• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took some time off today to work a little on Super SFS, but mostly because one of my comrades is holding an expo in Ghent, to which I depart in 10 minutes. I'd like to add, feel free to nod Laurence to update TCP whenever you feel like :D.

Oh, and to the others of super SFS of which I am sure they are following my every move and thus reading this post: 10/10! Be There or no vote!

-Vincent

Luxemburg has the second highest GDP per capita in the world. Twice the Belgian GDP.

No, it's much easier to just invade Luxembourg. Two people should do the trick. Half the population is French, which means they surrender immediately. The rest is German, which means they'll blindly follow anyone :p
Correct, usually the smaller a country the higher it's GDP, go Luxembourg go!

a belgian prime-minister can always invade luxembourg when he is low in popular support. that should create nonsense patriotism and make him popular:p
Van Rompuy? That old fool? If he leaves his house he gets a fever and dies, damn him.
Someone else is needed for the annexation of Luxembourg...

...will...you do it?? :)

It lives! I've been lurking on these forums for ages, first time posting. Love your AARs. :D
Good to see you again Lepitius, looks like you managed to get your account working. :)
Thank you, and welcome!

I'd like to add, feel free to nod Laurence to update TCP whenever you feel like :D.

-Vincent
Almost forgot about that, update tonight, so if I manage to forget it for a day or 4 just remind me, and all will be fine. :)

Oh, and to the others of super SFS of which I am sure they are following my every move and thus reading this post: 10/10! Be There or no vote!
-Vincent
Subtle, very subtle Vincent.

-L

17birthofthecpkopie.jpg

Years earlier...

The following events took place June 14th, 1909, Berlin, German Empire

“Hey Vince, you should come read this”
“What?” De Nil slid off his bunk and joined Mosley at the study table. Spread out on the desk were piles of history books, tactical plans, political manifesto’s and a series of drawings made by Oswald during class due to severe boredness. Finals, the nightmare of all Academy students. Mosley picked up a newspaper clipping and showed it to De Nil. The outtake reported on a new class of Battleship being co-engineered by German and British naval technicians, complete with pictures of welders boasting with the sheer size of the ship’s massive cannons.
De Nil grinned “About time these idiots got some bloody sense if you’re asking me. Both Britain and Germany have great naval technology, and combining those would make our fleets undefeatable.”
Mosley nodded “England needs a new ally on the continent, and the French sure as hell aren’t going to be it.” He pointed towards another article, showing a picture of the Czar and the French President shaking hands in a large ballroom, decorated with an enormous spanner reading “Vive la nouveau entente!”.
“They allied Russia? You’ve got to be kidding me.”
“Well, apparently they did. The political situation in Europe has been shifting rapidly over the past few years.”
De Nil picked up another newspaper shredding, titled with ‘Small protests in Portsmouth against the Declaration of Hamburg’
“Protests against a Non-Aggressions Pact? Do these people want war with the entire world or something?”
Mosley shrugged “Evidently, some people oppose greater Anglo-german cooperation. Not everyone back on the ‘isles is as open minded as we are, Vincent.”
De Nil nodded “maybe”
Indeed, Oswald Mosley and Vincent De Nil were exceptions. They were two out of six British students selected annually to go study in a foreign country. Both excellent German speakers and gifted in their field of expertise, De Nil and Mosley had been sent to the Military Academy of Berlin as part of an exchange program intended to strengthen the ties between the European countries. While De Nil was studying Naval Warfare and Strategy, Mosley had selected the course International Politics and History. De Nil climbed back onto his bunk and looked around their room. The men had been assigned a small three-person living room in an apartment next to the academy, where they could sleep and study without being disturbed. But, at the moment, their third roommate was missing.
“Hey Oswald.”
“Yeah?” Mosley looked up from his books
“Where did Laurence go?”
He raised an eyebrow “Laurence? How should I know? You know him, he’s always running off somewhere for ‘business’ or camping out in the library to read some more obscure books on warfare strategy of the Vili-tribes around 1557 and whatnot” Mosley focused back on his books “If I’m not mistaken, it’s his habit to stoop in here around this hour so I guess you’ll see him soon”
De Nil kicked out his boots and lied down staring at the ceiling. Above his bunk Vincent had plastered two photos. The first one was a yellowy picture of the HMS Dreadnought, in his opinion one of the most amazing ships to ever sailed the seven seas. That, and it had been the prime ship of his father, Alexis De Nil. To Vincent’s grief, a year ago the HMS Dreadnought was caught in a polar storm on a patrol near Iceland, and never returned. While he did not see his father often, Alexis had been the only family De Nil had left: His mother, Claire Baudelaire died during his birth, and Vincent had no other relatives he knew of. With affliction, De Nil stared at the second picture below the Dreadnought. It was the only surviving picture of him and his father, sailing on Loch Lomond in Scotland. Just as his father, Vincent had inherited the Grand Admiral’s passion for the seas, and was a gifted captain, known for his exploits as leader of the Oxford rowing team back in England.
His father, Alexis, had met his mother on the Phillipenes while advisor to US forces in the Spanish-American war. The two fell in love, and parted for England after the war was over. When his father died, De Nil felt that there was nothing left for him in England, and agreed with the exchange to Germany. While it wasn’t easy, De Nil had grown accustomed to a solitary life. The only regret he had that his father would never be there again to see his accomplishments, while De Nil aimed his entire life to thread in the footsteps of his father, a naval legacy. Vincent knew that, one day, he would be Grand Admiral De Nil too. It was his righteous place in the world.
De Nil looked at the messy bunk next to his, belonging to Van Geyte. As was his habit, the bed was covered in piles of books, centered around Laurence his most prized possessions: A copy of Sun Tzu’s Art of War, a beaten and worn-out German-Mandarin dictionary and a half disassembled Luger Laurence was attempting to put back together. De Nil grinned, and made an attempt at closing his eyes to get some rest, when the door flew open and two voices entered the room actively chatting. It was Laurence and Eicker, another student of the academy.
“Ah, so I see the triumvirate is hard at work. How are you guys?” Eicker asked while grabbing a chair.
“Nothing special. I’ve got 2.000 pages to memorise by heart by next Monday for my finals, so I am slightly panicking.” Mosley commented, while looking something up in one of his history books.
“Where have you been, Laurence?”
Van Geyte looked up and laughed “Ah well, business, you know.”
The Laurence’s bright blue eyes held a gleam of childish amusement, as he strode into the room with an entire crate full of beer. “I managed to barter some of the good stuff off Eichmann yesterday, feel free to have a taste”
Mosley waved his hand “Maybe tonight, I really need to focus now.”
De Nil climbed out of his bunk and took a beer “You better hide that from Inspection, or they’ll be all over our ass when they find out about this.”
Laurence grinned “No problem, I’ve got it worked out” before leaning down and removing a wooden panel from a barely visible wall. Uncovering a chiseled hole in the wall, Laurence slid the crate in and closed the hiding spot again.
De Nil was stunned “How the hell did you chisel a hole in our wall?”
“Actually, I told him” Eicker responded “My brother and his friends used to share this room, and they discovered that hiding spot several years ago. God knows who made it, but it sure is handy. But it’s getting late, I have to run off” Eicker stood up “I’ve got my own finals to worry about. Cheers.” The men waved as Eicker exited the room.
Van Geyte leaned against his bunk and began to rearrange some items.
“Hey Laurence, me and Mosley are going to the Giro next week when finals are over. You feel like coming?”
“Yeah, sure” Van Geyte grinned. His face betrayed the fiendish cunning and intellect of the man. Blessed with a seemingly endless charisma and a top student of his class, Van Geyte was by far one of the most well-known scholars at the academy. A fervent outgoer, everyone knew that Laurence was always up for a good joke, women or alcohol. How he managed to find time to study was almost a miracle.
“Don’t you have a final tomorrow?” Mosley commented.
Van Geyte nodded “Yep, but I’ve got some more important things to do first.” He switched to an elegant suit, and dug a white rose out of his bag.
De Nil laughed “Let me guess...”
“What’s her name?”
“Nadia. Met her last week, she’s a nurse in the infirmary nearby. If I may say so, there’s not a more beautiful woman in Berlin, and I’m taking her out to the finest restaurant I know of.”
“And how are you planning to pay all this exactly?” Mosley looked up again and inquired.
Van Geyte gave Mosley a sly look “Let’s just say I’ve got something worked out with Reinhart, who works there.” He grabbed a bottle of beer and downed it with one gulp, before exclaiming “Here’s to adventure!”, before turning around and exiting the room.
De Nil laughed “Some things never change”
Mosley pushed aside a bunch of folders and stared at Vincent. He said “All is fair in love and war I guess”, and both men smirked.​

Last edited:
University Adventures. I Have a Bad feeling about this...

Now.... I dont suppose it was Laurence that wrote this was it??

Last edited:
No actually, I wrote it, but the heroic description of Laurence will make sence when you read the next post. L, could you do that tonight? I think it's better if these two updates are shortly linked.

Also, I'd like to send everyone to the AARland Choice AwAARds for extra votingness! Place is a bit empty right now, so go put in your ballots.

Cheers,
Vince, having discovered that eating can be done simultaneously with commenting in the AAR thread on fridays

Nitpick.

Mosely was 13 in 1909?

Cheers,
Vince, having discovered that eating can be done simultaneously with commenting in the AAR thread on fridays

:rofl: I cannot in all honesty believe that this is the first time you've actually done that. :p I've been doing it for half a decade already, and has resulted in a whole lot of fun and laughs when I end up dead in MMOs. :D

:rofl: I cannot in all honesty believe that this is the first time you've actually done that. :p I've been doing it for half a decade already, and has resulted in a whole lot of fun and laughs when I end up dead in MMOs. :D

And for the very same reason my mum asks me at least once a day where all her cups and dishes have gone. Next Sunday I really have to take a picture of all the crap on my desk that has ammassed over the weekend.

Also the dissappearance of the HMS Dreadnought is that the point of divergence from our timeline or do the changes go even further back?

Point of divergence is 1879, occurs in France. But this chapter will come with excerpts from the fictional book 'In memoriam', which will explain the TCP universe from said PoD right unto the Deutschkrieg.

-Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.