View RSS Feed

Llywelyn

HOI3 AAR Contest

Rate this Entry
Edit: Since this part of the contest is over, condensed this with just links to the ones I particularly liked:

1: ...
2: ...
3: Dealt by comagoosie: A Polish colonel plays with symbolism during the German invasion.
4: A perfect morning by Nikolai: A young Pole tries to deal with his kid brother, puberty, and the Wehrmacht.
5: ...
6: ...
7: Silence by daemonofdecay: A young soldier tries to escape the silence that the war brings him through wrought prose.
8: ...
9: ...
10: Fall Weiss by demokratickid: Poem rhymes 'tippy-top' with 'Molotov-Ribbentrop.'
11: In the Eagle's Nest - A Poland 1939 miniAAR by dublish: the Gameplay AAR, amid an excellent cabinet scene.
12: ...
13: ...
14: The Screenplay by TheHyphenated1: Hollywood shoots down the fascists, though I like the script more than the frame story.
15: ...
16: Along the Line by Brandenburg III: A soldier has to face a tank in battle.
17: ...
18: ...
19: Ah crap, we're Poland... by notenome2: Smigy and the well-fed horses.
20: ...
21: ...
22: ...
23: Domino Day by Lord_D: Both a Polish farmer and a German soldier lose dear ones.
24: ...
25: Stazi and Klien do Poland - September 1939 by Bobb4: HBO's Rome meets Nazi Germany.
26: The Polish Letter by Slaughts: A Polish farmer writes an American writer about his experiences during the German invasion.
27: ...
28: Watch out for vegetables... by cocodtim: A young girl dreams about vegetables at war. Plus, Stalin gets a time machine.
29: ...
30: Extract From: The First and Last Day by robou: A Polish soldier takes a German officer to school.
31: Chicago, Illinois, [former] United States of America by {LD}Firestorm: An AAR-writer condenses himself into a single post.
32: Here is Europe as the cool empire of P0L4ND!!! by Storm501: Mussolini! Stalin! Hitler! Albanian women! Exclamation!
33: ...
34: ...
35: My little Maksymilian by Monnikje: Birdee!
36: Matejko had always found the morning by Alexus: A Polish unit tries to defend Poznan amid a well-told street battle.
37: ...
38: ...
39: Uprising by Gunneroid: German soldiers face a Polish uprising.
40: ...
41: Doktor Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Hun by Llywelyn. An experiment in image-cramming.
42: ...
43: FIRST TO FIGHT by Atlantic Friend: German and Polish soldiers give their personal view on the invasion.
44: ...
45: Kasprzycki's war by Singleton Mosby: Minister Kasprzycki reads gorgeously done postcards from his son while fleeing the German invasion.
46: ...
47: The life and death of Herman Weiss by TRP: Hilarious life & times of the Russo-Polo-Germano-Ruma... No, wait...
48: ...
49: I wish it would rain by eleazar: Absolutely fantastic short story.
(cont.)

Updated 28-07-2009 at 22:55 by Llywelyn

Categories
AARland , ‎ Hoi3

Comments

(cont.)

50: ...
    51: ...
    52: yAAR by Vaski: Chamberlain muddles through Churchill, Moscicki, de Gaulle, and the Great Cheese Shortage of '39.
    53: Aces High by Jedrek: Homage to the Polish Air Force.
    54: Marian Koscialkowski's House by Will Lucky: The Polish cabinet discusses their situation.
    55: ...
    56: ...
    57: ...
    58: The University Student by Beamed: A university student returns home before college starts, only to find his family in shock.
    59: ...
    60: ...
    61: What I Did On My Holidays by Peter Ebbesen: Hitler v. the time travellers.
    62: OUR LADY of SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland by robw963: Amazing images.
    63: ...
    Winners of the first round in gold.
    Story that should've won in bold gold.
    Updated 28-07-2009 at 22:55 by Llywelyn
    I surely hope it will inspire more people to vote, with the few hours that are left .

Good idea to highlight the most popular ones!
    Well, it's not really a good idea. Better if they could go through the several dozen good ones (including yours!). But more practical to make note of it for 'em.

edit: Hmm... only 5 hours left. Probably should've put this up sooner, huh?
    Updated 24-07-2009 at 23:06 by Llywelyn
    Well, you could also highlight the ones you think are a good read . It's your blog, so why not?

Haha, indeed, maybe it would have had more effect if you did it a few days ago.

By the way, you crammed great comments on the entries in this index . Birdee!
    Nah, they didn't include blogs on the Approved List of Advertizing Locations. Last thing I wanna do now is get tossed from the contest with 4.5 hours to go.

Also, canon just posted that any edits after that deadline'll invalidate your post. It's a little crazy since they didn't include a time on their deadline and it'll still be the 24th in America, but be careful.
    Looks like the thread's locked down now, although you can check here or here in case there's an extension for US forumites.