So, let's take a look at what's in the Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome DLC and what's in patch 1.07...
CRUSADER KINGS II: LEGACY OF ROME DLC
- Retinue system. If you don't have the DLC, you won't see the new interface and you cannot hire retinues (and neither will the AI.) The technology that controls the max size of your retinue and relative decrease of normal levy sizes simply does not have this effect without the DLC.
- Orthodox Councillor models
- Major Decisions for the Byzantine Empire
- Byzantine Events
Oh, and we're taking another tack with the DLC this around - if you don't own the DLC, the AI won't be using the new mechanics or events either. Also, from now on in multiplayer mode, the host will control which DLCs are active.
- Faction system. Replaces many existing plots and normal revolt mechanics with factions.
- Personal Improvement Ambitions
- Orthodox Patriarch system
- Have both a Plot and an Ambition at the same time
- Revised levy raising. (You raise a single, large levy from each direct vassal. The opinions of vassals of vassals are irrelevant.)
- Leader Focus on Combat
- More Cultural Buildings
- Improved AI
- Bug fixes (of course)
I will talk about all these features in detail in upcoming dev diaries, but for now, that's all!