begins with a sizable population of 6000, so it's not about colonies.. I'll need to check the eventfiles to see if there are some random plague events or something that steals population..

I don't know, could be game related as this is also the case with both new and old autosaves. Might start a new game sometimes just to see if the problem will come up or not.

Just wanted to say that i never played Aberration before in EU2, but i did now in FTG. The simple fact that the mod was called Aberration, and the fact that it didnt follow history, sounded too Aberrated (lol) to me.

But having played it now, i must say that i liked the concept of the game and found the mod very good! I just didnt like the fact that we cant rebuild the Roman Empire... Meh. :(

I am hoping to see new versions from this mod! And fast! :D

Fast, eh?

Well, the reason for why I haven't put out a version with a lot of nifty new events as given to me by Basileios II is that I'm pretty sure that the province numbers do not match - if you check those I'll implement them much faster than if I must take of my all too scarce free time to do it :p

So I finally found time to play, and I'm very satisfied. I changed a few misplaced sprites (FRA sprite for Bavaria? VEN for Hungary? ;)), applied my colourscale, and I love what I see; even more because the AI finally does a decent job both at managing its BB (Byzantium in Asia Minor which it couldn't handle in EU2...) and giving me some difficult time through unexpected war declarations etc.

Well, ok, the AI stuff is thanks to the new beta revisions (see MichaelM's recent hint in one of the threads), but it still helps a lot in enjoying this mod.

Any news on its development, Nikolai? :)

Sadly enough no news. My work steals a lot of time, and to include the new events means having to check all the province numbers first.

However, if you can explain your fixes in a simple enough manner I'll be happy to include them, and any other additions that are easy enough to add. :D

Explaining it is too tedious, I'll just attach the modified countries.txt ;).

Btw, you might want to take a peek at MattyG's (and others' too) work on Interregnum for EU2. It was based on Aberration, and they made quite a good job of it (e.g. the Polish setup, for which I had been an inspiration :p). There are no conflicting province IDs, so translating that stuff should be far easier than Basileios II's and Jedrek's work on A4K.

Attachments

• countries.txt
    123,3 KB · Views: 387
That could work, but it would still have to wait until I found some time to read and agree with their conclusions. ;)

(Although technically Interregnum is a different mod, and could be translated to FtG by itself, by someone liking it. Although it is probably easier to wait for 1.2 first, since it is better at finding errors in the scenario setup.)

Or you can just tell me which events you want to include and I check and alter those IDs for you.;)

Hmm.. That sounds like a lot less work for me. I like it. :D

Will filenames and event ID:s suffice?

Nikolai, I have one thing to report: Reformation needs to be somehow implemented, as right now, all the events enabling Lutheranism, Calvinism and CRC fire normally, but no provinces turn calvinist or lutheran.

Other than that, and an occasional random CtD every 20-30 years, I've had no problems and have enjoyed Aberration greatly :).

Sorry, somehow I forgot about the whole project.:eek:o

Yes, IDs and/or names of the events would be enough.....I guess.

No biggie - given my life lately I'll have to shedule time in my calender to look at the files, or I'll forget about it until I'm too tired to do it every day :p

Anyone smart enough to see what I should add for a working reformation?

Since you're using the vanilla map, you should be able to just grab it from vanilla (see Scenarios\Inc and Db\Events\Reformation).