• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the direction this game is taking.

Can't wait for more information.

Ha I think I noticed something no one has mentioned. It seems it is possible to pick leaders for armies instantly instead of walking them half-way across the world. Now I just click which leader I want. Does this work for conquistadors and explorers too??? I remember being pretty irritated in EU 2 when an explorer/conquistador appears far away from terra incognita and he dies before or in the middle of exploring. Now I could just shoft him to were he needs to be.

Can you substantiate this ?

Ha I think I noticed something no one has mentioned. It seems it is possible to pick leaders for armies instantly instead of walking them half-way across the world. Now I just click which leader I want. Does this work for conquistadors and explorers too??? I remember being pretty irritated in EU 2 when an explorer/conquistador appears far away from terra incognita and he dies before or in the middle of exploring. Now I could just shoft him to were he needs to be.
I hope you are wrong. I never liked the EU3 teleporting leaders and much prefer having the leader actually having to travel to where he needs to be as was the case in EU2.

I hope you are wrong. I never liked the EU3 teleporting leaders and much prefer having the leader actually having to travel to where he needs to be as was the case in EU2.

I dont like it either, specially for multiplayer reasons. Imagine that you just wasted a crapload of cash and troops to beat one of these nemesis in a single battle, just to see him teleporting somewhere else right after a retreat.

I dont like it either, specially for multiplayer reasons. Imagine that you just wasted a crapload of cash and troops to beat one of these nemesis in a single battle, just to see him teleporting somewhere else right after a retreat.

Not to mention that in EU2 generals are overrated (game-wise). You can't really make additional ones besides the historical leaders. Plus, it's interesting to move Nappy from New Orleans to Europe... :p

looks quite nice , but maybe the topbar could be a bit enhanced? to kind of look like more wooden like (for example) in civ4: colonization? that would be sweet

but the helmets on the upper right look cool

looks quite nice , but maybe the topbar could be a bit enhanced? to kind of look like more wooden like (for example) in civ4: colonization? that would be sweet
It uses the usual semi-transparent color (same as in windows) and see connection with information window. I also posted the tutorial for forumers to see result in 800x600. Only room left is the top right corner...

but the helmets on the upper right look cool
Anyway, I'm sure artists will mod icons and possibly other gfx. As always, not easy (impossible?) to please everybody. ;)

JodaMaster said:
Don’t try to find 3D in this game

Thank god!

Ehm, what are the red flags in the left corner for? And could you please post a screen of the map in the culture-mode. I'm curious how it looks.

Does this mean the region limit is gone ?

I've work for you on the WATKABAOI-Map to do... :D:D

Thank god!

Ehm, what are the red flags in the left corner for?

Do you mean that (quoting from the first post):

Just under the top bar, you can see little red flags with different symbols. They are reminders and warnings (notifiers) for the player. Thirteen notifiers are available in the game.

This looks great!

Not to mention that in EU2 generals are overrated (game-wise). You can't really make additional ones besides the historical leaders. Plus, it's interesting to move Nappy from New Orleans to Europe... :p

Yes. A good improvement in the game could be that: new generals should only appear in the capital city or at least in the provinces of homeland.

Yes. A good improvement in the game could be that: new generals should only appear in the capital city or at least in the provinces of homeland.
That'd be great unless otherwise specified in the leaders files of course.

BTW, was it told at some point what the small stars and flags above and under the core shields stand for?